An Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300234636' post='2665951']

Yeah, you fine folks of the NPO sure did change but was it for the better?
[/quote]

Instead of staring into the abyss, VE should have stared at the mirror.

Edited by Charles Stuart

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300234636' post='2665951']
Is it an extreme exageration? My records indicates that it is spot on. I suggest that you be a bit more accurate in your accounting inthe future. In a little more than 24 hours the following individuals posted and in many cases made multiple postings.

[list]'Cortath' date='08 May 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1273361739'
'Arcades057' date='08 May 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1273362201'
'silentkiller' date='08 May 2010 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1273362430'
'VektorZero' date='08 May 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1273362511'
'Branimir' date='08 May 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1273362821'
'Tombed' date='08 May 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1273363065'
'Bilrow' date='08 May 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1273363217'
'Lord of Darkness' date='08 May 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1273363348'
'Iceknave' date='08 May 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1273363750'
'Zblueblur0' date='08 May 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1273363971'
'bakamitai' date='08 May 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1273363979'
'Red' date='08 May 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1273364772'
'The Pansy' date='08 May 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1273385651'
'Zhihao' date='08 May 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1273387175'
'Lord Valleo' date='08 May 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1273387325'
'kenny' date ='09 May 2010 - 07:01 AM' timestamp='1273413711'
'Vengashii' date='09 May 2010 - 08:07 AM' timestamp='1273417642'
'Jasmine' date='09 May 2010 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1273461587'
'Iceknave' date='09 May 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1273462084'
'TrotskysRevenge' date='09 May 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1273462164'
'Applesauce59' date='09 May 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1273462347'
'WorldConqueror' date='09 May 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1273462905'
'Deatvert' date='09 May 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1273462912'
'Gandroff' date='09 May 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1273463041'
'Woody' date='09 May 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1273463047'[/list]

The text was not pretty and full of vulgarity/profanity. I provide the following single example. Keep in mind that the individual you fine folks in the NPO are referencing was our Assistant Secretary of State.

Yeah, you fine folks of the NPO sure did change but was it for the better?
[/quote]

I already know your lying based on the fact that you put Moo on the list. His post on may 10 that I am reading right now proves it, so please spare us from this nonsense. I'd post it here if the NPO doesn't mind, but I don't want to get in trouble for your pathetic rubbish.

While I prefer not to take sides between two groups that, in my mind, have remarkably similar modus operandi, nevertheless I do have to provide a small observation also noted by others. If it was a true desire to mend bridges or even just inform NPO of VE's current status, sending SethB was a remarkably poor decision. Surely any seasoned diplomat would have sensed warning flags going off right away.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1300236713' post='2665965']
While I prefer not to take sides between two groups that, in my mind, have remarkably similar modus operandi, nevertheless I do have to provide a small observation also noted by others. If it was a true desire to mend bridges or even just inform NPO of VE's current status, sending SethB was a remarkably poor decision. Surely any seasoned diplomat would have sensed warning flags going off right away.
[/quote]
Whenever this sethb business gets brought up my eyes just glaze right over and I reach for that ice pick we have in here to pluck out my eyes because it comes up so frequently and both sides are oblivious. VE felt it was necessary to send sethb over and whether others can see it as necessary after the fact is moot. They felt it necessary and so from there you go about doing so in the best manner possible. I don't know if they sought out whether it was ill-advised or not but hadn't they then they should have. Had they done so and it came back favorable I still would have used any friends members might have to gauge the attitude towards sethb. This wouldn't be normal procedure but only that for circumstances where tensions will obviously run very high. In cases where it was ill-advised you hold off on that extra step and do everything else in the mean time. When sethb got there, there really shouldn't have been any of that nonsense. Sincere feelings could be stated without going that far and if they didn't want him there they should have simply denied him a mask but then who ever masks might also have differing views and the reaction of membership isn't always predictable.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300236594' post='2665962']
I already know your lying based on the fact that you put Moo on the list. His post on may 10 that I am reading right now proves it, so please spare us from this nonsense. I'd post it here if the NPO doesn't mind, but I don't want to get in trouble for your pathetic rubbish.
[/quote]

My, my, my. Aren't you the typical suave and tactful NPO diplomat? Take note of the date and time which I provided for you. If you pull your nose out from the nether regions of your Clown Prince Chuckles and follow it, it will lead you to:

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' date='08 May 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1273367468' post='5039033']
:ph43r:

There really isn't much to be said that hasn't been said already.

[IMG]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8942/633775495275400070doublc.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Now I will grant you that Moo's post was tame by comparison but neither did it do anything to put a halt to the flame fest.

[quote name='Hyperbad' timestamp='1300237968' post='2665986']
Whenever this sethb business gets brought up my eyes just glaze right over and I reach for that ice pick we have in here to pluck out my eyes because it comes up so frequently and both sides are oblivious. VE felt it was necessary to send sethb over and whether others can see it as necessary after the fact is moot. They felt it necessary and so from there you go about doing so in the best manner possible. I don't know if they sought out whether it was ill-advised or not but hadn't they then they should have. Had they done so and it came back favorable I still would have used any friends members might have to gauge the attitude towards sethb. This wouldn't be normal procedure but only that for circumstances where tensions will obviously run very high. In cases where it was ill-advised you hold off on that extra step and do everything else in the mean time. When sethb got there, there really shouldn't have been any of that nonsense. Sincere feelings could be stated without going that far and if they didn't want him there they should have simply denied him a mask but then who ever masks might also have differing views and the reaction of membership isn't always predictable.
[/quote]

"The greatest conflicts are not between good versus evil, but between all parties who think they themselves are good."

I doubt that either side handled themselves well. One by their choice of emissary, and the other by their reception of such a guest.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300238207' post='2665988']
My, my, my. Aren't you the typical suave and tactful NPO diplomat? Take note of the date and time which I provided for you. If you pull your nose out from the nether regions of your Clown Prince Chuckles and follow it, it will lead you to:

Now I will grant you that Moo's post was tame by comparison but neither did it do anything to put a halt to the flame fest.
[/quote]
What would you have Moo do? You think he has the power to stop anyone from posting? In hindsight perhaps locking the thread would have been the best choice, but then hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it? I think your nose is the one in the wrong place my friend.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1300238532' post='2665997']
"The greatest conflicts are not between good versus evil, but between all parties who think they themselves are good."

I doubt that either side handled themselves well. One by their choice of emissary, and the other by their reception of such a guest.[/quote]
Indeed. Still, given that the comments by NPO members happened on their own forums I don't hold it against them simply because it's their turf and if one should feel comfortable anywhere, it's at home. Don't like it? gtfo kind of thing. Such a policy may not be good for business but I'd consider it more or less common sense where if you don't want uncensored views and statements don't go there.

Edited by Hyperbad

[quote name='Hyperbad' timestamp='1300239090' post='2666008']
Indeed. Still, given that the comments by NPO members happened on their own forums I don't hold it against them simply because it's their turf and if one should feel comfortable anywhere, it's at home. Don't like it? gtfo kind of thing. Such a policy may not be good for business but I'd consider it more or less common sense where if you don't want uncensored views and statements don't go there.
[/quote]

We are in agreement then.

I can see some merit in sending the catalyst for NPO's biggest beat-down to them, provided he were an expert diplomat (note: not expert minister, but one exceptionally skilled in diplomacy, an important difference) and willing to smooth some feathers, but it would have to been under a very structured circumstance, not open season of potshots by the membership.

*shrug*

Anyway, seems as if both sides haven't had any interest in resolving their issues but have, at every step, antagonized each other or each others allies.

Makes for good war, at least.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300238676' post='2666000']
What would you have Moo do? You think he has the power to stop anyone from posting? In hindsight perhaps locking the thread would have been the best choice, but then hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it? I think your nose is the one in the wrong place my friend.
[/quote]

As you say hindsight is not 20/20 but you would think that a former Emperor would have enough common sense to not fan the flamefest while the current emperor is trying to conduct diplomatic efforts. This is from 'TrotskysRevenge' date='09 May 2010 - 08:29 PM':
[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' date='09 May 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1273462164' post='5039524']

Sending sethb here as a diplomat is nothing short of insulting and disingenious, given his part in the Karma War. That, combined with the fact that we sent an Imperial Officer and the Emperor, would seem to indicate that you are not serious in your intentions concerning improving diplomatic relations with us at all.
[/quote]

But what can you expect when the current emperor, Clown Prince Chuckles, involves himself in this flame fanning exchange:

[quote] [quote name='Red' date='08 May 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1273364772' post='5039005']
Come on guys. It could be a gesture of friendship. Maybe we're meant to eat him :pacificawesome:
[/quote]
[quote name='Cortath' date='08 May 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1273365063' post='5039010']
Is it a baby?
[/quote]
[quote name='Red' date='08 May 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1273366667' post='5039022']
It could be. Quick. Someone make it cry so we can know for sure.
[/quote] [/quote]

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300239739' post='2666018']
As you say hindsight is not 20/20 but you would think that a former Emperor would have enough common sense to not fan the flamefest while the current emperor is trying to conduct diplomatic efforts. This is from 'TrotskysRevenge' date='09 May 2010 - 08:29 PM':

But what can you expect when the current emperor, Clown Prince Chuckles, involves himself in this flame fanning exchange:

[/quote]

Sigh...massive facepalm here again. Moo's post hardly did anything to encourage the flamefest, and Cortath's post are based on a joke that everyone in the whole universe knows except you for some reason. Yes I am NPO and yes I eat babies. Excuse me while I grab a few stem cells to chow on. :P

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300239739' post='2666018']

[/quote]

Keep on digging, eventually you'll hit one of my posts and then you'll have something worth showing the class.

After that, why not explain to everyone how you were treated by our BR?

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300240106' post='2666024']
Sigh...massive facepalm here again. Moo's post hardly did anything to encourage the flamefest, and Cortath's post are based on a joke that everyone in the whole universe knows except you for some reason. Yes I am NPO and yes I eat babies. Excuse me while I grab a few stem cells to chow on. :P
[/quote]

Nor did it do anything to stop it. My father has a saying: “There is a time for everything and now is not that time.” His saying is a play off of “A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.” (Ecc 3:4) Yes, it was a joke. Another time and another place it would have had a different result. Using the timelines, let’s reconstruct those quotations in the order they happened and to just see what the result was.

[quote]
[quote name='Red' date='08 May 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1273364772' post='5039005']
Come on guys. It could be a gesture of friendship. Maybe we're meant to eat him :pacificawesome:
[/quote]
[quote name='Cortath' date='08 May 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1273365063' post='5039010']
Is it a baby?
[/quote]
[quote name='Red' date='08 May 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1273366667' post='5039022']
It could be. Quick. Someone make it cry so we can know for sure.
[/quote]
[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' date='08 May 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1273367468' post='5039033']

There really isn't much to be said that hasn't been said already.
[IMG]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8942/633775495275400070doublc.jpg[/IMG][/quote]
[quote name='Lord Valleo' date='08 May 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1273387325' post='5039181']
Please understand that I am not a part of our Outstanding Diplomatic Team, and part of this reason is for the following:

{Expletive Deleted} Sethb

{Expletive Deleted} VE

{Expletive Deleted} everyone who responds against my Emperor.

Really VE!?! You get an Imperial Officer and then our Emperor and in response you send a {Expletive Deleted} sucking gutter {Expletive Deleted} like Sethb as your diplomat!?! {Expletive Deleted} off and die forever!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, sometimes I hold a grudge, I will see you on the soles of my Jackboots.
[/quote][/quote]

Yeah, there is absolutely no chance that NPO's rank and file would follow the lead of their leadership, now is there? And of course there is no chance that a combination of several similar incidents involving other alliances would result in NPO getting into their current predicament.

But yeah that was a great joke. I do so hope that all of NPO is laughing with me.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300242110' post='2666058']
Nor did it do anything to stop it. My father has a saying: “There is a time for everything and now is not that time.” His saying is a play off of “A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.” (Ecc 3:4) Yes, it was a joke. Another time and another place it would have had a different result. Using the timelines, let’s reconstruct those quotations in the order they happened and to just see what the result was.

Yeah, there is absolutely no chance that NPO's rank and file would follow the lead of their leadership, now is there? And of course there is no chance that a combination of several similar incidents involving other alliances would result in NPO getting into their current predicament.

But yeah that was a great joke. I do so hope that all of NPO is laughing with me.
[/quote]
Sigh...so now your flip flopping and saying its not our leadership? If you've ever ridden a bike you'd know you don't go far when you backpedal. And your fathers quote still doesn't change the fact that your looking back in hindsight again, so spare me the nonsense. Maybe I should consider ve might disband when I read anything they tell me?

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1300212542' post='2665662']
My mistake I missed the 3 word sentence. That really must have added a lot of strain on you.

As for the big words I think he expresses himself very well. If the big word confuse you I think the problem lies with you. I don't see anyone else having any problem understanding him.
[/quote]

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1300213656' post='2665671']
If people use "big words" to express themselves it doesn't always mean that they are trying to "impress" you, or anyone else. It means they have a vocabulary that is clearly more extensive than yours and they choose to use it. How that is somehow a character flaw that needs to be fixed is absolutely hilarious. I agree though, all posters should condense their posts to a series of four letter words that are censored on these boards with poorly worded insults sprinkled in. It is good to see that there are still people dreaming of creating such a perfect world.
[/quote]

His vocabulary is no bigger than mine, and I understand fully what he posts. This isn't about my ability to read what he says. Though I suppose I should have seen that misdirection coming from you clowns.

The simple fact is that he [i]is[/i] using this sort of language in an attempt to show off. Anyone who knows anything about real writing, knows that this is not how you properly write in any field, unless you're perhaps in a competition to see how many unusual and novel words you can cram into a small space. It's unnecessary, and it masks the fact that he actually has very little to say. It's all fluff and no substance.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1300216235' post='2665696']
But nobody talks like that. Hell, he's beating Vladimir for the size of his words. I guess it's possible that he's really like that, but it seems more likely that he constantly has a thesaurus opened up in another tab and is trying to seem more intellectual than he really is. This is supported by the fact that the actual content of what he says is stupid.
[/quote]
Fairly certain that this is an accurate assessment of the situation.

Oh, and him and the rest of VE !@#$%*ing about NPO not treating diplomats with respect is just rich, considering the swill VE chose to align itself with. A solid day for me is if I can get on to #cybergoons or #poisonclan or #mushroom without being cussed out and banned on the spot. So forgive me if I find it funny that VE is throwing such a temper tantrum at NPO not receiving a hated enemy with the nothing but the highest respect. And that's not counting that sending a lowly nobody when NPO sends their Emperor is a rather rude insult from VE as a whole. But again, it's just you getting dirty, rolling in the mud with the pigs you chose as allies.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300242980' post='2666068']
Sigh...so now your flip flopping and saying its not our leadership? If you've ever ridden a bike you'd know you don't go far when you backpedal. And your fathers quote still doesn't change the fact that your looking back in hindsight again, so spare me the nonsense. Maybe I should consider ve might disband when I read anything they tell me?
[/quote]

Apparently, English is a second language for you. What you mistook for backpedalling is in reality sarcasm. It is the NPO leadership's fault for not reining in the rank and file. The failure to do so in this and similar instances with other alliances resulted in NPO fighting the war in which the NPO now finds itself. Now the question that the member nations of the NPO should be asking is "Was that thigh slapping joke really worth telling?"

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300244051' post='2666080']
His vocabulary is no bigger than mine, and I understand fully what he posts. This isn't about my ability to read what he says. Though I suppose I should have seen that misdirection coming from you clowns.

The simple fact is that he [i]is[/i] using this sort of language in an attempt to show off. Anyone who knows anything about real writing, knows that this is not how you properly write in any field, unless you're perhaps in a competition to see how many unusual and novel words you can cram into a small space. It's unnecessary, and it masks the fact that he actually has very little to say. It's all fluff and no substance.

Fairly certain that this is an accurate assessment of the situation.

Oh, and him and the rest of VE !@#$%*ing about NPO not treating diplomats with respect is just rich, considering the swill VE chose to align itself with. A solid day for me is if I can get on to #cybergoons or #poisonclan or #mushroom without being cussed out and banned on the spot. So forgive me if I find it funny that VE is throwing such a temper tantrum at NPO not receiving a hated enemy with the nothing but the highest respect. And that's not counting that sending a lowly nobody when NPO sends their Emperor is a rather rude insult from VE as a whole. But again, it's just you getting dirty, rolling in the mud with the pigs you chose as allies.
[/quote]

I will, once again, dummy this down just for you. The individual you call "a lowly nobody" was VE's Assistant Secretary of State. That is the equivalent of one of NPO's Imperial Officers for Foreign Affairs. If you say that an Imperial Officer is a nobody, who am I to argue the point? The VE does not expect NPO to like the man. We do expect NPO to respect the office which he holds. As has been said many times. We may not like Imperial Officer Bilrow but we do showed him courtesy and respect. We expected that same diplomatic courtesies in return. Now did you understand that? Do I need to break it down into even smaller word segments?

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300242110' post='2666058']

[/quote]

Considering that your default posting style with regards to us is miles worse than that disapproval expressed by our leadership in that thread, I find your assertions that they provided a "lead" for insults disingenuous at best.

I am not quite certain why VE seems so intent on elevating this on a pedestal. The behavior of some our members was not acceptable, and that has been widely acknowledged and apologized for. And of course, I can understand if you might still be annoyed by it afterwards. But it neither represents some hidden leadership agenda nor some alliance-wide character fault. Much in the same way that the large number of loathesome conversations that you can spot just by idling in certain IRC channels do not, I would hope, represent a general bent amongst the affiliations of those that participate in them.

[quote]
The failure to do so in this and similar instances with other alliances resulted in NPO fighting the war in which the NPO now finds itself
[/quote]

Not really, no. These repeated attempts by Doomhouse and cheerleaders to find some kind of "fault" that will help them blame NPO for the cause of the war is laughable, at best. Especially since, out of all alliances here, the ones in Doomhouse are amongst those with the greatest reputation for a "rank and file" that is often not "reigned in" and displays "disrespectful" tendencies.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1300248793' post='2666168']
Apparently, English is a second language for you. What you mistook for backpedalling is in reality sarcasm. It is the NPO leadership's fault for not reining in the rank and file. The failure to do so in this and similar instances with other alliances resulted in NPO fighting the war in which the NPO now finds itself. Now the question that the member nations of the NPO should be asking is "Was that thigh slapping joke really worth telling?"

I will, once again, dummy this down just for you. The individual you call "a lowly nobody" was VE's Assistant Secretary of State. That is the equivalent of one of NPO's Imperial Officers for Foreign Affairs. If you say that an Imperial Officer is a nobody, who am I to argue the point? The VE does not expect NPO to like the man. We do expect NPO to respect the office which he holds. As has been said many times. We may not like Imperial Officer Bilrow but we do showed him courtesy and respect. We expected that same diplomatic courtesies in return. Now did you understand that? Do I need to break it down into even smaller word segments?
[/quote]

Right, so now its the NPO's fault for not predicting that this would happen? I suppose we should apologize for not being able to see through time like you can. Tell me, what will I say next? Or who will post next in this thread? Or hey, how about next weeks lotto numbers? Excuse me a moment, my stem cells need some more sauce.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1300244051' post='2666080']
[/quote]

So then how does your argument hold up when the fact that VE wasnt the only alliance to have been disrespected on the pacifica diplomatic forums? It doesnt HoT.

Sure VE was partially in the wrong by sending someone over whom is well known to be disliked within pacifica but pacifica did not have to then respond in kind...couple that with the fact that they have prior instances of diplomatic arrogance and misconduct its apparent that some track record of 'We dont need or like you anymore (insert a number of alliance names of a past pacifica ally here), so have no need to be cordial $%&@ off' exists within the ranks imo...

That being said, it doesnt mean that this current political situation isnt waking them up to failings of the past and hopefully rectifying them...

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300249852' post='2666197']
Right, so now its the NPO's fault for not predicting that this would happen? I suppose we should apologize for not being able to see through time like you can. Tell me, what will I say next? Or who will post next in this thread? Or hey, how about next weeks lotto numbers? Excuse me a moment, my stem cells need some more sauce.
[/quote]

Or you could stop being a moron and realize that he is criticizing NPO for something that it did, not something it should have foreseen. The conclusion that this was instigated by leadership, by the way, stems from the time lapse between the original post and Corinth's, then the flurry of responses thereafter.

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1300250250' post='2666205']
Or you could stop being a moron and realize that he is criticizing NPO for something that it did, not something it should have foreseen. The conclusion that this was instigated by leadership, by the way, stems from the time lapse between the original post and Corinth's, then the flurry of responses thereafter.
[/quote]
You do realize that Corinth is not online 24/7, as neither am I right? The only way you can spin doctor this to being our fault is for our leadership not messaging all 600 members privately and telling them "hey ve sent the worst possible person to our forums as a diplomat, so don't tell them what you think of him". That's not a hard feat at all, your absolutely right.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1300251162' post='2666220']
You do realize that Corinth is not online 24/7, as neither am I right? The only way you can spin doctor this to being our fault is for our leadership not messaging all 600 members privately and telling them "hey ve sent the worst possible person to our forums as a diplomat, so don't tell them what you think of him". That's not a hard feat at all, your absolutely right.
[/quote]

Corinth started it. Many prominent Pacificans joined in. How can you say [i]I'm[/i] spinning it?

This is the first time I've seen anything about what was posted.

Yes, Cortath is so evil for posting "Is it a baby?". Moo's post was completely out of line, practically cussing, not at all reasonable.

Jeeze, you guys are really stretching here. I'm surprised you posted it, considering it just makes you look like crybabies. "OMG, Cortath posts a baby eating joke, how horrible!!!!!"