Silence: Consumed by Darkness

We were weak.

The membership of Silence was content to sit in quietude and passivity, lackadaisically drifting through the Cyberverse with little ambition and even less purpose. And we paid the price for our lack of vigilance.

Perhaps they sensed our vulnerability. Or - I shudder to think - manifested themselves from our own Shadows, that which we tried to repress.

Whatever the reason, and we may never know for sure, we at Silence found ourselves beset upon from all sides by agents of darkness. Creatures of the Night of all manner poured across our boarders, infiltrated our lands, and subverted our very nature from the inside out. Lycanthropes. Phantasms. Nosferatu. And acolytes of unspeakably ancient horrors from realms unknown to man.

Our membership was forced to strike an anti-Faustian bargain: We have retained our souls, and some semblance of humanity, but we must pay the Dark Ones their due.

Recognizing that my nation of Nightmerica has long since learned to reconcile the sacred and profane, our membership has selected me to represent our unholy symbiosis.

Therefore, I stand before you today as President of the Dark Nations Association to make the following declaration: We are.

[i]Let strength be granted so the world might be mended[/i]
[i]So the world might be mended[/i]

Prodigal Moon
Bringer of Nightmares
President, Dark Nations Association

[center]
[img]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/7441/dnabanner.png[/img][/center]

[u]On Who We Are[/u]
The Dark Nations Association (DNA) is composed of former members of Silence who have been compelled to seek a new, more poorly lit path.

Our Government is as follows:

President: Prodigal Moon

Representatives:
Auditore, Minister of Defense
Boxer302, Minister of Recruitment
Uberwald, Minister of Foreign Affairs
DarkTurn, Minister of Interior
Darth Snow, Minister of Trade-Technology
Remox, Minister of Education

Justice of the Court: Illuminatus

[u]On What We Are:[/u]
We are a new alliance of 49 members and roughly 1.7 mil. NS. Silence has reached a state of de-facto disbandment, and the vast majority of its members have transitioned to DNA. Our connection to that alliance is one of historic origins only.

Our Charter is for internal purposes, and I see little reason to post it in its entirety here. However, certain points will be relevant for FA purposes.
-Our government consists of a President, a group of elected Representatives, and a Court. The President is the sole executive. The Representatives voice the will of the alliance and serve as a check on Presidential power. They also fulfill Ministry duties. The Court interprets whether actions fall within our Charter, conducts elections, and prosecutes members who violate our laws.
-Members who wish to conduct war must seek the approval of the President. In theory, we could raid. In practice, I can at least promise we will never attack a peaceful nation unprovoked during my [s]eternal reign[/s] 4-month tenure.

[u]On How We Are[/u]
Independent. Unaligned. Messianic. Magnanimous. Megalomaniacal. Both amused and saddened at the absurdity of the giant game of Pachinko that's just unfolded across the treaty web.

It seems we realized a few months before most that having multiple MDP's with alliances in different power clusters is setting yourself up for disaster. I can only imagine trying to navigate Silence's relatively modest set of treaties in a conflict like this. We'd probably have ended up defending two different alliances who are both defending people on both sides of the war...which would somehow put us on like four sides of the war :psyduck:

You can write up all the non-chaining clauses you want, but it's clear that when you treaty an alliance you might as well just put your name down on the side that they are ultimately expected to support. There will almost definitely be times when we determine that it is in our best interests to voluntarily act in support of a particular side in a global war. But we've never found a side that properly represented us, and therefore will never sign a blanket MDP with an alliance that is a part of the treaty web. We're on our side, and the side of any alliance that wants to partner with us in advancing a mutually beneficial agenda. It is my sincere hope that this war will serve as a wake-up call, and this DoE as a beacon to others who are tired of being satellites to the powers that be, but have seen no other survivable role for themselves until now.

[u]On Where We Are[/u]
#dna on Colfront
[url]http://s4.zetaboards.com/DNA/index/[/url]

We welcome all visitors and will provide an embassy to any who have business with us or who are interested in discussing these ideas further, regardless of their political history. However, a Consulate thread will be the standard provision for foreign visitors. We ask that alliances please not waste our time by sending diplomats to spam and update a govt. roster out of a compulsive need to establish relations with everyone.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1296849604' post='2619460']
No Silence left to have troubles - but your friends are doing fine in DNA :awesome:
[/quote]

Then o/ DNA!

Let us know when the house warming party is, we have several crates of fine liquors for you to peruse.

Edited by Lord Panda

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1296851406' post='2619479']
If and when I ever strike out on my own to create something of my own I too would aim for a detachment from the treaty web. So I respect the stance you're taking.

Best of luck, DNA.
[/quote]
Thanks! Let us know if you end up doing that - maybe we can sign some kind of mutual raiding defense pact ;)

Glad to see you out in the open, and best wishes.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1296846568' post='2619431']
You can write up all the non-chaining clauses you want, but it's clear that when you treaty an alliance you might as well just put your name down on the side that they are ultimately expected to support.
[/quote]
Solution: Join Duckroll.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1296858555' post='2619570']
Thanks! Let us know if you end up doing that - maybe we can sign some kind of mutual raiding defense pact ;)
[/quote]

God I'm tempted.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1296869445' post='2619695']
Glad to see you out in the open, and best wishes.

Solution: Join Duckroll.
[/quote]

That's cute, take snipes at unrelated parties!