VE and CB Support PZI

AnCapistan

Tonight negotiations took place between the alliances of Celestial Being, the Viridian Entente and the Brotherhood of Steel.

[quote]<@MrDamsky> Welcome.
<Smooth[VE]> Hello
<WarriorConcept> Okay
<WarriorConcept> CB's terms are
<WarriorConcept> Once cycle of 3mil/100 tech deals
<WarriorConcept> With 4 of our nations
<@MrDamsky> Does VE have any terms?
<@MrDamsky> Smooth[VE]
<@MrDamsky> WarriorConcept?
<Smooth[VE]> No.
<WarriorConcept> For the war between BoS, CB, and VE, no
<@MrDamsky> Well then gentlemen, I am afraid I cannot accept those terms.
<Smooth[VE]> And why is that?
<@MrDamsky> Three reasons
<@MrDamsky> I am already at ZI and do not believe I should be punished further.
<@MrDamsky> I do not wish my rebuilding to be hampered by these techdeals.
<@MrDamsky> And lastly I refuse to contribute to CB's strength.
<WarriorConcept> Well then, come back to me when you change your mind
<@MrDamsky> Also I do not want to leave SWAT on the battlefield until I hear the terms you wish to present to him.
<WarriorConcept> Thanks for your time
* WarriorConcept (xxx) has left #negotiations (Leaving)
* Smooth[VE] (xxx) has left #negotiations[/quote]

I inflicted little damage to CB, certainly not equivalent to needing to become their tech farm for a month. Now, my nation is currently at ZI and I will not be able to rebuild until I receive peace, effectively putting me into a state of PZI.

So, VE and CB, why do you support PZI?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1294466855' post='2568285']I inflicted little damage to CB, certainly not equivalent to needing to become their tech farm for a month. Now, my nation is currently at ZI and I will not be able to rebuild until I receive peace, effectively putting me into a state of PZI.

So, VE and CB, why do you support PZI?
[/quote]
Tech deals =/= PZI. You're choosing to ignore the terms that will end up helping you rebuild. You could come back with a counter offer, instead you cry to the OWF. I expected better from you, and I can't explain why.

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1294467586' post='2568311']
Tech deals =/= PZI. You're choosing to ignore the terms that will end up helping you rebuild. You could come back with a counter offer, instead you cry to the OWF. I expected better from you, and I can't explain why.
[/quote]
Well! That's very sweet of you to be thinking about Damsky's rebuilding. See, Damsky? They have your best interests at heart.

[quote]<WarriorConcept> I'm sure he'll either come back with a counter offer
<Cornelius> he might be waiting for us to get bored and let him off so he can do tech deals with people he likes :P
<WarriorConcept> Or post on the OWF
<WarriorConcept> Haha he'll get bored before we do
<Cornelius> probably
<Cornelius> and the OWF will find him little sympathy if the terms are tech deals
<WarriorConcept> Indeed, especially since it's just 4 tech deals
<WarriorConcept> http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96812
<WarriorConcept> Lol
<WarriorConcept> I win
<WarriorConcept> :P
<Cornelius> ...
<Cornelius> I overestimated Dam
<WarriorConcept> You did
<Cornelius> I shouldn't do that :P
<WarriorConcept> We should've bet
<WarriorConcept> :P[/quote]

Like I mentioned, when you're ready to accept the terms that will ultimately help you rebuild come back to me.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1294466919' post='2568288']
Damsky, you know i support your cause but 4 freaking tech deals? do it then rebuild and start over with a new moralist
[/quote]

First I have to say I am surprised by just how often I am agreeing with wickedj lately. First it was GA, now wicked, did Bob's rotational axis shift dramatically or something.... :blink:

Anyway secondly, while I agree with wicked that it is not exactly a punishing term, and while WC and CB are compatriots, I can completely respect a refusal to accept terms other than plain simple peace all around. It may not be the wisest tactical or strategic move, but it is certainly a legitimate position one may take, on philosophical grounds. .

Thirdly however I would point out that this is not the same as PZI or EZI, since those would require that they are holding you at war forever. Further it implies that they are either refusing to offer you peace or are holding peace hostage to some degree of intentionally unacceptable (by their own or generally accepted community standards) terms. Given that these terms are not exactly draconian by anyone's standards but your own, they are not exactly holding you at war intentionally with no offer of relief.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1294467874' post='2568325']
Well! That's very sweet of you to be thinking about Damsky's rebuilding. See, Damsky? They have your best interests at heart.
[/quote]
Less his best interests, more a deal that everyone can walk away from better than where they started off the negotiations from.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1294467874' post='2568325']
[/quote]
Could be worse. We could actually sentence him to PZI, but we save that for far worse transgressions than a simple DoW. Even ZI was only an event that occurred because of the war. He chose to declare war, he's been offered terms for peace, terms that could hardly be called punitive.

[quote]<WarriorConcept> Once cycle of 3mil/100 tech deals
<WarriorConcept> With 4 of our nations[/quote]

This is by definition not PZI. It's a surrender term that you can accept. You're just refusing to do so.

Listen, Damsky. Certain things such as rogue senators, rogues, and PZI are frowned upon by the people here. That's because of what these things are and the effects they have. I understand that you want people on your side, and that the easiest way to do that is to show your enemies to be doing one of those 'no-no' activities. But you can't accuse them of doing something when they're not. [b]You can't just change the definition of an 'evil word' so that you can apply it to your situation and your enemies. That's not how it works.[/b] [/Thread]

Edited by Penkala

[quote]<@MrDamsky> I do not wish my rebuilding to be hampered by these techdeals.[/quote]

First time I've ever heard anyone's growth hampered by a tech deal. You're only keeping yourself in PZI. You inflicted a little damage, you're paying a little to make up for it.

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1294467586' post='2568311']
Tech deals =/= PZI. You're choosing to ignore the terms that will end up helping you rebuild. You could come back with a counter offer, instead you cry to the OWF.
[/quote]

They will not end up helping me to rebuild they ruin my slot efficiency. Those "deals" would only net me four million dollars. I could make more money doing my own deals and this way I won't help my enemy.

okay, i don't like VE or BoS really. but tech deals as terms and you refuse them. sorry, but i know many a rogue that would love to have 4 tech deals as their term to get out of the fact that they rogued.

hell, i know many an alliance who would have loved to have done tech deals instead of just sending out a bunch of free tech. these are basically the lightest terms i have seen except straight up white peace.

[quote name='SyndicatedINC' timestamp='1294468073' post='2568332']
First I have to say I am surprised by just how often I am agreeing with wickedj lately. First it was GA, now wicked, did Bob's rotational axis shift dramatically or something.... :blink:

Anyway secondly, while I agree with wicked that it is not exactly a punishing term, and while WC and CB are compatriots, I can completely respect a refusal to accept terms other than plain simple peace all around. It may not be the wisest tactical or strategic move, but it is certainly a legitimate position one may take, on philosophical grounds. .

Thirdly however I would point out that this is not the same as PZI or EZI, since those would require that they are holding you at war forever. Further it implies that they are either refusing to offer you peace or are holding peace hostage to some degree of intentionally unacceptable (by their own or generally accepted community standards) terms. Given that these terms are not exactly draconian by anyone's standards but your own, they are not exactly holding you at war intentionally with no offer of relief.
[/quote]

Completely agree with this post, even the second part. I've always believed people should stand up for what they believe in. If he believes he doesn't want anything but white peace, then I respect that. I may still consider it dumb, but it's his choice.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1294468235' post='2568337']
This is by definition not PZI. It's a surrender term that you can accept. You're just refusing to do so.

Listen, Damsky. Certain things such as rogue senators, rogues, and PZI are frowned upon by the people here. That's because of what these things are and the effects they have. I understand that you want people on your side, and that the easiest way to do that is to show your enemies to be doing one of those 'no-no' activities. But you can't accuse them of doing something when they're not. [b]You can't just change the definition of an 'evil word' so that you can apply it to your situation and your enemies. That's not how it works.[/b] [/Thread]
[/quote]

i have to agree with Penkala. i am a sad Doch. thanks a lot Damsky for making me have to agree with Penkala. :(

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1294468258' post='2568339']
They will not end up helping me to rebuild they ruin my slot efficiency. Those "deals" would only net me four million dollars. I could make more money doing my own deals and this way I won't help my enemy.
[/quote]

You're ruining your own slot efficiency by outright refusing tech deals. Personally, I think the terms are too generous. You'd probably just troll and refuse to pay tech in a timely manner, wasting some people's aid slots.

[color="#0000FF"]VE has never had the balls to just come out and openly PZI people. Instead they prefer to offer completely absurd and overly harsh terms [i]knowing[/i] that the individual in question will not accept. That way, when they get called on the practice, they can claim to have given the individual a "chance at peace" when in reality they knew the terms would not be accepted. But that doesn't matter, as VE's justification is usually enough to satisfy most bystanders. Not me, however. I see right through you VE. You are quite transparent. It is extremely clear what is going on here. The truth is visible to all who wish to see it, because VE is quite transparent, and anyone who wishes to can see right through them.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1294469016' post='2568362']
[color="#0000FF"]VE has never had the balls to just come out and openly PZI people. Instead they prefer to offer completely absurd and overly harsh terms [i]knowing[/i] that the individual in question will not accept. That way, when they get called on the practice, they can claim to have given the individual a "chance at peace" when in reality they knew the terms would not be accepted. But that doesn't matter, as VE's justification is usually enough to satisfy most bystanders. Not me, however. I see right through you VE. You are quite transparent. It is extremely clear what is going on here. The truth is visible to all who wish to see it, because VE is quite transparent, and anyone who wishes to can see right through them.[/color]
[/quote]

How transparent did you say VE was again? I must have missed that part... mind repeating it for an old friend?

[quote]You're ruining your own slot efficiency by outright refusing tech deals.[/quote]

Get out of here with your logic.

Edited by Penkala

[/quote]
Oh my god you got us! Tech deals are such awful terms! We should have him pay the tech in reps without giving him compensation. That would be acceptable, right?

[/quote]

I am confused, the tech deal terms are from CB, not VE. I think I missed something.... :unsure:

[quote name='SyndicatedINC' timestamp='1294468073' post='2568332']
First I have to say I am surprised by just how often I am agreeing with wickedj lately.
[/quote]
I have experienced the same thing, and it's troubling to say the least.

There's a distinction you're missing here, Damsky. There's a difference between supporting PZI in a general sense, which I certainly do not and I doubt the parties you accuse do, and supporting the PZI of [i]you[/i]. I know which side of the distinction I'm on :)