An Announcement from the Emperor

PHD

[quote name='zoskia' timestamp='1295431499' post='2583628']
Excellent news!

I've just read that you've joined the good fight and I'm glad to read it.

The new hegemony needs to learn a lesson.
[/quote]
We already know how to crush bad alliances dude.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering IAA is in the war already defending an ally they have a MDoAP with and none of CnG's other allies are fighting for a side in this yet, it will be interesting to see if they decide to help Pandora's Box with an oA treaty chain or help IAA who is fighting to defend an ally. Anyone allied to CnG that enters to assist PB would be doing it with an oA pact, but IAA is already fighting to honor a mutual defense pact and have a MDoAP with Greenland Republic.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295433936' post='2583645']
Considering IAA is in the war already defending an ally they have a MDoAP with and none of CnG's other allies are fighting for a side in this yet, it will be interesting to see if they decide to help Pandora's Box with an oA treaty chain or help IAA who is fighting to defend ally. Anyone allied to CnG that enters to assist PB would be doing it with an oA pact, but IAA is already fighting to honor a mutual defense pact and have a MDoAP with Greenland Republic.
[/quote]
I love how stupidly obtuse people are when it comes to the fact that this is not a defensive war for the other side. Sorry man but it's true.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295434213' post='2583648']
I love how stupidly obtuse people are when it comes to the fact that this is not a defensive war for the other side. Sorry man but it's true.
[/quote]
Some words said over IRC don't equal a DoW, which is what NpO is being accused of. They didn't declare war on anybody or attack, it was PB who decided what was said over IRC between Lennox and someone in NpO was worth starting a war over.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295433936' post='2583645']
Considering IAA is in the war already defending an ally they have a MDoAP with and none of CnG's other allies are fighting for a side in this yet, it will be interesting to see if they decide to help Pandora's Box with an oA treaty chain or help IAA who is fighting to defend an ally. Anyone allied to CnG that enters to assist PB would be doing it with an oA pact, but IAA is already fighting to honor a mutual defense pact and have a MDoAP with Greenland Republic.
[/quote]
Welcome to the world of non-chaining treaties.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295434418' post='2583650']
Some words said over IRC don't equal a DoW, which is what NpO is being accused of. They didn't declare war on anybody or attack, it was PB who decided what was said over IRC between Lennox and someone in NpO was worth starting a war over.
[/quote]
yeah man no biggie just some words over irc like what do they even mean really. what do they even mean.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295434597' post='2583651']
[/quote]
From a treaty perspective they have at least as much reason to help IAA if they want though, I'm not sure what the benefit would be to them in fighting to try furthering PB dominance, who put several allies of CnG in a position where they need to either fight PB or ignore a treaty.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295434597' post='2583651']
[/quote]
Except I don't see anything particularly non-chaining about this article from the IAA-GR MDoAP:[quote]4 - Standin up for you, standin up for me

I got your back babe. It's what we do for each other. If you/me did/does needs defenin', I/you will help. If you/me does needs to jump someones, you/me could come with and help. We clear? Capisce? Comprender?[/quote]
Not a bad effort though, Banksy.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295435217' post='2583657']
Except I don't see anything particularly non-chaining about this article from the IAA-GR MDoAP:
Not a bad effort though, Banksy.
[/quote]
All C&G alliances have a policy of treating external treaties as non-chaining.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295436118' post='2583670']
[/quote]
I find it interesting that even after MK left CnG you still seem to speak for the bloc, but in the noCB War I don't think they treated them that way. An outside treaty partner of GR got attacked and all of CnG moved in to assist, as well as NpO if I recall correctly.

Edited by Methrage

[/quote]
<Arr-nii> Banksy (Re: IAA-GR treaty): Welcome to the world of non-chaining treaties.
<Arr-nii> Me: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97320&view=findpost&p=2583657
<Arr-nii> I win.
<Locke[SOS]> inb4 "all treaties are non-chaning!"

I guess I win that one, eh? :awesome:

[quote name='terveis' timestamp='1295435636' post='2583663']There.

They attacked iFOK because of their treaty obligations, but still, they attacked.[/quote]
I'm talking about what happens if IAA gets countered, not suggesting that GR is in any way obligated to declare on iFOK.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295436118' post='2583670']All C&G alliances have a policy of treating external treaties as non-chaining.[/quote]
Don't see it in print, but I guess you can interpret it how you will. I wonder if IAA will agree with this interpretation though.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295436882' post='2583680']I find it interesting that even after MK left CnG you still seem to speak for the bloc, but in the noCB War I don't think they treated them that way. An outside treaty partner of GR got attacked and all of CnG moved in to assist, as well as NpO if I recall correctly.[/quote]
:smug:

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295436882' post='2583680']
I find it interesting that even after MK left CnG you still seem to speak for the bloc
[/quote]
I guess I just know more than you :ms:

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295436996' post='2583682']
Don't see it in print, but I guess you can interpret it how you will. I wonder if IAA will agree with this interpretation though.[/quote]
IAA can choose to agree with it if they feel like. But C&G makes its decisions together. If they want to back IAA, they will. If they don't, they wont.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295437202' post='2583688']
I guess I just know more than you :ms:

IAA can choose to agree with it if they feel like. But C&G makes its decisions together. If they want to back IAA, they will. If they don't, they wont.
[/quote]

The nitpicking, wanton speculation, and wishful thinking on display by certain individuals will change history. This couldn't have possibly been discussed between IAA and its C&G treaty partners before.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295434213' post='2583648']
[/quote]

It is also funny how you will twist the words of a treaty just to make it fit what you want it to, no matter how you look at it and even if this CB was real and not a set up, the "attack" would have been on VE and NOT on iFOK, FOK, and PC, sure you can say that those three can to the defence of VE, BUT THERE ACTIONS ARE STILL AGGRESSIVE, but you will just call me stupid and laugh even though you know its the truth.

[/quote]

and this means what ?, that GR are going to turn there back on IAA ?