Imperial AcTi Announcement

Batallion

Bat, you're acting like Frederick or whatever his name was, the guy from The German Empire, who set up a bunch of crappy alliances to make his sphere of influence look so grand. It failed and this will fail too. Having tiny puppets will only add more frustration and work for the little time that is available. You should concentrate on growing and building AcTi.

The comments are quite wacky in this thread. The intention of this bloc is to have a formal document for our protectorates. We've had protectorates for months now, there was no problem then and there should be no problem now. Also, on the subject of no allies, go look at alliances like Ubercon, AGW Overlords, GPA, TDO, GOP, Knights of Ni!, etc. I don't understand what the problem is, and also we actually do indeed have an ally, namely our ODP partners in The Conclave. We'll play the game however we damn well want to play the game, it's our right and no one will take that from us.

I also find it funny some of you say that AcTi can't protect itself when it took four alliances of Sirius to actually manage to do some damage. Classic.

Lastly I'd like to say that I was under the impression that the special wording of the protectorate bloc was a new idea, not the protectorate bloc idea itself, obviously. I was a former signatory of OPP, lol.

Grudges: the oldest form of ignorance.

They are apparent in these replies.

Edit: To re-iterate Bat's point, Sirius did 8% damage to AcTi. They weren't curbstomped at all, they just shed the disloyal (who left the alliance).

Edited by Teddyyo

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1293137685' post='2551889']
Grudges: the oldest form of ignorance.

They are apparent in these replies.

Edit: To re-iterate Bat's point, Sirius did 8% damage to AcTi. They weren't curbstomped at all, they just shed the disloyal (who left the alliance).
[/quote]

The war only lasted long enough for 3 rounds of attacks to take place...8% is fairly decent. If it had lasted any longer, it would have been much worse. Much, much worse.

Good luck with the protectorate bloc, though.

Edited by Cao Pai

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1293138258' post='2551899']
The war only lasted long enough for 3 rounds of attacks to take place...8% is fairly decent. If it had lasted any longer, it would have been much worse. Much, much worse.

Good luck with the protectorate bloc, though.
[/quote]
lolcrappyspeculation

Infra is lost [i]very[/i] quickly from an unmilitarized nation (almost all of AcTi at the time of the war)

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1293138510' post='2551904']
lolcrappyspeculation

Infra is lost [i]very[/i] quickly from an unmilitarized nation (almost all of AcTi at the time of the war)
[/quote]

And...?

They didn't have the money to BECOME militarized...so infra would have continued to be lost [i]very[/i] quickly....hence the claim that the longer it went on, the worse for AcTi it would have been.

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1293138911' post='2551914']
And...?

They didn't have the money to BECOME militarized...so infra would have continued to be lost [i]very[/i] quickly....hence the claim that the longer it went on, the worse for AcTi it would have been.
[/quote]
Proof or it didn't happen. When I left AcTi I had a $700mil warchest.

RV, go to hell :P

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1293139009' post='2551918']
Proof or it didn't happen. When I left AcTi I had a $700mil warchest.

RV, go to hell :P
[/quote]

Proof or it didn't happen.

Both of the nations I fought had below 5mil in their warchest, with similar claims from everyone I heard. There were a couple that had decent warchests, but not many.

Let's not ruin this thread.

Edited by Cao Pai

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1293139168' post='2551922']
Proof or it didn't happen.

Both of the nations I fought had below 5mil in their warchest, with similar claims from everyone I heard. There were a couple that had decent warchests, but not many.

Let's not ruin this thread.
[/quote]
There are bad apples on every tree, and I suspect many claims were simply propaganda.

[OOC]I can't log on to CN as I am on a public network, so I can't get a screenshot, though feel free to try to spy on me. I just passed $1b (now .mil is gonna kill me :P)[/OOC]

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293132259' post='2551816']
Bat, you're acting like Frederick or whatever his name was, the guy from The German Empire, who set up a bunch of crappy alliances to make his sphere of influence look so grand. It failed and this will fail too. Having tiny puppets will only add more frustration and work for the little time that is available. You should concentrate on growing and building AcTi.
[/quote]
That wasn't the point of it you peasant. The idea was simply trying to increase the interest and numbers of nations of that era since he studies it and finds it interesting. However, the members of the nobility understand that simple peasants can not understand much and always resort to silly stories.

[quote name='Franz Joseph I' timestamp='1293297827' post='2553634']
That wasn't the point of it you peasant. The idea was simply trying to increase the interest and numbers of nations of that era since he studies it and finds it interesting. However, the members of the nobility understand that simple peasants can not understand much and always resort to silly stories.
[/quote]
Whatever.

I recall an announcement with a bunch of flags for some sort of bloc. It looked awesome, then most of the "alliances" in it were less than a handful of nations. The Great Britain alliance, the guy that was supposed to be the puppet seemed to not even know he was supposed to be on the AA. The entire thing was a complete farce and failure you arrogant, pompous, self proclaimed noble.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293298558' post='2553639']
Whatever.

I recall an announcement with a bunch of flags for some sort of bloc. It looked awesome, then most of the "alliances" in it were less than a handful of nations. The Great Britain alliance, the guy that was supposed to be the puppet seemed to not even know he was supposed to be on the AA. The entire thing was a complete farce and failure you arrogant, pompous, self proclaimed noble.
[/quote]
I found a universal translator that works on Fernando. Here it goes:
Herp derp derp derpaderp. Derp herp derpaderp. Alliance derp derp.[/quote]
I am not surprised.

PS: This is about AcTi. Not about Alliance bloc X, nor you, nor Franz.

Whatever.

[/quote]
It was awesome, cause it was original. Regardless of how big something is, you need to start it somehow. He started the German Empire being the sole nation, so starting by himself was not an issue. Go back to your 'Republican' nation.

Also, congrats to AcTi on this event.