This is What You've All Been Waiting For

Rebounder

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1290774998' post='2523788']
I'll grant you that NSO was smart in not getting allies involved, but the stupidity of what caused NSO to get rolled far out weighs this "courage" you speak of.

I had nothing to do with anything during the NSO/RoK war. Your boy Heft got you into the mess. To begin your recovery, you guys need to actually look at yourselves and see what you have done wrong. Blaming me and others will keep you guys where you are. Bleeding membership and cycling through Emperors.
[/quote]

I agree that the NSO/RoK war was huge freaking mess, but I think he was talking about that thread you posted a couple of months ago.

I can't remember what it was about and I can be bothered looking for it.

Edited by kevin32891

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1290774998' post='2523788']
I'll grant you that NSO was smart in not getting allies involved, but the stupidity of what caused NSO to get rolled far out weighs this "courage" you speak of.

I had nothing to do with anything during the NSO/RoK war. Your boy Heft got you into the mess. To begin your recovery, you guys need to actually look at yourselves and see what you have done wrong. Blaming me and others will keep you guys where you are. Bleeding membership and cycling through Emperors.
[/quote]

Oh I was simply saying that you gave us bad PR from it from all of your bad hayden-christenson days of posting :P. Outing Dopp didn't exactly help either.

But as with all CBless wars, typically there's retribution later in the form of what people call 'comeuppance' or 'karma', so i'm not really worried.

[quote name='Margrave' timestamp='1290756478' post='2523707']
Oh look at the pretty, jaded little sophisticates pissin' on the one-man reformist. Bravissimo to your mediocre "we're tew kewl fer skewl" performance; It's not like I haven't seen you come and go like the garbage coming in and going out with the tide. Please, by all means attack those who act upon their convictions; it's one of the reasons why it took so long for anybody to DO SOMETHING about "The Hegemony". To all those whose courage relies upon the numbers they have at their sides and the ease of the mission before them, and yet will dismiss and spit upon a man who acts from their conviction because it's "Impossible":

You have forgotten. In some of you, this is excusable, especially those who weren't yet with us. But to you older ones reading my words, hear me:

There was another man standing in this spot once; declaring to the world his conviction and his defiance....He faced not only the power of an alliance, but of a Bloc; one which could easily have removed him and his "AA"-less nation from the face of the earth. To the doubters he merely shook his head, to his supporters he explained it was simply something that needed to be done. He was a hero of the Cyberverse, one whose name still remains honored in the Hall of Heroes....Ivanelterrible. His enemy? Kris Kaos, GATO, and all of what would become AEGIS. His intent? To remove Kaos from any position of power, and defeat his enemies with honor and skill.

Kaos would go on to be deleted after a long struggle with Ivan. GATO would cede the fight later on, giving the excuse that "There is no reason to defend a nation that no longer exists." And Ivan...Ivan was commemorated, celebrated, and remembered from that time to this as a Hero of Bob.

Remember that, even with as many "Rogues" announce one-man wars, respect their conviction and honor their courage; who knows when the next great man will step out from among the nations and be proclaimed Hero of CN?
[/quote]
This man is no Ivanelterrible. Yes, one man stands can and have accomplished their goal, but for every one who wins, there are 10 who accomplish nothing. People like Ivanelterrible, RV, and Opethian can pull off the one man thing, but simply having convictions isn't enough to assure victory. I'll bet you right now, 3mil/50tech, that this man accomplishes nothing towards making MK surrender or "change their ways."

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1290783856' post='2523807']
Our history is littered with single individuals who went rogue and did in fact cause major upheavals, Ivanelterrible was but one (the greatest of them) Whether this chap pulls off something great will be determined in time, but people should at least recognize his efforts rather than resort to slander.
[/quote]
See above.

I like some of your sentiments (your assessment of the MHA and Sparta) and I dislike some of your sentiments (your flawed characterisation of the NSO), but what put me off joining you most was your target. MK, as much as I dislike the attitudes and immaturity of many of their members, cannot be blamed for not doing anything. Their mass dumping of their treaties may have been crude and uncouth, but at least it was something. Their constant obsession with the NPO may be tiresome and unoriginal, but at least it is something.

There are many alliances who do nothing but follow, and whom contribute much more to a stagnant environment than your current target. ODN, for instance, are currently following MK around the treaty web like lost puppies (and whose members even go so far as to copy their masters' posting style just to fit in with them - hello Kalasin) and historically have had no discernible ideology other than mere survival. Why not pick on them?

I am in need of further convincing if I am to join you in your quest for a better world.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Professor Chaos' timestamp='1290766048' post='2523758']
Out of curiosity (I'm interested in watching you try to formulate an answer), what is it you're fighting for? Is it because we're big and bad and therefore must be stopped? Is it that we're powerful but not starting enough wars, and you're bored? I'm genuinely confused. I can't tell if you're 1) a freedom fighter trying to overthrow the oppressive regime or 2) you're just a third grader with a magnifying glass trying to kill something because you've got nothing better to do.
[/quote]

Oh dear, it seems you've caught me red-handed. You see, I have simply rebelled against CN power structures for almost the entirety of my existence; it's all I know how to do. I've done it with Vox and several other "oppressed" alliances, and I am not at all content to have fought for a world that is [i]absolutely identical[/i] to the old one.

We have a [b]constant[/b] obsession with NPO? I don't understand where that is coming from, but I'll move on to the real topic at hand here.

Please don't attack MK, we can't handle all of your ns, it will just destroy us.

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' timestamp='1290777218' post='2523792']
Yes, it is your fault.

It's pretty clear that you were quitting anyway, so you should not be surprised that nobody stands beside you.

People like you are part of the problem.
[/quote]

You, sir, are laughable. Do you really think I'll only take this fight to ZI, and simply stop there? You're funny.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1290798631' post='2523924']
I like some of your sentiments (your assessment of the MHA and Sparta) and I dislike some of your sentiments (your flawed characterisation of the NSO), but what put me off joining you most was your target. MK, as much as I dislike the attitudes and immaturity of many of their members, cannot be blamed for not doing anything. Their mass dumping of their treaties may have been crude and uncouth, but at least it was something. Their constant obsession with the NPO may be tiresome and unoriginal, but at least it is something.

There are many alliances who do nothing but follow, and whom contribute much more to a stagnant environment than your current target. ODN, for instance, are currently following MK around the treaty web like lost puppies (and whose members even go so far as to copy their masters' posting style just to fit in with them - hello Kalasin) and historically have had no discernible ideology other than mere survival. Why not pick on them?

I am in need of further convincing if I am to join you in your quest for a better world.
[/quote]

To clarify, the Reformation is not simply against MK; it is against the standing power structure as it exists now. If you feel a different alliance is the root of the structure, feel free to join and attack that alliance. We are not an alliance; there are no formal rules or orders to follow.

[quote name='Craig' timestamp='1290799345' post='2523938']
We have a [b]constant[/b] obsession with NPO? I don't understand where that is coming from, but I'll move on to the real topic at hand here.

Please don't attack MK, we can't handle all of your ns, it will just destroy us.
[/quote]

I see your sarcasm and raise you a 5-1 battle report record so far, and two out of three nations I'm fighting, including one in a defensive war, are in Anarchy.

Also, I love the quote in your sig. You should read it again.

Edited by Rebounder

Amazingly, I wasn't waiting for this and I could care less.

Have fun.

Also I love how you accuse MK of doing nothing while you have previously sat in an alliance that hasn't done a damn thing since it's founding. Watch out man, your hypocrisy is showing.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1290799776' post='2523946']
Also I love how you accuse MK of doing nothing while you have previously sat in an alliance that hasn't done a damn thing since it's founding. Watch out man, your hypocrisy is showing.
[/quote]

Okay, this is just hilarious.

I guess I'm still doing nothing right now? Well, I must be doing something, for, as you see, MK has taken notice.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1290787277' post='2523827']
Does this mean we've earned ourselves another CN accolade? I think "The Most Deplorable Alliance in CN" has a nice ring to it.
[/quote]

Not so fast, kind sir, that honourble distinction goes to the New Pacific Order!
:lol1:

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1290799444' post='2523940']
To clarify, the Reformation is not simply against MK; it is against the standing power structure as it exists now. If you feel a different alliance is the root of the structure, feel free to join and attack that alliance. We are not an alliance; there are no formal rules or orders to follow.
[/quote]
Then I shall join you, and declare war on the Mostly Harmless Alliance.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1290805534' post='2524042']
Then I shall join you, and declare war on the Mostly Harmless Alliance.
[/quote]

The Reformation welcomes you.

Want to know a secret about MHA's military organization? There is none. I've seen it.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1290805866' post='2524050']
Thanks. And I got a glimpse of that myself when I spied one of the few nuclear MHA nations in my range. It had a healthy warchest of $7m dongs.
[/quote]
That...is really sad. ._. Can we get a rough estimate (say, within 10K NS) of what his NS was?

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1290799533' post='2523943']
I see your sarcasm and raise you a 5-1 battle report record so far, and two out of three nations I'm fighting, including one in a defensive war, are in Anarchy.
[/quote]

Our entire military empire...in shambles...

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1290805677' post='2524045']
The Reformation welcomes you.

Want to know a secret about MHA's military organization? There is none. I've seen it.
[/quote]

[quote name='Aimee Mann' timestamp='1290805866' post='2524050']
Thanks. And I got a glimpse of that myself when I spied one of the few nuclear MHA nations in my range. It had a healthy warchest of $7m dongs.
[/quote]

Best part of this thread. :awesome:

[quote name='Rebounder' timestamp='1290801270' post='2523971']
Okay, this is just hilarious.

I guess I'm still doing nothing right now? Well, I must be doing something, for, as you see, MK has taken notice.
[/quote]

What's so funny about it? You sat in an alliance that, along with you, didn't do anything at all. You really have no place to complain, those that don't do anything shouldn't complain that nothing is going on.

So yeah, congrats after 135 days, finally doing something, Mr. 27k casualties.

Edit: Jesus H. you literally have 27k casualties. Get out of here. :v:

Edited by Mr Damsky