A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War Rests In Outer Heaven

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you luck where ever you end up.

Good luck!

Thanks! It's interesting. The time that has passed since I left MI6 has been the time I've most enjoyed being part of the international community of Planet Bob. It was not until I felt I had no choice but to strike off on my own, and had resigned myself to death in an endless battle of revenge, that I found something worth sticking around in Planet Bob's international community for. For that, I thank you all.

q17Mn74.jpg

Edited by Shokkou

And yes, he went rogue because he was asked to not repeat a racial slur. Instead of either just moving on or forgetting about it decided it was his libertarian right to say and spam whatever he wanted but without consequence, most importantly -- racial slurs.

The dreaded consequence: his future posts including aforementioned language that need I remind the few here who seem to be encouraging of such sort is not acceptable or tolerated on these very boards -- were deleted.

The horror.

Edited by IYIyTh

And yes, he went rogue because he was asked to not repeat a racial slur. Instead of either just moving on or forgetting about it decided it was his libertarian right to say and spam whatever he wanted but without consequence, most importantly -- racial slurs.

The dreaded consequence: his post was deleted.

The horror.

I hear it's one that gets flung around quite often. Although it's always interesting to hear both sides. Again nothing surprises me with anything MI6 now.

I hear it's one that gets flung around quite often. Although it's always interesting to hear both sides. Again nothing surprises me with anything MI6 now.

Apparently whoever is telling you things is quite wrong.

It's fairly cut and dry. Shokkou will admit as such. His only differentiating fact is that "joking," while using the racial slur entitles one to continue using it after being asked to stop.

As for your desire to use MI6 at the end of the sentence, I'm not sure what you're going for. If you are applauding us for handling basically a loose cannon (guy goes rogue for having his racial slurs removed,) I thank you. If you are insinuating we've done something wrong in this situation I truly do think there is no hope for you nor the lot in CN who seem to have some sort of fascination with MI6. We're doing just fine. Far more often the folks throwing stones these days have quite the glass houses.

I don't believe that, and he certainly hasn't expressed as much on our boards -- but that's irrelevant to this topic.

What is relevant is that someone was offended by Shokkou's posting. He was asked to stop on that account, and instead of doing so decided to make it a point to spam multiple instances of what was indeed offensive. His posts were removed, and in response he decided to go rogue.

I have no sympathy for his actions nor his sympathizers, and am a little humored that some would defend him to get a shot in at MI6 despite the implication.

It's fairly cut and dry. Shokkou will admit as such. His only differentiating fact is that "joking," while using the racial slur entitles one to continue using it after being asked to stop.

As for your desire to use MI6 at the end of the sentence, I'm not sure what you're going for. If you are applauding us for handling basically a loose cannon (guy goes rogue for having his racial slurs removed,) I thank you. If you are insinuating we've done something wrong in this situation I truly do think there is no hope for you nor the lot in CN who seem to have some sort of fascination with MI6. We're doing just fine. Far more often the folks throwing stones these days have quite the glass houses.

Well by all means if that is the case then the removal is fairly justified. Racism is something that is not welcome in any place. I'm the first to snap at someone being racist, or mainly ''joking'' in any I'll manor just ask about I'm sure you will find that out. However as I said in my previous post hearing both sides of the story is always interesting helps paint the picture.

As for my MI6 comment you should not take things to always be an insult at you or yours. It's just tunnel vision to think anything anyone says is always again you. Although things that occur from your alliance no longer cease to surprise me as I've come to expect the unexpected so please wind your neck in and don't jump to conclusions.

Well by all means if that is the case then the removal is fairly justified. Racism is something that is not welcome in any place. I'm the first to snap at someone being racist, or mainly ''joking'' in any I'll manor just ask about I'm sure you will find that out. However as I said in my previous post hearing both sides of the story is always interesting helps paint the picture.

As for my MI6 comment you should not take things to always be an insult at you or yours. It's just tunnel vision to think anything anyone says is always again you. Although things that occur from your alliance no longer cease to surprise me as I've come to expect the unexpected so please wind your neck in and don't jump to conclusions.

I'm glad you clarified because it was hard to tell considering your previous posts as well as the previous posters as there being confusion as to how you felt about the subject.

I'm not sure what is extraordinary about this event as I'm fairly certain almost every alliance (perhaps maybe except NG,) have had to deal with something similar at one point in time or another.

Glad we're on the same page.

I don't believe that, and he certainly hasn't expressed as much on our boards -- but that's irrelevant to this topic.

I'm almost certain he has, at one point, said something racist on the boards. Apparently, joking does in fact count, so the context would be irrelevant here.

It's entirely relevant to this topic because if you're removing one guy for this action you should be removing more, and to do otherwise would hint at an ulterior motive/cover story. If it's an ulterior motive in removing a specific instance, fine -- you should be removing more, but you're not -- but to defame somebody in this manner would be just plain stupid and yet it is the exact kind of drama that happens around this realm all the time.

I'm almost certain he has, at one point, said something racist on the boards. Apparently, joking does in fact count, so the context would be irrelevant here.

It's entirely relevant to this topic because if you're removing one guy for this action you should be removing more, and to do otherwise would hint at an ulterior motive/cover story. If it's an ulterior motive in removing a specific instance, fine -- you should be removing more, but you're not -- but to defame somebody in this manner would be just plain stupid and yet it is the exact kind of drama that happens around this realm all the time.

I'm fairly certain we are capable of managing our own alliance, we'll let you know when we need your advice. 

Thanks for offering, though.

Shokkou decided to make a post in alliance politics regarding the situation and I'm merely providing what happened instead of flowery 4-5 paragraphs of unrelated content.

I was just an annoyed bystander.

I wouldn't let Tywin watch my bike.

I swear the bike was just lying there, officer. A friend gave it to me to hold for him. I bought it from a guy, but I don't remember his name. I have no idea where that bike came from. What bike? I don't see a bike. What's a bike?

*looks around*

Whoops. Wrong discussion. Apologies.

Love the theme
When is metal gear5 coming out again?

September 1st. In spite of my usual skepticism, I'm kind of excited for it.

The dreaded consequence: his future posts including aforementioned language that need I remind the few here who seem to be encouraging of such sort is not acceptable or tolerated on these very boards -- were deleted.

The horror.

I have explained in great detail that this is not the case. You can oversimplify the situation to make yourself look less bad, but that does not make your version anything less than grossly disingenuous. As for language not being acceptable on this board, this board is more of a public place than our private alliance boards. Making such a joke here would be more the equivalent of doing so in a public library or the DMV. Making the joke on our own boards is, and this analogy certainly fits many people at MI6 specifically, more like making the joke while chilling at a frat house. You can try to pretend that they are the same, but you would be an idiot.

I used it once in the aforementioned joking context and reposted it when it was removed without warning. Then I took a shot at TL when the situation was mishandled in the way I mentioned in my lengthier post. I think by that time my anger was justified, regardless of how you may want to present the situation here.

MI6 may be doing just fine, but your already strained reputation and credibility have taken another hit. I wonder how much more they can take before you find yourself stripped of the power you seem overly fond of.

What is relevant is that someone was offended by Shokkou's posting. He was asked to stop on that account, and instead of doing so decided to make it a point to spam multiple instances of what was indeed offensive. His posts were removed, and in response he decided to go rogue.

I have no sympathy for his actions nor his sympathizers, and am a little humored that some would defend him to get a shot in at MI6 despite the implication.

No one was directly offended. TL was offended that someone interrupted his circlejerk and decided to make wild accusations of racism, the same as you've just implied. There was also no "spam" unless three posts, only two of which were the same because no one had confronted me about the removal of my first post, somehow counts as spam.

This is why I take the accusations of racism for the joke seriously and personally. This is nothing more than people taking things more seriously than the situation warrants and opting to abuse their power because they believe no one will stop them.

I'm fairly certain we are capable of managing our own alliance, we'll let you know when we need your advice. 

Thanks for offering, though.

Shokkou decided to make a post in alliance politics regarding the situation and I'm merely providing what happened instead of flowery 4-5 paragraphs of unrelated content.

I was just an annoyed bystander.

You provided your own warped and oversimplified version of events in a transparent effort to save face. If you'd like, I can query some of your own alliance members and see if they'd be willing to call you out on the OWF. What's the worst that can happen? Your credibility is ruined to the point where you're forced to resign, and then more reasonable minds who are less hated by the international community take over and MI6s foreign affairs actually go somewhere?

In any case, if this were simply about racism and not being able to say a word... why did I stop? Why don't you enlighten us all as to your side of the story there? I was prepared to leave Planet Bob for good, but some of your own members weren't too happy about having to attack me when they agreed with my cause. Your and TLs subordinates went behind your backs to negotiate this peace, Myth, and you were both powerless to stop it. Why is that, exactly?

Edited by Shokkou

We did not remove Shokkou for using a racial slur. We removed him for going rogue on three members of our alliance.