The GM's Court

Executive Minister

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1300665578' post='2671572']
This would be correct.
[/quote]

I was under the impression you needed a spy roll for the obstacles that came ahead, not that a spyroll was an auto-win but you had to RP it out afterwards.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1300670118' post='2671650']
I was under the impression you needed a spy roll for the obstacles that came ahead, not that a spyroll was an auto-win but you had to RP it out afterwards.
[/quote]
I do believe we changed spyrolls to this in a poll.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1300671421' post='2671699']
Did we? I'm pretty sure this came up like only two weeks ago
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure. Some months ago, even.
Maybe my memory's playing tricks with me. I blame wine.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote]2 Spy RP rolls, 1st roll to infiltrate the Tunisia's border through an airdrop from a plane passing through the country. 2nd roll to infiltrate Tunisia's meeting with allies, by impersonating the delegation from Ottoman Republic's Islamic People. The goal of the spy op is to collect intel on Tunisia and allies' plans.[/quote]

One spy roll to get in, one spy roll to do what actually needs to be done. This would otherwise be just a single roll for both.

[quote]2 rolls,

If roll 1 succeeds, An enemy spy ring sneaks into Great Britain.

If roll 2 Also succeeds, I want a member of the spy ring to attempt to gain a position in The Ministery of Defense, that would put the spy in close contact with The Minister of Defense.

THEN (if 3 rolls are possible)

Id like to START the attempted the assassination of The Minister of Defense

FINALLY (if 4 rolls are possible)

It will determine if the Minister of Defense is Successfully assassinated.[/quote]

Again, a roll for sneaking in, gaining a position, then one assassination, then another. This would otherwise be a single roll for "sneaking in and attempted assassination".

[quote]If you wanna do that, it should go like this as your nations under seige.

Roll 1 - Get out of the Republique
Roll 2 - Get from the Republique to England undetected (alot of allied military traffic on the seas AND the airspace is closed unless its a warplane due to the war)
Roll 3 - Get into England either illegally OR Roll 3 to get faked passport details that show your NOT from an enemy state (In which case you need a roll to then get into the country using the details.

Roll 4 - Infiltrate the MOD (You wont be able to join it because I dont allow foreign nationals in my Government)

X ammount of rolls to actually get past each of the security measures, ive yet to do research on the bunker the RL Govt uses during a nuclear war exercise, So ill let you know.

Roll x - To get within killing distance of the MOD Top dogs
Roll x - Kill him before your killed
Roll x - To evacuate if your not already dead.

However you look at it, its possibly going to be 10+ rolls.
Moreover its 2 rolls max per day, so you can be waiting up to a week or more for this. IF you even get out of your Nation.

For the record, just because you win a spy roll, does not mean you will get the desired result. You need to also RP it properly for the roll to win properly, as I can just as easily counter your entire op from roll one. [/quote]

And no GM said anything against this.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1300672293' post='2671721']
Again, a roll for sneaking in, gaining a position, then one assassination, then another. This would otherwise be a single roll for "sneaking in and attempted assassination".
[/quote]

Unless faking identification, actually getting into a closed off country, etc. are all a single step the ruling as it has been interpreted recently was actually used there. The roll we only did 2 for themselves describe 4-5 actions.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1300672476' post='2671727']
Unless faking identification, actually getting into a closed off country, etc. are all a single step the ruling as it has been interpreted recently was actually used there. The roll we only did 2 for themselves describe 4-5 actions.
[/quote]

1/3 won't cut it :v:

I'd be fine with just one roll if both parties talked it out beforehand, but some folks need like 53 rolls cuz they cry about everything oocly.

I advised Mogar to speak with the target beforehand to work out a compromise and get some fun out of the rp. We'll see if that works out or not I guess.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1300673656' post='2671750']
Centurius, Sargun is right, I do declare!
[/quote]

I really don't care if I'm right or wrong, I just want some clarification as to what is actually going on. If I am right, fine - but if I am wrong, I wouldn't mind it as long as someone can point out where a legitimate decision was made by the community and codexed so it can be easily found for future reference.

I am almost 100 percent positive that we switched over from "A single roll determines the overall outcome of the spy operation" to "multiple rolls will be needed per spy operation, for individual sub 'components' of said spy operation"

That is what I inferred by saying you were right, derp. As for the link, its around here somewhere, ill try to find it later.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1300706114' post='2672124']
I am almost 100 percent positive that we switched over from "A single roll determines the overall outcome of the spy operation" to "multiple rolls will be needed per spy operation, for individual sub 'components' of said spy operation"

That is what I inferred by saying you were right, derp. As for the link, its around here somewhere, ill try to find it later.
[/quote]

I stand corrected.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1300706114' post='2672124']

[/quote]
Idon't get it. Can't you only do 2 rolls a day? Won't multiple rolls to do every tiny thing be too much.

Either way, the community definetly leans to "I don't want to be disturbed so I'll just sit around and use my IC technology to win everything" rather than "RP". Whtas the point of RP when we have tech?

Can you please define RPing for us Fizzy? I thought it standed for role playing. Role playing nations includes some ones having more advanced than others, just like real nations do. If it stands for something other than playing a role I would like to know.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1300741423' post='2672541']
Idon't get it. Can't you only do 2 rolls a day? Won't multiple rolls to do every tiny thing be too much.

Either way, the community definetly leans to "I don't want to be disturbed so I'll just sit around and use my IC technology to win everything" rather than "RP". Whtas the point of RP when we have tech?
[/quote]

God . damn. it.

Fizzy, I try my best to feel for you and stick up for you on IRC whenever I can. But I find myself having to defend you even within the confines of my own mind! YES, at one point during my stay in CNRP, I felt much like how you are feeling now. But this whining and sniveling is starting to be too much for me to simply look away from.

With this new system, one cannot simply go 'LOL I WON A ROLL!!!!!!' and do whatever they please. Now they must fully RP out the interaction with their victim's defenses, preferrably with their victim. This creates MORE RP, not less. Please, think things through before you post this drivel. For your sake and mine.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1300788307' post='2673061']
The underground rp is still on hold so rolls declined.
[/quote]
No GM has ruled on it, Im guessing its gonna be something ignored, Therefore i will continue to RP it as I see no rule broken.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1300791199' post='2673066']
No GM has ruled on it, Im guessing its gonna be something ignored, Therefore i will continue to RP it as I see no rule broken.
[/quote]

I have ruled on it and until the gm team as a whole comes with another ruling that one stays.