[CNRP] Locked Nations

Centurius

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be traveling back in time to an era without internet (aka present-day rural Washington), requesting a lock from Friday evening through Sunday evening. If the GP/German war finally gets going, my response will have to wait until I get back.

Thanks!

Edited by iKrolm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1331507511' post='2936993']
May I say that locking till the end of March preserves you not from inactivity?
[/quote]

This is true, inactivity keeps counting when locked. What is additional in the case of supercheese is that Sarah messaged him about war prior to the lock request.

Ah but was it just a message about holding a war or actually going to war? If it was the former then he can still have a lock as he isn't actually at war, though I will admit if that is why he is locking it is cheap, whereas, if it is the later then he can't lock due to being at war. As long as he wasn't at war at the time he requested a lock then he hasn't broken any rules.

Well my issue with it is that we can't just declare war now, given the pre-plan rules; you have to message them before you land soldiers or do anything hostile. If that rule was not the case then I would have simply landed troops yesterday when I made the following post.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=109565&view=findpost&p=2936706

As I am in position now to assault Havana.

At least I thought that's how it would work now.

Because we require a message now before you go to the war, that would be an obvious loophole Kevin. This is the previous rule: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95653&view=findpost&p=2632349

Back then you could just make the IC action. Now we request you send a PM. Obviously this should not be abused to do an immediate lock though, that would be a defacto peacemode. Therefore its our view that its functionally the same thing when you send the PM.

Hmm defiantly see both of your points and it seems likely that Supercheese is indeed locking to avoid fighting a war however, I suggest giving him 24 hours at max to explain why he is locking his nation incase he has a valid reason for needing the lock. If he doesn't reply by then or give an good reason for the lock then I would say ignore it and continue on. After all I am sure you can wait a day right Sarah? As even if you did post going to war you would have to wait longer than that before doing anything else anyway.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1331509483' post='2937008']
Hmm defiantly see both of your points and it seems likely that Supercheese is indeed locking to avoid fighting a war however, I suggest giving him 24 hours at max to explain why he is locking his nation incase he has a valid reason for needing the lock. If he doesn't reply by then or give an good reason for the lock then I would say ignore it and continue on. After all I am sure you can wait a day right Sarah? As even if you did post going to war you would have to wait longer than that before doing anything else anyway.
[/quote]

Of course, the preplan rules stick. Two reasonable attempts with a proper timeframe need to be given.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1331509483' post='2937008']
Hmm defiantly see both of your points and it seems likely that Supercheese is indeed locking to avoid fighting a war however, I suggest giving him 24 hours at max to explain why he is locking his nation incase he has a valid reason for needing the lock.[/quote]

He explained in a personal message to Sarah why he was locking his nation, technically, given the fact that Sarah was serving him an intent to war notice, and then he decided to lock up, appears to be fishy. That being said, I feel as though there is enough probable cause to allow for Sarah's roleplay to continue, and given that a whole nation is not at stake, and Sarah's plans are rather very specific, I feel that I can put my stamp of tentative approval on this.

That is my preliminary finding at this moment, and is subject to change.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1331533131' post='2937126']
How long has this nation been inactive, anyway? Don't want to say what I'm thinking and end up looking a fool if I'm wrong.
[/quote]

Pretty long so you're basically free to say what I think you're thinking.