Tetris-VE MDoAP

Cornelius

veflagfinalrs2rt7.jpgtetrisflag.jpg

Verdant Viridians Visualize the Various Vices Villains are Vying for and Vindicate the Vacated Victims. Turgid Tetrads Tell Tales of Tackling Totalitarians and Taking Those Tyrants To Task.

A VE-Tetris MDoAP

vetetrisl.jpg

Preamble

Can you feel it? Ya feel it

Can you feel it? Ya feel it

Can you feel it? Feel it

Can you feel it? Feel it

Article I: Sovereignty

It must be understood that both alliances are sovereign and independent alliances. Either alliance undertaking any aggressive or defensive action against other entities not included in this agreement does so without implication of the other signatory.

Article II: Non-Aggression

The signatories commit to pursuing friendly and respectful relations. Both agree that they will not engage in hostilities towards each other. This includes but is not limited to direct military action, supporting of third parties in conflict with the other signatory and/or in-game spying.

Article III: Mutual Defense

Section 1:

If one of the signatories is attacked by a third party, the other signatory is required to provide assistance (both military and/or financial) as requested by the defender.

Section 2:

If either signatory declares war using an optional clause from another treaty and is attacked as a result, the defense clause herein shall become Optional Defense and not Mutual Defense.

Article IV: Optional Aggression

If one signatory chooses to initiate aggressive action against a third party, the other signatory is encouraged, but not obligated, to provide assistance (financially and/or militarily).

Article V: Intelligence

Section 1:

If a member of either signatory comes across intelligence that is related to the safety and well being of the other signatory then it is required of the discovering signatory to report this as quickly as possible to the endangered signatory.

Section 2:

If either signatory is aware that they are about to be attacked by a third party, they are required, unless impossible, to inform the other signatory.

Section 3:

If either signatory receives intelligence from a third party not in relation to either signatory, they are not obliged to share this intelligence, but are encouraged to do so.

Article VI: Financial Assistance

Both signatories agree that neither is legally bound to grant requests of financial aid from the other, except in the case of Article III. Both signatories are encouraged to do so in the interest of friendship and building a healthy diplomatic and economic relationship, however requests may be denied with or without reason.

Article VII: Espionage

Both signatories pledge not to engage in espionage against each other or any other alliance. Espionage is defined in this article as the hacking of, planting of members, or any other extra-game activities to intentionally gain intelligence on the other signatory. Breaking of this term will immediately trigger Article VIII.

Article VIII: Termination

While it is hoped this treaty will never be cancelled, we recognize it is possible that these two signatories might drift apart. If a signatory wishes to terminate this agreement, the agreement between these signatories shall end 48 hours from the moment notification is given.

Signed for Tetris,

USMC123, Game Developer

Logan, Programmer of Foreign Matters

keenu, Programmer of Internal Matters

Granat, Programmer of Game Patent

Signed for the Viridian Entente:

AS6veGreatSeal.gif

Cornelius, Lord

Solaris, Duke

Impero, Secretary of Defense

Goldielax25, Secretary of the Interior

Typoninja, Secretary of State

Interesting, although article III seems to suggest that if one party was honouring a mandatory clause (rather than an optional), the other still joins in. Am I reading the intent right there?

It's just an optional chaining clause.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Interesting, although article III seems to suggest that if one party was honouring a mandatory clause (rather than an optional), the other still joins in. Am I reading the intent right there?

I suppose if Below was activated... but I have a suspicion we'd choose to go in if those three did. :P

EDIT: Also what Impero said.

Edited by USMC123

If either signatory declares war using an optional clause from another treaty and is attacked as a result, the defense clause herein shall become Optional Defense and not Mutual Defense.

I like this clause.

We stand by our allies, not necessarily our allies' allies, and probably not our allies' allies' allies

Edited by leprecon

I like this clause.

We stand by our allies, not necessarily our allies' allies, and probably not our allies' allies' allies

Actually, it says we may not stand by VE's allies if VE CHOOSES to attack with them (or I suppose if VE chooses to defend them in te case of an ODP).

Mutual Defense still stand. :P