An agreement of peace

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1299417524' post='2654372']
No, not at all, be proud to wear that brand as I am proud to call myself a goon. But don't come here bleating on about Karma this Karma that. Embrace your evil side and be content, don't try to justify yourself by bleating on about karma yadda yadda. That is why I have responded in the fashion I did. And again relating to viceroys that is why we could never be as heinous as NPO were. because it is disallowed now. So you will always top trumped us on !@#$%baggery. And I'm jealous. I'm not trying to lay out justice, I'm just grasping the opportunity to use your side as a punch bag for fun and because it makes me laugh when I read all this, meh meh but karma this, waaaaahhhhhhhhh karma that crud is posted.
[/quote]
I embraced my "evil side" and joined NPO. Some morons cried and started a coalition called karma, where they fought to stop the NPO "oppression" that was holding back their poorly orchestrated attempts at a government, when they themselves were committing far worse acts than the NPO was. They then decided that after a year of a ridiculous amount of reps to sit back for a while and while we rose back nearly our original strength, decided that we should be dragged into another conflict simply because they were outshone by us in every way, dragged innocent alliances to the conflict costing them members, vast amounts of tech, infra, and time while driving out nations from the game stating that as their primary objective.

So feel free to call me silly to think that goons are a poor excuse at government, and that forcing reps on x alliances(I'm sure there will be more who will have to pay, though I seriously think its what is killing cn and should be stopped) and labeling you and your alliance a bandwagon jumper.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299417678' post='2654373']
so, William, what you're saying is that your alliance used to dish out a form of punishment so heinous that it was [i]banned by admin himself[/i], and yet somehow we're the bad guys.
[/quote]

[quote]The most hateful evil in the world is the evil that dresses itself in such a way that men cannot hate it. The men that make wickedness beautiful are the most utterly to be hated.

HENRY WARD BEECHER[/quote]

Goons: the lesser of two evils when in comparison to things that happened a few years ago

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1299418263' post='2654379']
I embraced my "evil side" and joined NPO. Some morons cried and started a coalition called karma, where they fought to stop the NPO "oppression" that was holding back their poorly orchestrated attempts at a government, when they themselves were committing far worse acts than the NPO was. They then decided that after a year of a ridiculous amount of reps to sit back for a while and while we rose back nearly our original strength, decided that we should be dragged into another conflict simply because they were outshone by us in every way, dragged innocent alliances to the conflict costing them members, vast amounts of tech, infra, and time while driving out nations from the game stating that as their primary objective.

So feel free to call me silly to think that goons are a poor excuse at government, and that forcing reps on x alliances(I'm sure there will be more who will have to pay, though I seriously think its what is killing cn and should be stopped) and labeling you and your alliance a bandwagon jumper.
[/quote]

Your posting style is horrible, yet totally in concert with the rest of your alliance mates. Did you plan for that to happen, or is it just coincidence that you all seem to lack the ability to converse intelligently and respectfully?

Either way, if our coalition's inevitable victory results in fewer posters of your caliber, I'll be quite content. Maybe even the 'morons' in NPO will figure out how to carry themselves in conversation without shooting themselves in the feet.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1299419833' post='2654391']
Your posting style is horrible, yet totally in concert with the rest of your alliance mates. Did you plan for that to happen, or is it just coincidence that you all seem to lack the ability to converse intelligently and respectfully?

Either way, if our coalition's inevitable victory results in fewer posters of your caliber, I'll be quite content. Maybe even the 'morons' in NPO will figure out how to carry themselves in conversation without shooting themselves in the feet.
[/quote]
As a matter of fact I did, I graduated from the NPO academy with flying colours(that's another type of school in case you were unawares)
And actually, I've found most of NPO's membership to be very adept at intellectual conversation, you'd know that if the rest of you were able to overcome your petty jealousy of our continuous success at this game. And I doubt you'll accomplish anything of the sort, quite the contrary I bet. :smug:

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1299420149' post='2654393']
As a matter of fact I did, I graduated from the NPO academy with flying colours(that's another type of school in case you were unawares)
And actually, I've found most of NPO's membership to be very adept at intellectual conversation, you'd know that if the rest of you were able to overcome your petty jealousy of our continuous success at this game. And I doubt you'll accomplish anything of the sort, quite the contrary I bet. :smug:
[/quote]

I see they've taught you to put a 'smug' smiley on the end of your posts to emphasize how NPO you are. Combining that with the tsunami of failure you're currently drowning in makes for quite a comical picture for those of us that are able to surf.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1299421516' post='2654403']
I see they've taught you to put a 'smug' smiley on the end of your posts to emphasize how NPO you are. Combining that with the tsunami of failure you're currently drowning in makes for quite a comical picture for those of us that are able to surf.
[/quote]
My own trademark, I only know of Moo's :ph34r: at the beginning of all of his posts. And I don't see any of this so called "failure" on my half, only the sharks that will swarm around you when your in the midst of the sea (I know of the irony of shark week, so don't even try to go there :lol1:). Hopefully the feast isn't too harsh, I'd like another piece when the time comes.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1299421961' post='2654409']
And I don't see any of this so called "failure" on my half
[/quote]

Yes, quite a lot of you are very adept at ignoring the inevitable.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1299418538' post='2654382']
Goons: the lesser of two evils when in comparison to things that happened a few years ago
[/quote]
The only reason you can say this is because of the hard work of people like us keeping you from a return to power. Anyone who says an NPO back on top of the food chain will do anything but return to its oppressive ways is kidding themselves. NPO hasn't given any reason for anyone to think they've changed, so his comparison is still spot on. An empowered NPO is and always will be far more oppressive than anything DH has planned.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1299419833' post='2654391']
Your posting style is horrible, yet totally in concert with the rest of your alliance mates. Did you plan for that to happen, or is it just coincidence that you all seem to lack the ability to converse intelligently and respectfully?[/quote]
Ahaha..that's incredibly hypocritical of you to say. I don't think there is a single person in GOONS who is remotely intelligent or respectful, including yourself. And I'm sure many would agree with me on that, perhaps even some of your own "allies". But by all means, go back to shooting yourself in the foot.

[quote]Either way, if our coalition's inevitable victory results in fewer posters of your caliber, I'll be quite content. Maybe even the 'morons' in NPO will figure out how to carry themselves in conversation without shooting themselves in the feet.[/quote]
You just carry on believing that sonny. Hopefully after another victory, your side will stop acting like complete morons and saddle up with some professionalism. Y'know, the way [i]politicians[/i] do things.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1299418263' post='2654379']
I embraced my "evil side" and joined NPO. Some morons cried and started a coalition called karma, where they fought to stop the NPO "oppression" that was holding back their poorly orchestrated attempts at a government, [b]when they themselves were committing far worse acts than the NPO was[/b]. They then decided that after a year of a ridiculous amount of reps to sit back for a while and while we rose back nearly our original strength, decided that we should be dragged into another conflict simply because they were outshone by us in every way, [b]dragged innocent alliances to the conflict costing them members, vast amounts of tech, infra, and time while driving out nations from the game stating that as their primary objective. [/b]

[/quote]

Did you just say that our coalition is worse than what NPO done? Really did you just say that? please post up what has been done by our side that equates to worse than your alliances history? Please really do I'm interested to see what you !@#$%^&* you manufacture.

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1299424483' post='2654425']
The only reason you can say this is because of the hard work of people like us keeping you from a return to power. Anyone who says an NPO back on top of the food chain will do anything but return to its oppressive ways is kidding themselves. NPO hasn't given any reason for anyone to think they've changed, so his comparison is still spot on. An empowered NPO is and always will be far more oppressive than anything DH has planned.
[/quote]

What makes it any better now? For those alliances not on the DOOMHOUSE side or what ever you want to call it. Any alliance not treated to the power side has to worrie about no CB attacks, deal with Tech Raids, pay REPS at what ever cost you decide , and what ever else comes up .. why?? because we cant do anything about it. Sounds a lot like how it used to be for you. Explain how it is better now then it was pre Karma, other then it is your side in control.

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1299412715' post='2654326']
Since when does posting or not posting increase said "reparations"? Freedom of speech with Karma or have you forgotten? I have seen posts that make me facepalm by both sides, this is nothing new. If you don't care, why are you trying to tack on more reparations for it? One way or the other, can't have both.

This thread is about Olympus and NAC's surrendering and that happened to include reparations. Considering there are still quite a few alliances at war with you, of course they're interested in what GOONS' view of reparations is and it is debatable since it impacts[i] their[/i] future.

From what I understand of your post is a general "might makes right, be quiet!"

Whether you like it or not, people have the choice to speak and debate points. It might not matter to[i] you [/i]but it clearly matters to others.
[/quote]

Freedom isn't free.
Might does make right, now be quiet.
-
"I'm right."
-
"No, I'm right and you are stupid."
-
"NO! You are wrong, I am right, something something personal insult, something something happened in the past."

That isn't a debate, it's a trivial minded pissing contest. Also I am sorry you don't [i]get[/i] sarcasm.

Edited by mrwuss

Oh no stop the presses, we're charging reps from defeated enemies. This clearly makes us worse than NPO, an alliance which has literally murdered other alliances. The onus was on them to convince the world of their intentions after karma, and they did not, so why should we assume they have changed? Answer: we shouldn't. But that's neither here nor there, unlike the reps NPO charged in their glory days, our reps will be reasonable, as you can clearly see in the OP. I didn't see Olympus or NAC complain in the least about their rep numbers. To the rest of you, complain all you want about how immoral we are for demanding them, I don't care. People attacked us, they lost, therefore we're charging them reps. It's that simple, the reason for their attack is irrelevant, the type of treaty they honored, while somewhat important in determining rep number, is also largely irrelevant as to why we are charging them. It's real simple, you broke it, you bought it.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1299395553' post='2654218']
It makes no difference what sort of treaty obligation an alliance used to enter this conflict, and no, people did not pile on GOONS just because they don't like you. People joined the defense because they believed it something necessary for them to do, and GOONS was the first major target because that was what made sense.

Anything else is just a thin attempt to justify punitive terms in a situation where no punishment could possibly be warranted.
[/quote]
As far as people dogpiling on us, I don't see how all the things I've read sync up. You claim that people dogpiled on us because it was "necessary" and we were the "first major target," except Roquentin posted a blog in which tons of people on your said said they never expected GOONS to surrender. So what was your plan? To attack the "first major target" that will never surrender? It was "necessary" to attack someone who will never surrender over other targets? Or was it just to lay the smack down on GOONS and destroy us as your final act? In which case, uh, kinda sounds like you're just attacking us cause you don't like us. I'm not sure I understand your battle tactic here. I think [i]someone[/i] isn't telling the truth.

As far as reps go, the only justification we need is the one Sardonic already stated publicly. We charge reps to people who attack us. It doesn't matter why or how they attacked us, just that they did. And they did. The people we just peaced with in this thread were evaluated and given terms that we considered reasonable given their circumstances. Whether you agree or disagree with the MDP vs oA entry is irrelevant as you aren't dictating the terms. It's a factor that we considered and will continue to consider when we issue terms for peace for others beyond these in this thread. You're free to disagree with that, but it's not going to change anything.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299430078' post='2654470']
Hadrian, please tell me you're not putting yourself forward as an example of professionalism
[/quote]
I'm a damn sight more professional than GOONS.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1299444149' post='2654591']
I'm a damn sight more professional than GOONS.
[/quote]
No, not really, but one day... if you really keep saying you are, maybe... just maybe, you'll realize that you'll never be.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299444609' post='2654601']
you haven't really displayed that professionalism in this thread, or any other thread I've seen, to be honest.
[/quote]
You blind?

If not, I feel sorry for you at being unable to recognise professional behaviour when it's right in front of your face.

OT: I like Olympus. Honourably paying another alliance's reps like that..admirable thing.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1299444718' post='2654602']
No, not really, but one day... if you really keep saying you are, maybe... just maybe, you'll realize that you'll never be.
[/quote]
Funny, I haven't seen an inkling of professionalism from you anywhere. But go ahead kid, keep shooting yourself and by extension your alliance, in the foot. Or in the face, whichever you prefer.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299445145' post='2654612']
Using personal insults each time you respond is totally being a professional.
[/quote]
Personal insults? I'm not aware of any personal insults I have used. Character assassination isn't my style, unlike you and the rest of Doom House.

If you're referring to my "morons" and suchlike...well now, that's just fact. :smug:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299431922' post='2654497']
Oh no stop the presses, we're charging reps from defeated enemies. This clearly makes us worse than NPO, an alliance which has literally murdered other alliances. The onus was on them to convince the world of their intentions after karma, and they did not, so why should we assume they have changed? Answer: we shouldn't. But that's neither here nor there, unlike the reps NPO charged in their glory days, our reps will be reasonable, as you can clearly see in the OP. I didn't see Olympus or NAC complain in the least about their rep numbers. To the rest of you, complain all you want about how immoral we are for demanding them, I don't care. People attacked us, they lost, therefore we're charging them reps. It's that simple, the reason for their attack is irrelevant, the type of treaty they honored, while somewhat important in determining rep number, is also largely irrelevant as to why we are charging them. It's real simple, you broke it, you bought it.
[/quote]What alliances has Pacifica murdered, out of curiosity?

And Sardy, you already said that they [i]only[/i] got light terms because of their early surrender, hell I think it was on page 1. [i]Why so backpedal?[/i]