Here we go again....

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey IRON, [s]we[/s] I missed Valentines day but still :wub:

P.S.
[quote name='scutterbug' timestamp='1297762491' post='2634315']
Well this will be interesting, a treaty that MHA members didnt even get a say on.
[/quote]

Uh, you posted in the thread at the MHA forums where we talked about this. It was a while ago, maybe you forgot.

Edited by Doug Falkner

[quote name='not adolf hitler' timestamp='1297739124' post='2633838']
Oh don't worry :), we won't be aiding anyone that MHA is in war with :)
[/quote]

Oddly enough, I'm more worried about IRON cancelling on MHA after MHA utterly burning for IRON's sake, than I am worried about MHA doing [i]one[/i] tech deal with Gramlins.

[quote name='Doug Falkner' timestamp='1297792918' post='2634523']
Hey IRON, [s]we[/s] I missed Valentines day but still :wub:

P.S.

Uh, you posted in the thread at the MHA forums where we talked about this. It was a while ago, maybe you forgot.
[/quote]

If you wanna get the facts straight, and now im sorry for this IRON but its true.

I posted against this treaty because i had my reasons. The MHA membership were not even told this treaty was happening and majority of us only found out when it got announced here by surprise. The membership also didn't get to vote on whether we actually wanted it. Cable took it upon himself to see there was maybe 20 people? In support of it so figured lets go ahead with it and bypass democracy.

But thanks for being the one to air our dirty laundry in public first faulkner in trying to call me out ;)

Edited by scutterbug

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1297793292' post='2634527']
Oddly enough, I'm more worried about IRON cancelling on MHA after MHA utterly burning for IRON's sake, than I am worried about MHA doing [i]one[/i] tech deal with Gramlins.
[/quote]
I doubt IRON canceling on MHA over aiding an opposing belligerent will be an issue because MHA would handle things more diplomatically than past alliances.

Edited by TIEIXIAIS

[quote name='scutterbug' timestamp='1297795137' post='2634545']
If you wanna get the facts straight, and now im sorry for this IRON but its true.

I posted against this treaty because i had my reasons. The MHA membership were not even told this treaty was happening and majority of us only found out when it got announced here by surprise. The membership also didn't get to vote on whether we actually wanted it. Cable took it upon himself to see there was maybe 20 people? In support of it so figured lets go ahead with it and bypass democracy.

But thanks for being the one to air our dirty laundry in public first faulkner in trying to call me out ;)
[/quote]

Scutterbug,

I wasn't calling you out nor was I airing any dirty laundry. I just think you're mistaken about there being insufficient democratic consideration of this treaty within the MHA. We did talk about this on an open forum and there was near universal agreement that this treaty was a good idea. As I've noted to you elsewhere democracy isn't just a matter of formal voting - open discussion and consensus is quite a democratic process as well. That being the case, I don't think there is any dirty laundry to air.

Oh hey MHA your sexy lets make out? Glad to see this treaty finally come about :)

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1297793292' post='2634527']
[/quote]

I still have a lot of time for MCXA but if we are both being honest our relations were no where near the level they should have been for the treaty we had. Your decision to aid Gremlins despite the fact we were fighting against them for our sovereignty and by extension existence only epitomises this. Quite frankly our treaty should have been downgraded before the Bi-Polar war but was not due to ignorance on both our parts, this is exactly why we released you from all obligation to defend us. I'm sorry about the way the treaty was cancelled but I am afraid I still believe it was the right decision.

[quote name='scutterbug' timestamp='1297795137' post='2634545']

[/quote]

Is this not an issue to discuss within your own alliance rather than disclose your private business to the entirety of Bob? I may not be a member of MHA but I feel obligated to point out you are doing MHA no favors by broadcasting and undermining your elected government in the public domain.

If this treaty is a concern for the majority of MHA's membership (which going off our recent Q&A I wouldn't believe to be the case) then I would implore you to raise your discontent via the proper channels. This is an issue for MHA to discuss not every alliance on Bob.

Edited by MCRABT

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1297797164' post='2634580']
Oh hey MHA your sexy lets make out? Glad to see this treaty finally come about :)

I still have a lot of time for MCXA but if we are both being honest our relations were no where near the level they should have been for the treaty we had. Your decision to aid Gremlins despite the fact we were fighting against them for our sovereignty and by extension existence only epitomises this. Quite frankly our treaty should have been downgraded before the Bi-Polar war but was not due to ignorance on both our parts, this is exactly why we released you from all obligation to defend us. I'm sorry about the way the treaty was cancelled but I am afraid I still believe it was the right decision.

Is this not an issue to discuss within your own alliance rather than disclose your private business to the entirety of Bob? I may not be a member of MHA but I feel obligated to point out you are doing MHA no favors by broadcasting and undermining your elected government in the public domain.

If this treaty is a concern for the majority of MHA's membership (which going off our recent Q&A I wouldn't believe to be the case) then I would implore you to raise your discontent via the proper channels. This is an issue for MHA to discuss not every alliance on Bob.
[/quote]

Its alright, i was just replying to a fellow MHAer whos fully aware of whats going on in private who decided to call me out publically. He didn't need to do it but as he did in the process dirty laundry had to be aired so he couldn't paint me like he wanted to.

Good fun when members turn on each other in public right?

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1297782737' post='2634416']
We'll ask the Trium if we can make an exception for you. ;-)

Congrats on your Nutella and Stag Party Nation… (did I do that right?)

Hey DZ. What's up?
[/quote]

Nm nm, I am kinda depressed though, we cannot fight each other again. And now that we both have nukes *sigh*
:wub:

[quote name='scutterbug' timestamp='1297798486' post='2634590']
Its alright, i was just replying to a fellow MHAer whos fully aware of whats going on in private who decided to call me out publically. He didn't need to do it but as he did in the process dirty laundry had to be aired so he couldn't paint me like he wanted to.

Good fun when members turn on each other in public right?
[/quote]

Pardon my interference but I didn't see him "call you out", he merely expressed an opinion contrary to your own and did so in a reserved manner at that. It is all beside the point, imo these types of situations are best resolved in private and whether your perceived his post to be a "call out" or not it could be best resolved in the private domain. Regardless of your own ego sometimes it is far more productive to be the bigger man and this is a situation that fits that glove perfectly :)

As for it being good fun I wouldn't know, thankfully I can't recall a situation where I have had to deal with our members arguing in public.