A Protectorate Agreement

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1299547758' post='2656029']
I take it you are (OOC: from another forum/website/clan outside of CN) not from round here.

Congrats on getting a protector, if you're not what I put in brackets, then damn you sure have ace recruiters.

Good luck out there, I expect to see good things from you lot.
[/quote]

They are an invasion alliance from [OOC]The Bungie (Halo creator) forums.[/OOC]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1299554867' post='2656146']
How long does the ODN plan to endanger its protectorate by engaging them in their war of aggression against the Justitian Mystery by the solicitation of aid during war? The Flood Empire has refused counsel that aiding an alliance at war is an act of war, has the ODN apprised those they claim to protect that it is so, so that The Flood might make their own decision on the matter knowing the full scope of their decision?
[/quote]Pretty much this. The job of a protector is to lead their protectorate out of harm's way, not directly into it. They are young and do not yet know right from wrong.

I hope you can make the right decision here.

How long does the ODN plan to endanger its protectorate by engaging them in their war of aggression against the Justitian Mystery by the solicitation of aid during war? The Flood Empire has refused counsel that aiding an alliance at war is an act of war, has the ODN apprised those they claim to protect that it is so, so that The Flood might make their own decision on the matter knowing the full scope of their decision?
[/quote]
I can only concur. ODN, you should go to The Flood's leadership and communicate the nature of the situation immediately. This war is certainly not something that a promising young alliance with a large, but very weak, member base would want to get involved in if it is looking to keep the growth going for a while.

As a protector, it is your duty to ensure the long-term success of your protectorate, rather than abusing your relationship for your short-term gain.

Edited by Vasuda

Actually, it's really quite simple. If anybody touches our protectorate, there will be serious ramifications. The fact that nearly our entire upper tier isn't actually involved in this war, and has nothing better to do then tech deal isn't really our fault.

Edited by joracy

has the ODN apprised those they claim to protect that it is so, so that The Flood might make their own decision on the matter knowing the full scope of their decision?
[/quote]
Yes, they have. Thanks for the concern, though, since I think we've already established our stance on the issue.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299556263' post='2656163']
The job of a protector is to lead their protectorate out of harm's way, not directly into it.
[/quote]
And the job of a protector is also to, well, [i]protect[/i] their protectorate from direct threats. In which case, I'm more than confident ODN is ready to support us.

Edited by Teltaur

[/quote]

How long do you intend to throw empty threats at our Protectorate? TFE will be helped by us no matter what, there's no question there. We're not leading them on a path to destruction, that much is certain.

[/quote]

Welcome to Repsville. Population: you.

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1299556890' post='2656181']
Actually, it's really quite simple. If anybody touches our protectorate, there will be serious ramifications.[/quote]
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/Lugosi/gasp_small.jpg[/IMG]

What are you going to do? Declare war on us?
[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1299556890' post='2656181']
The fact that nearly our entire upper tier isn't actually involved in this war, and has nothing better to do then tech deal isn't really our fault.
[/quote]
If the ODN is incapable of executing a war against the Justitian Mystery, perhaps it had been better served to let well enough alone.

[quote name='Teltaur' timestamp='1299556988' post='2656189']
Yes, they have. Thanks for the concern, though, since I think we've already established our stance on the issue.[/quote]
My concern is grave, indeed. I find it dishonest at best, and distasteful all around for the ODN to court TFE into a relationship which endangers it from the very start, knowing that you would not be aware of the issue. If you feel that you now understand the implications of aiding an alliance in their unwarranted war of aggression on the Cult of Justitia, then I can only hope that you will change your mind.
And the job of a protector is also to, well, [i]protect[/i] their protectorate from direct threats. In which case, I'm more than confident ODN is ready to support us.
[/quote]
The ODN's last resort to protect you is to declare war on us, but we are already at war. The ODN can do nothing more to help you, and their large nations will not be able to reach us to assist you. The ODN knows this despite whatever false assurances they are giving you in private chambers. They are leading you and your trusting constituents astray for their personal gain without regard for the consequences of their fork-tongued whisperings.

[size="5"][b]Let me be clear[/b][/size] on this point: The Cult of Justitia has no desire to bring war on anyone that does not deserve it, or who has not brought war to us or aid and comfort to those who do. That is why we have delineated clearly to The Flood Empire in private twice that on Planet Bob, aiding an alliance at war is an act of war against the recipient's enemies. At first they thought we were lying, and now they say they understand and do not care. As we move forward in this war, we must consider that.

Edited by Schattenmann

Yes, they have. Thanks for the concern, though, since I think we've already established our stance on the issue.

[/quote]In case you haven't noticed, ODN is already at war with several alliances. Who do you think will come knocking on your door when you refuse to cease aiding our enemy? And what do you expect ODN to do, declare on us again? Or will they bomb you with aid, in which case our developed nations will easily take it for our own purposes? There is no winning situation for you in this - Except to cease aiding our enemy. I hope you can make the right choice, because as I have already expressed, I do not want to have to fight you.

Congrats and such.

[/quote]
Pro-Tip: Don't bother replying to Schattenmann. That way madness lies.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1299557913' post='2656228']
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/Lugosi/gasp_small.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Louis may not exactly be gov, but,

[quote name='Louis Balfour' timestamp='1299557819' post='2656226']
Welcome to Repsville. Population: you.
[/quote]

You want us not to do techdeals? You and your buddies are free to engage our top nations, instead of letting them sit around. But if you bring this war to TFE needlessly(I mean, hey, not like they are really aiding any nations you actually intend to fight), amongst some of your other actions this war, then the entire feeling of this war will change. I've been extremely unimpressed with your actions this war(mass messaging our applicants? Really?) and these little propaganda moves of yours have gone from quaint to annoying. Start messing with our protectorate, and there will be ramifications.

Edited by joracy

My concern is grave, indeed. I find it dishonest at best, and distasteful all around for the ODN to court TFE into a relationship which endangers it from the very start, knowing that you would not be aware of the issue. If you feel that you now understand the implications of aiding an alliance in their unwarranted war of aggression on the Cult of Justitia, then I can only hope that you will change your mind.

The ODN's last resort to protect you is to declare war on us, but we are already at war. The ODN can do nothing more to help you, and their large nations will not be able to reach us to assist you. The ODN knows this despite whatever false assurances they are giving you in private chambers. They are leading you and your trusting constituents astray for their personal gain without regard for the consequences of their fork-tongued whisperings.
[/quote]

Color me unimpressed with your alliance. If you fought half as hard as you typed your threats might actually carry some weight.

I've not been impressed with your complaining.

I've not been impressed with your threats to our applicants.

And i'm not too impressed with your threats to our protectorate.

If you think ODN and TFE gov have not discussed your threats and claims in full... then I have to wonder what sort of relationship you have with your allies. You seem to think it is the norm for one group to manipulate and hide facts from treaty partners? Your understanding of friendship seems oddly slanted.

Finally, if you wonder what else the ODN can do if you start maliciously picking on our friends... then by all means go ahead and you will see first hand.

[quote name='Max Cristof' timestamp='1299557811' post='2656225']
How long do you intend to throw empty threats at our Protectorate? TFE will be helped by us no matter what, there's no question there. We're not leading them on a path to destruction, that much is certain.
[/quote]These are not empty threats, we are only being generous with our time here because TFE is so new and they deserve a chance to make the right choice. You are leading them to destruction, and threats of demanding "reps" over what would be at this point an already more than justified war is going to do little to deter our course of action.

I know, this openness is a bit less than the traditional way global politics are done (Hiding in back rooms, jumping on people with surprise attacks, and all that shadowy covert stuff), but rest assured, this is real. You leave us with no choice, the tech deals [i]will[/i] stop, with force if necessary. It is only ODN and TFE with the power to change what is to come. Stop involving your protectorate in your war.

Edited by HeroofTime55

If the ODN is incapable of executing a war against the Justitian Mystery, perhaps it had been better served to let well enough alone.

[size="5"][b]Let me be clear[/b][/size] on this point: The Cult of Justitia has no desire to bring war on anyone that does not deserve it, or who has not brought war to us or aid and comfort to those who do. That is why we have delineated clearly to The Flood Empire in private twice that on Planet Bob, aiding an alliance at war is an act of war against the recipient's enemies. At first they thought we were lying, and now they say they understand and do not care. As we move forward in this war, we must consider that.
[/quote]

You're kidding with this stuff, right?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1299557913' post='2656228'][/quote]
Are we really resorting to fearmongering here? I'd expect such an elegant response to actually contain a little more substance than that...

I personally take it as an insult that you seem to think the Flood Empire's leadership so ignorant and incapable to even understand our own actions and the implications we may face. We have given you our stance, clearly, and if you refuse to acknowledge it then you're only fooling yourself.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299558192' post='2656234']
I hope you can make the right choice, because as I have already expressed, I do not want to have to fight you.
[/quote]
And as we have already expressed, we've made the right choice. You can keep on trying to circumvent our answer, and the answer of the ODN, or you can do exactly what you claim you want and stand down with your threats.

Edited by Teltaur

[quote name='Teltaur' timestamp='1299558760' post='2656251']
Are we really resorting to fearmongering here? I'd expect such an elegant response to actually contain a little more substance than that...

I personally take it as an insult that you seem to think the Flood Empire's leadership so ignorant and incapable to even understand our own actions and the implications we may face. We have given you our stance, clearly, and if you refuse to acknowledge it then you're only fooling yourself.

And as we have already expressed, we've made the right decision. You can keep on trying to circumvent our answer, and the answer of the ODN, or you can do exactly what you claim you want and stand down with your threats.
[/quote]

Was this post approved by the ODN government? Get back in the tech mines and do our bidding.

Edited by Twizzler

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1299541382' post='2655891']
I knew about this weeks ago. Welcome TFE.

The senate voting clause seems a little shady, imo. People shouldn't mess with other colors' senates, hopefully it won't lead to any trouble on Aqua.
[/quote]
Meh. ODN's preferred candidate on Aqua will be the CnG one (Londo). As a member of the alliance most in danger of losing their seat to this, I've got no problem with it. Londo is active enough to help us if we need it too. Our senate seat isn't all that important to us.

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1299558594' post='2656245']
You want us not to do techdeals? You and your buddies are free to engage our top nations, instead of letting them sit around. But if you bring this war to TFE needlessly(I mean, hey, not like they are really aiding any nations you actually intend to fight)[/quote]
You are being a child about this and you know it. You have brought your protectorate to this position by asking them to aid you in your war against Justitia. You can only protect them by ending that practice. If the ODN
[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1299558594' post='2656245']
, amongst some of your other actions this war, then the entire feeling of this war will change. I've been extremely unimpressed with your actions this war(mass messaging our applicants? Really?) and these little propaganda moves of yours have gone from quaint to annoying. Start messing with our protectorate, and there will be ramifications.
[/quote]
Joracy, you know very well how I fight a war against superior odds: To win, by every means available to me. This is a war of election for the Network, and the Network will know the true costs of war. If the Network does not have the will to face the challenge ahead, we can declare peace tonight.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1299559130' post='2656259']
You are being a child about this and you know it. You have brought your protectorate to this position by asking them to aid you in your war against Justitia. You can only protect them by ending that practice. If the ODN

Joracy, you know very well how I fight a war against superior odds: To win, by every means available to me. This is a war of election for the Network, and the Network will know the true costs of war. If the Network does not have the will to face the challenge ahead, we can declare peace tonight.
[/quote]

ODN wishes to surrender to the Stuperior forces of CoJ and 64digits.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299558685' post='2656248']
These are not empty threats, we are only being generous with our time here because TFE is so new and they deserve a chance to make the right choice. You are leading them to destruction, and threats of demanding "reps" over what would be at this point an already more than justified war is going to do little to deter our course of action.

I know, this openness is a bit less than the traditional way CN politics are done (Hiding in back rooms, jumping on people with surprise attacks, and all that shadowy covert stuff), but rest assured, this is real. You leave us with no choice, the tech deals [i]will[/i] stop, with force if necessary. It is only ODN and TFE with the power to change what is to come. Stop involving your protectorate in your war.
[/quote]

Your alliance has 3 nations in war mode and none of them can declare new wars to be begin with. CoJ has 9 nations in war mode and only 2 capable of declaring new wars and only one of which that has any real advantage on new nations in comparison to your typical small nation. A missed aid package or two isn't their destruction and it seems to me that you folks are the ones so keen on involving our protectorate in a war.

[quote name='Teltaur' timestamp='1299558760' post='2656251']
Are we really resorting to fearmongering here?
[/quote]
This is not fear-mongering. It is sound advice. Aiding the ODN involves you in this war. We are being beyond generous here. We're not trying to manipulate you, we just want you to stop aiding our enemy. This should be a simple matter.

[quote]And as we have already expressed, we've made the right decision. You can keep on trying to circumvent [b]our answer, and the answer of the ODN[/b], or you can do exactly what you claim you want and stand down with your threats.
[/quote]
Thank you for confirming my suspicions, that the ODN is basically instructing you on what to do.

I cannot stand down from my position. And please stop mistaking advice for threats. We have laid on the table exactly what will happen if you continue to aid our enemy. What has always happened in the entire history of this world. We simply have no choice but to stop our enemy from receiving external aid.

This is a war with ODN, and it is ridiculous that they claim we should allow them to grow. Every individual member of ODN is at war with 64Digits and the Cult of Justitia, regardless of individual engagements. War means that we are going to hurt ODN to the best of our ability, which includes stopping illicit aid transactions, by diplomacy or by force. By sending massive amounts of alliance sanctioned aid, you are participating in the war.

My offer is still on the table, all past transactions will be forgiven if you just stop. This offer is beyond generous, and I am offering it as such because you are so new and deserve a chance to make the right choice.