Round 26 Updates

Sure will be interesting to see all the farming on casualties and damage in conjunction with flagrunners. Will someone grab multiple titles? I'll predict a double casualty crown sharing a most destructive war spot from mass farming (and closeish to but not part of top 3 NS as well), with everyone else separate. Great updates :D

Lots of flags once again, though...

Please check the posting on why MD (most destructive [war]) flag awards are going to get gamed to all hell and why MTC (most total casualties) is better than MD. You don't have to agree with it, but please at least skim through it.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/blog/1/entry-3790-tournament-round-26/

You know, on second thoughts, both MTC and MD wins can be easily-gamed.

The problem with MTC is that if someone wants to cheat, all they have to do is to launch 2-3 rogues to anarchy an opponent, then have everyone turtle and nuke the target every update to achieve anarchy lock.

MTC feeding is also pretty easy with both sides launching large-scale aggressive attacks without guerrilla camps or barracks.

MD wins at least have the virtue of being entertaining to watch.

You know, on second thoughts, both MTC and MD wins can be easily-gamed.

The problem with MTC is that if someone wants to cheat, all they have to do is to launch 2-3 rogues to anarchy an opponent, then have everyone turtle and nuke the target every update to achieve anarchy lock.

MTC feeding is also pretty easy with both sides launching large-scale aggressive attacks without guerrilla camps or barracks.

MD wins at least have the virtue of being entertaining to watch.

And for MD, it'll be really fun to see people who could've top 3'd go all-out WRC at each other (really, only people with huge WRCs will be able to win) instead to shoot for this award and end up losing in both :P Also, for this you only have one shot... once you've made a possible winning attempt, your nation is done.

MTC cheating can actually get really ridiculous - farming off 6 people could produce over 180,000 casualties in a single day (assuming ~10k lost per defending ground attack, 40k to a nuke, 30k through offensive GAs) while a blocked nation would get 0 - a huge difference.

Edited by Forward

See the moderators blog for updates to the upcoming Tournament Round 26. I'm looking at sometime on this coming Monday to begin the next tournament round if all my additional updates go smoothly.

Thank you Admin! I appreciate what you do for us.

--

[...]the
ability to create alliance announcements, which has now been implemented. I included the ability for alliance members to post comments on an announcement as well as the ability for managers to lock down who can view an announcement and who can post comments.

So much awesomeness.I can barely wait to see what the panel looks like for this.

The bad news is that it will bring by nation spy planting in a big way LOL. *sigh*

There will probably need to be adjustments, but SO. VERY. AWESOME. Thanks :)

--

Now if your nation has 250 miles of land OR a harbor then it can be blockaded and the blockade amount has been increased from a random of 1%-5% to 1%-10%. There were additional requests regarding navy, but I want to see how these settings works out for Round 26 before making further enhancements.

Not as far as I'd have liked, but still a good step in the right direction. Nations smaller than last round's will be buying navy and buying it early. Will we see a rise in 5 nation trade circles lol? Imho, navy remains by far the easiest way to improve on war and make war more fun.

--

This means that the game needs to track the most destructive war, which means that the Awards System in standard edition has now been implemented in tournament edition.

Another step in the right direction! MOAR STATS STATS STATS!

There just can't be enough of these, as far as I am concerned.

All the good players in both SE and TE are math geeks and geeks love stats!

--

Round26Prizes_zps0b51cd01.jpg

I can see two nations that avoid war as much as possible all round long, trying to set themselves up for a duel near the end when their nations are gargantuan, trying for the Most Destructive War prize. I'm not even sure I'm against that, just saying. Changes in the prizes will drive changes in game play and not all of those will be good. It all should be fun to watch and play.

With anything new, there will be those who try to get it on the cheap rather than earn in the spirit intended by the game itself. Keeping things fun and fair will always require adjustments, so those should be expected right now. I think that adjustments ARE going to be needed, no matter what changes were made for this round. So we might as well plan as much as possible for them now and not snivel too much when they come up later? We'll deal with it as we go.

Questions:

1. VIP: Can you be just a bit more specific as to when Round 26 will be started?

You could even go a extra couple days if you need to if there can be a solid start date. How about update 6/18 - 6/19, or even a bit later if possible? Perhaps even Friday might be best, isn't that the day of highest activity?

I have a specific reason for giving a few days before starting: Advertising. I don't mean by Admin, I mean by the players, so we can hit up all our friends from SE and browbeat them into playing TE for Round 26. We need a definite time to tell them! The more nations we get in at the start, the bigger the round can be. The bigger, the more chaos, the more chaos, the more fun!

So, please please can we have a definite start time?

2. In regards to concerns about "gaming" concerning the new (and old) prizes, how will the rules around war-slot filling, spy-slot filling, etc be affected/adapted by what's different in R26? If the answer is "we sort of wing it for now" I'm cool with that until we have better idea what might be needed. However, the rules for war-slot filling and spy-slot filling are there for good reasons. With the changes made for R26, will they need to be changed in any ways?

Now if your nation has 250 miles of land OR a harbor then it can be blockaded and the blockade amount has been increased from a random of 1%-5% to 1%-10%. There were additional requests regarding navy, but I want to see how these settings works out for Round 26 before making further enhancements.

Can it be battle-supported as well, as far as the land goes? Right now it's 400 I think.

This means that the game needs to track the most destructive war, which means that the Awards System in standard edition has now been implemented in tournament edition.

Does this mean that casualties will be listed the way NS is for end of round stats? Like listing the top 100 for each or whatever in attacking casualties, etc.? Will this include TOTAL casualties, for which there is no award - but should be lol?

5. Can total casualties be an award as well? Perhaps TE donations?

Why should SE always get the prizes for TE play? Equal rights for TE, darn it!

I might have others later, but that's enough for now.

Thanks again, Admin!

Of course, we're discussing what type of cheating to obtain a victory condition is better / more entertaining, so... Welcome to TE Round 26, gentlemen.