BLACKSTONE CHRONICLE

PotFace

[center][img]http://www.blackstonecommission.com/bcomseal.png[/img][/center]
[center][size="5"][b]Blackstone Commission Press Conference / Chronicle Release[/b][/size][/center]

Salutations, CyberNations!!

I'd like to present you with the Blackstone Commission's final release of its monthly newsletter - which had gone AWOL since September. This release is a page shorter than usual, due to time allocations that simply would not allow for a fourth page. Nonetheless I do hope that you enjoy it. Additionally, this is also a press-conference where you can ask any questions that you'd like answers to. So, without further adieu, here it is.....

[center][img]http://www.blackstonecommission.com/page1.png[/img]

[img]http://www.blackstonecommission.com/page2.png[/img]

[img]http://www.blackstonecommission.com/page3.png[/img][/center]

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1291589764' post='2531291']
SO I HEARD THERE'S A BLACKSTONE CHRONICLE IN HERE?

In all seriousness, not a bad read, your all-caps title was slightly jarring though.
[/quote]

You know, that had crossed my mind, but I thought it was just me. Henceforth, let there be no more all-caps titles in any future issue of the Chronicle.

Pot, I wish you well. It's good that you are finally back and can devote your time to BCOM. I know that your absence of leadership has caused a stand still, but with your return and passion for your creation, I believe you can and will succeed.

You've opened the thread for questions and discussion, so I tried to think of what I could ask but I believe you've outlined your plan thoroughly in the Chronicle. Good luck to you my friend.

[quote name='Zhaan' timestamp='1291599754' post='2531440']
Pot, I wish you well. It's good that you are finally back and can devote your time to BCOM. I know that your absence of leadership has caused a stand still, but with your return and passion for your creation, I believe you can and will succeed.

You've opened the thread for questions and discussion, so I tried to think of what I could ask but I believe you've outlined your plan thoroughly in the Chronicle. Good luck to you my friend.
[/quote]

Right back at ya - as I've outlined, we're looking to place ourselves around others that are also looking for rapid growth. I apologize for your embassy getting caught up in the board changes that we've made - the invitation is still on the table to have it reopened - I just need someone to come and fill out another app so that I'll know what information to put down.

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1291767436' post='2533341']
You guys are still around? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Asgaard is still around? Oh, snap.

That is a sexy newsletter PotFace. Good luck with regenerating the Commission to new heights my friend.

[quote name='DarkEra97' timestamp='1291715501' post='2532834']
No questions here, but I would like to say that your graphics are most excellent.
[/quote]
Thank you very much - it's one of those things that we're hoping will help to turn things around for us.

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1291767436' post='2533341']
You guys are still around? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Yes, we're still here. Things are rough, but we have heart.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1291769631' post='2533373']
Isn't that the same flag those idiots in the Blackstone Collusion used? Are you all related to them?
[/quote]
Same exact people I'm pretty sure. Should have stayed dead.

The newsletters are flashy and look very professional, that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1291769631' post='2533373']
Isn't that the same flag those idiots in the Blackstone Collusion used? Are you all related to them?
[/quote]
[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1291770051' post='2533380']
Same exact people I'm pretty sure. Should have stayed dead.

The newsletters are flashy and look very professional, that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.
[/quote]
It did stay dead. Thanks to us. There's actually a story behind the formation of the Commission in response to an attempted formation of the Collusion. We boast the similar graphics (courtesy of yours truly), and share the "Blackstone" name, but those are your only relations. And Azaghul, I can certainly understand your lack of finding anything positive about the newsletters - after reading them, it becomes clear that they're saturated with negativity.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1291772728' post='2533416']
Aww, I missed it when you were our protectorate under Brown, and when you guys were doing much better. Sad to see you move and struggle, but good to know you're okay.
[/quote]
Well, we were struggling to find some operational normalization on brown as well.

[quote name='Synesi' timestamp='1291778383' post='2533487']
Loving the embassy badges.

You spelled Shadeslayers' name wrong :P He will be heartbroken!
[/quote]

Thank you very much - of course, the portfolio will grow in due time.

[quote name='Synesi' timestamp='1291781530' post='2533535']
I would be interested to hear about that story, CN wiki and old posts only go so far ;)
[/quote]

Sure.

It's all about art. Art is something that I take very seriously. During the pre-Karma era Blackstone Collusion days, I made all of the Collusion's graphics, and served on a council of 5 senior leaders, who called themselves "VIPs". Needless to say, the Collusion turned out to be not only a catastrophic failure as far as a spy alliance goes, but a total embarrassment that reflected on my art. I mean, some out there credit the Collusion for sparking the Karma War, but as far as any kind of a reputation goes, I didn't want my art associated with with them anymore. When they closed up shop, it was a relief.

Fast-forward ~a year. Some of the ex-VIPs discussed reforming the Collusion, dissatisfied at the outcome of the Karma War. They still had all of my art that I had made for them. Rather than allowing those morons to fly my art once again, I, along with someone who left IRON at the time, founded the Blackstone Commission before they had a chance. In a sense, we "beat them to the punch". They knew that if they proceeded in their plans, they'd look even more foolish than they otherwise would have.

Long story short? They didn't deserve to have a flag - so we took it from them.