iCF DoE

Warden

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1292554283' post='2541424']
Why exactly?

Did they by any means have a contract to stay with NATO, or do you just expect them to guilt themselves into believing that they have an obligation to stay? Being imprisoned by guilt or obligation does nobody any favors, the member feel imprisoned, and as a result they give the alliance less then their absolute best, if they just aren't feeling right, its best that they move on and allow people who will excel in those positions to ascend.

If they felt that it was time to move on, by all means they have every right to do so, at the end of the day we've got to look out for our own interests because odds are, nobody else will.
[/quote]
We actually have specific text in our charter to deal with exactly this eventuality, and it deals with minister replacement, not with how thick the chains should be in order to hold them to their desks. We're sad to see them go, but you're right that there's little point in holding them back if their hearts aren't in the job.

The timing is awkward but this is how it worked out, and I wish them nothing but the best. Personally, my only requirement of them is that they validate their departure through success.

[quote name='Njero' timestamp='1292559211' post='2541503']
We actually have specific text in our charter to deal with exactly this eventuality, and it deals with minister replacement, not with how thick the chains should be in order to hold them to their desks. We're sad to see them go, but you're right that there's little point in holding them back if their hearts aren't in the job.

The timing is awkward but this is how it worked out, and I wish them nothing but the best. Personally, my only requirement of them is that they validate their departure through success.
[/quote]
Very classy NATO. Thanks for your support and well wishes towards iCF, they deserve all the best.

[quote name='Warden' timestamp='1292534975' post='2541116']
1.3.9 Members have the right to be free of all taxes unless the Charlie Foxtrot alliance is forced to pay Reparations as part of peace terms from a war.
[/quote]

Tax free? Mick, you agreed to this? What happened to your principles? Good luck fellas.

[quote name='Njero' timestamp='1292553878' post='2541416']
Apparently some of our friends are mad at you. I just love your OP.

Best of luck guys.

Love you Mick, and I'll miss all our bromosexual fights in comms.
Hog, you are one of the best leaders NATO has ever had, and are in my Trinity of MoDs.
Warden, thanks for taking up the Justice reigns when RL called me away from active duty. Wish I'd run against you in the elections so you could say you'd beat me. :)

Take care, and I'm glad to see you got yourselves a quality protector.
[/quote]

LUMBERJACK!!!

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1292554283' post='2541424']
Why exactly?

Did they by any means have a contract to stay with NATO, or do you just expect them to guilt themselves into believing that they have an obligation to stay? Being imprisoned by guilt or obligation does nobody any favors, the member feel imprisoned, and as a result they give the alliance less then their absolute best, if they just aren't feeling right, its best that they move on and allow people who will excel in those positions to ascend.

If they felt that it was time to move on, by all means they have every right to do so, at the end of the day we've got to look out for our own interests because odds are, nobody else will.
[/quote]
Sure, they have a right to leave at anytime. But there's a way to do it that doesn't leave the alliance that you left scrambling to fill a hole. They could have given their colleagues a heads up so they could make plans for the transition. Hell, they could have even waited until after NATO's elections ended and new successors had been picked.

Sure, they're not required to do anything, these positions are all volunteer, but if they wanted to do the mature and classy thing, they would have given NATO some warning so they didn't wake up to a government with two holes in government.

[quote name='dev0win' timestamp='1292554776' post='2541432']
DK of all people should understand the right to resign from an elected position :awesome:

Good luck guys. Nice name by the way ;) o/
[/quote]
What you are failing to grasp is that when I stepped down from Senate, I told people a couple weeks before and didn't actually leave my office until a new Senator had been elected to fill the spot. But perhaps the difference is beyond you. It's the difference between giving your place of work two weeks notice that you're quitting and just calling in one day and saying you're not coming back.

But anyway, it's not my fight and if NATO's fine with it, I'm fine with it. Disappointed that the individuals didn't conduct each other better, but I'm getting used to that happening.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1292606600' post='2541881']
Sure, they have a right to leave at anytime. But there's a way to do it that doesn't leave the alliance that you left scrambling to fill a hole. They could have given their colleagues a heads up so they could make plans for the transition. Hell, they could have even waited until after NATO's elections ended and new successors had been picked.

Sure, they're not required to do anything, these positions are all volunteer, but if they wanted to do the mature and classy thing, they would have given NATO some warning so they didn't wake up to a government with two holes in government.

What you are failing to grasp is that when I stepped down from Senate, I told people a couple weeks before and didn't actually leave my office until a new Senator had been elected to fill the spot. But perhaps the difference is beyond you. It's the difference between giving your place of work two weeks notice that you're quitting and just calling in one day and saying you're not coming back.

But anyway, it's not my fight and if NATO's fine with it, I'm fine with it. Disappointed that the individuals didn't conduct each other better, but I'm getting used to that happening.
[/quote]

DK, as you should know this is a [size="4"][u][i][b]game[/b][/i][/u][/size]..people play the game as they choose... there are no hard feelings as far as i see and if there was or is a problem it will be handled privately

[quote name='Njero' timestamp='1292553878' post='2541416']
Apparently some of our friends are mad at you. I just love your OP.

Best of luck guys.

Love you Mick, and I'll miss all our bromosexual fights in comms.
Hog, you are one of the best leaders NATO has ever had, and are in my Trinity of MoDs.
Warden, thanks for taking up the Justice reigns when RL called me away from active duty. Wish I'd run against you in the elections so you could say you'd beat me. :)

Take care, and I'm glad to see you got yourselves a quality protector.
[/quote]

No problem Njero, I'm glad to be of help! Wish you and NATO best of luck!

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1292590977' post='2541783']
This is full of win. NATO is not angry, iCF is happy, RoK is protecting them. There is something about the words Protectorate, NATO, RoK, that rings a bell.
[/quote]

Perceus Likes this ^

[/quote]

I can confirm this reality. We were well aware of DK's intentions and the term was served out of obligation.

I don't know what happened here but it isn't surprising, and I'm glad that RoK and NATO can be friends about it.

[quote name='Hogosha' timestamp='1292790577' post='2544797']
The i is for Isis, who died when her canopic jar was damaged.
[/quote]

I heard different - my highly placed sources tell me it could stand for any of the following:

imparidigitate
indumentum
infundibuliform
innominate
inspissate
intempestive

and/or

interciliary

Only time will tell which of these will stick. Best of luck with the new venture, guys - sometimes you've gotta stretch your legs a little. Just know that the door is always open if things don't work out. Don't be a stranger!

the "i" in iCF stands for I like me. Think about the iPhone. It adds belonging and perhaps personal ownership to the entity. iCF is MY CharlieFoxtrot if I decide to invest and make it my home =). See makes good sense :smug:. Or atleast a little...

[/quote]
Well I am so very glad that you are so responsible. Unfortunately we never paid these guys, so they don't owe us nearly as much as your employer(poor soul) owes you. And second, your right its not your business so why did you bring it up in the first place? :wub:

[quote name='dev0win' timestamp='1292825882' post='2546009']Well I am so very glad that you are so responsible. Unfortunately we never paid these guys, so they don't owe us nearly as much as your employer(poor soul) owes you. And second, your right its not your business so why did you bring it up in the first place? :wub:
[/quote]
Because I care about NATO and I know from experience that having government members leave during term without any warning can really hurt an alliance. I'm not really sure you're making an issue of someone expressing concern for your alliance. I'm sorry I care enough about your alliance to express displeasure at something that I think is damaging to my allies.

As for the i, my guess would be "international."