In honor of TOP

The MVP

We all know the story of BiPolar pretty well at this point. People declared, people betrayed, etc. However often what I do not see is the acknowledgment and hard work of TOP in that war. No, I am not a big fan of TOP although I admire them quite a bit. So let me cut to the chase and put aside the whole "Polaris" issue aside and look at TOP's performance in the war.

[i]Breathtaking[/i]. I have never in my stint in this game saw what they were able to do. The amount of aid provided, the amount of intel, trades, and help by them was nothing short of remarkable. People say that Polaris was doomed even if it hadn't changed sides, nuh-uh I have to disagree. TOP's evisceration of many upper ranked alliance and all around ability was just absolutely legendary and outmatched. MK, an alliance born of fire and powerful in their own right, could not compare to TOP in what I saw. When all of us ran out of money, TOP provided it to us and not only that but had a lot left over to spare. Had it not been for the incompetence of our side, TOP would've broken through and potentially changed the balance of this game single handedly.

TOP, I may not be your biggest fan, but I know what you're made of. It would have been very easy of you to just stick with your friends on the other side rather than make a stand for ours that day yet you chose not to. I will never forget your performance that war, unmatched and whatever I say here cannot do it justice. You not only made a stand, but made history as well. War was never so well executed as when you all did it.

I'm happy to say that I was a witness.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295917407' post='2597468']
[i]Breathtaking[/i]. I have never in my stint in this game saw what they were able to do. The amount of aid provided, the amount of intel, trades, and help by them was nothing short of remarkable. People say that Polaris was doomed even if it hadn't changed sides, nuh-uh I have to disagree. TOP's evisceration of many upper ranked alliance and all around ability was just absolutely legendary and outmatched. MK, an alliance born of fire and powerful in their own right, could not compare to TOP in what I saw. When all of us ran out of money, TOP provided it to us and not only that but had a lot left over to spare. Had it not been for the incompetence of our side, TOP would've broken through and potentially changed the balance of this game single handedly.

TOP, I may not be your biggest fan, but I know what you're made of. It would have been very easy of you to just stick with your friends on the other side rather than make a stand for ours that day yet you chose not to. I will never forget your performance that war, unmatched and whatever I say here cannot do it justice. You not only made a stand, but made history as well. War was never so well executed as when you all did it.

I'm happy to say that I was a witness.
[/quote]

I'll second this, they were impressive even more so these days with the improved government leadership. They were a trip in citadel thats for sure, humility will only make them stronger.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1295917878' post='2597485']
I'll second this, they were impressive even more so these days with the improved government leadership. They were a trip in citadel thats for sure, humility will only make them stronger.
[/quote]

Humility is !@#$@#$ overrated.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1295918154' post='2597493']
measured humility can be a valuable political mechanism, when combatting history.
[/quote]

If you've got a big dick and a gigantic pair of balls, let that !@#$ swing. Who gives a !@#$ who you smack in the face, they probably deserve it for not getting the $%&@ out of your way.

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1295918447' post='2597501']
If you've got a big dick and a gigantic pair of balls, let that !@#$ swing. Who gives a !@#$ who you smack in the face, they probably deserve it for not getting the $%&@ out of your way.
[/quote]

Sadly, when TOP employed that logic the last time it didnt work out for them. Perhaps you could instruct them on how better to impose this political methodology?

Yeah it was quite epic. Probably best war performance ever. I am fairly confident they would have won it if Polar didn't switch sides. Remember Polar switching sides also caused alliances like CCC, 1tf, Nueva Vida, STA, Genesis, NoR, DT to switch side. While alliances like UINE, TLW, TKTB, GLOF, ARES, TCU and Carpe diem decided to stay out of the remaining of the war after the peace. This freed up parts of SF, FOK, UmB, PC, stickmen, IAA, LOSS, Nemesis to take on the TOP side in TOP CNG.

The attack gave me a lot of problems though and forced FOK in one of the most difficult decisions in it's history. I am glad that !@#$ is over because sawing how FOK and TOP relations deteriorated caused me stress for the first time on planet BOB.

Edited by Timmehhh

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1295919074' post='2597525']
We weren't exactly known for our humility at the time Green. Didn't work out well. One of the enduring lessons of BiPolar is that stats and in-game performance will not win you a war. Cybernations is truly a political game.
[/quote]

I'll tell you this, if there was ever an alliance that could have done it was TOP.

[quote]I'm not sure why it suprised anyone to be quite honest. [/quote]

Oh trust me I knew TOP was well prepared, but how well they executed I just have never seen anything like it. It surpassed any expectation I had of them prior to the war.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1295919123' post='2597526']
I'm not sure why it suprised anyone to be quite honest.
[/quote]

Because we are just infra lovers. :P

Thanks for the compliments, I had a lot of fun in the war and wouldn't trade it for anything. We had been preparing for an armageddon scenario for a while and finally got it. I wouldn't say it was a total loss since we gained some great friends out of it!

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1295918858' post='2597517']
The attack gave me a lot of problems though and forced FOK in one of the most difficult decisions in it's history. I am glad that !@#$ is over because sawing how FOK and TOP relations deteriorated caused me stress for the first time on planet BOB.
[/quote]

TBH reading this is the first time I've personally felt regret that the FOK-TOP relationship deteriorated. Thanks.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295917407' post='2597468']
I will never forget your performance that war . . .
[/quote]

Proud to please. :ehm:

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1295919265' post='2597529']
Proud to be treatied to you guys.
[/quote]

likewise :ehm:

I think we also learned during that war that this planet is not well suited to the politically daft; a lesson we're hopefully taking to heart.

[i]* just keeping our heads down and staying out of trouble atm *[/i]
[spoiler] :ehm: [/spoiler]

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1295919123' post='2597526']
I'm not sure why it suprised anyone to be quite honest.
[/quote]

Yeah I remember quite the fuss to manage a suitable counter to them. It was dumb even if people thought they were infra huggers to think that they weren't one of the most competent alliances.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1295919074' post='2597525']
We weren't exactly known for our humility at the time Green. Didn't work out well. One of the enduring lessons of BiPolar is that stats and in-game performance will not win you a war. Cybernations is truly a political game.
[/quote]

Your only fault was in not surrounding yourselves with like minded alliances, of which there were (and still are) plenty.

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1295920151' post='2597559']
Your only fault was in not surrounding yourselves with like minded alliances, of which there were (and still are) plenty.
[/quote]

If you think that there were a lot of like minded alliances for us back in 09, then you didn't know us well back then. No one could match our Paranoiance![sup]1[/sup]

[sup]1[/sup][size="1"]Paranoiance is a unique Paradoxian blend of paranoia and arrogance.[/size]

Edited by WalkerNinja

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1295920400' post='2597574']
If you think that there were a lot of like minded alliances for us back in 09, then you didn't know us well back then. No one could match our Paranoiance![sup]1[/sup]

[sup]1[/sup][size="1"]Paranoiance is a unique Paradoxian blend of paranoia and arrogance.[/size]
[/quote]
Well for some of the oldest members it was the big war they had been expecting would one day come (although not in the way it did). There were a number who finally "beat the game" after fighting it in.

Edited by Jinnai