Lestari

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1290398302' post='2519939']
What would you consider not activity?
[/quote]
One liners such as "we recognize this nation", "we agree with our allies on this particular situation", "we are glad to see this treaty between our friends", and things like that.

Though if this is enacted there will probably be debate about if a certain post is such a one liner or not. And really, some two liners are just as bad as one liners.

Personally, I would consider it not active if it doesn't change a persons nation (internally or externally) or characters at all, though that may be too harsh :3

if you ban one liner RP, What will Jed do?

Edit extra: What defines one liner RP. Not all of us have the same screen size or default zoom set. What could be a long post to someone on a small laptop could only be tiny few lines compared to someone on a large screen.

Edited by Saarkin Cor

[quote name='Saarkin Cor' timestamp='1290400122' post='2519969']
if you ban one liner RP, What will Jed do?

Edit extra: What defines one liner RP. Not all of us have the same screen size or default zoom set. What could be a long post to someone on a small laptop could only be tiny few lines compared to someone on a large screen.
[/quote]
Exactly why I said there will be debate about what constitutes a one liner and what doesn't. If such rules were enforced, we would need to do a better job of defining it than I did xD

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1290385617' post='2519608']
I favor the system as in. If you have a problem with someone just attack them, if they are truly inactive they will collapse, if not they are active.
[/quote]
I agree wholly with you.

[quote name='maicke' timestamp='1290399623' post='2519961']
One liners such as "we recognize this nation", "we agree with our allies on this particular situation", "we are glad to see this treaty between our friends", and things like that.

Though if this is enacted there will probably be debate about if a certain post is such a one liner or not. And really, some two liners are just as bad as one liners.

Personally, I would consider it not active if it doesn't change a persons nation (internally or externally) or characters at all, though that may be too harsh :3
[/quote]
That's bull. I can understand the anonymous bloggers thing, but one liners are perfectly legitimate when they are used in context.

Nonetheless, I think you're all forgetting that, if someone isn't going to be active, they can lock their nation for a set amount of time, so that they can finish what they need to finish, and then get back to being active.

[quote name='Biohazard' timestamp='1290400909' post='2519989']

Nonetheless, I think you're all forgetting that, if someone isn't going to be active, they can lock their nation for a set amount of time, so that they can finish what they need to finish, and then get back to being active.
[/quote]
Sadly, most of the time they don't lock their nations. There are currently five nations on the list (one of which is supposed to be 'through October 19th' :v:) and it hasn't been posted in since the sixth, however I guarantee you there are many more inactive nations than that.

I favor the system as in. If you have a problem with someone just attack them, if they are truly inactive they will collapse, if not they are active.
[/quote]

This.

Case in point: I attacked the USA and they weren't TECHNICALLY inactive, but they weren't very active either. So what did I do? I used that against them, saying their government was ineffective and not caring for the needs of the people. And yes, they got active right at the beginning, but it tailed off quickly and they collapsed due to... wait for it... inactivity.

Honestly, this is just a vendetta against a select few larger nations taking up land people would like to RP on who aren't meeting someone arbitrary "activity" requirement. Keep the rules as is, and work within them to make people more active, if that is truly your goal (or take over their land if that is your goal too. I really couldn't care less).

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1290401761' post='2520000']
This.

Case in point: I attacked the USA and they weren't TECHNICALLY inactive, but they weren't very active either. So what did I do? I used that against them, saying their government was ineffective and not caring for the needs of the people. And yes, they got active right at the beginning, but it tailed off quickly and they collapsed due to... wait for it... inactivity.

Honestly, this is just a vendetta against a select few larger nations taking up land people would like to RP on who aren't meeting someone arbitrary "activity" requirement. Keep the rules as is, and work within them to make people more active, if that is truly your goal (or take over their land if that is your goal too. I really couldn't care less).
[/quote]

I completely agree, we shouldn't be so quick to propose and change rules on a whim. What we have more or less works, changing things up just causes more problems and butthurt than its worth.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1290424991' post='2520214']
I completely agree, we shouldn't be so quick to propose and change rules on a whim. What we have more or less works, changing things up just causes more problems and butthurt than its worth.
[/quote]

But thats the thing IAT leaving things status quo is just crap because it perpetuates the continued one liner posts(or otherwise) by these massive empires, and also it doesnt help that the GM's(may or may not) be biased towards protecting/ruling in favor of the big empires(who are the friends of the GM's) there should be stricter enforcement by the GM's(who have to remain unbiased) in this case if a player hasnt posted in the defined 25 days(like Amy not posting since August) she should be wiped immediately same thing for any massive empire, give them the 25 days but if they are beyond it wipe them.

Edited by graniteknight

Dont bring up GM biasedness, they drop on you like a ton of bricks.
In regards to the thread as a whole, im in favour of getting rid of the one liners classing as activity which resets the 25 day clock, but thats about it. Some of the current inactive Empires dont post alot, but generally, when they do post, its some excellent quality reading, for example IA and Shadow. I think we should also consider that alot of work has gone into these Nations histories et cetera and sometimes, and it happens to us all, we hit a wall, a slump in creativity when we simply do not know what to do with our CNRP time and just take a week or two away, see Sarah before she eventually left.

I knew that bringing up the GM's would be a thorny area but notwithstanding that fact- there needs to be changes it doesnt matter if you have the best quality work in the world, if you miss a deadline you are gone- be it in college or in high school or working for a company, if you do not produce by the time expected you are canned.

Zoot I completely understand you and wasn't missing the point,, yeah sure take a couple of days before writing a post but at least stay active by posting OOC or some such, like say "hey im not inactive but im planning something out/working on something let me have time" instead people go about their way and don't have common courtesy to other players

I put more effort into playing a part of a country than most players on this forum put into playing their actual nation. To me.. that's kind of shoddy.

We definitely need something to light the fire brand under people's recliners. The Arm Chair Lords and Ladies are falling asleep en masse.

People who think they are rping some degree of quality by posting once a month are delusional. They're just avoiding sucking by not saying anything only to suck anyway by not saying anything at all thus contributing nothing to the community.

So the whole "We post so little to keep our quality high.." I call shens on that and say "bubkis" to it. If you had quality RP to do you would have something to say or do.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Oh Im sorry Mael when did your opinion count?
Must of missed that memo. You dont put effort into RPing part of a country at all, you post once in a blue moon ICly when Triyun is doing something. Apart from that its just OOC stuff where you force your dragon god must be narrator egoboost rants on people.

Granite, you are assuming people ahve the time of day to check everybody on the forums for activity, just to wipe them.
If you have such a profound objection to it, you can sit down and check everyones activity levels like the inquisition. If not, please, stop your dead end no real point to it, whining.

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1290426690' post='2520223']
But thats the thing IAT leaving things status quo is just crap because it perpetuates the continued one liner posts(or otherwise) by these massive empires, and also it doesnt help that the GM's(may or may not) be biased towards protecting/[b]ruling in favor of the big empires(who are the friends of the GM's[/b]) there should be stricter enforcement by the GM's(who have to remain unbiased) in this case if a player hasnt posted in the defined 25 days(like Amy not posting since August) she should be wiped immediately same thing for any massive empire, give them the 25 days but if they are beyond it wipe them.
[/quote]

Ahaha- ahaha - ha.

Please leave out the current GMs in any current or future discussion about CNRP rules or changing the status quo. We can be swapped out by the Mods just as fast.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1290401761' post='2520000']
This.

[/quote]

Everything can be painted as "arbitrary" depending on the argument :P I view people not interacting with the community, regardless of nation size, except only to post once or twice in the twenty-five day limit as not being active enough. We are after all a community first and foremost and I think people lose track of that when viewing the map and seeing the pretty colors.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1290408211' post='2520114']
I'm fully in support of making one-liners not count as activity, unless there are a multitude of them (for example, Subtle's one-line comments that are usually questions in multiple .threads). Then again, I'm also the ebil GM of doom
[/quote]

Shush you, no ebil GMs of doom bringing doom.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1290424991' post='2520214']
[/quote]

If something "more or less works" then it isn't working effectively enough and requires change.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1290432792' post='2520255']
People who think they are rping some degree of quality by posting once a month are delusional. They're just avoiding sucking by not saying anything only to suck anyway by not saying anything at all thus contributing nothing to the community.

So the whole "We post so little to keep our quality high.." I call shens on that and say "bubkis" to it. If you had quality RP to do you would have something to say or do.
[/quote]
Agreed 100%.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1290433181' post='2520260']
Oh Im sorry Mael when did your opinion count?
[/quote]

Everyone's opinion counts Zoot. We are a community, trying to find a solution to what we view as a community issue.
Mael brings up a very good point, one I agree with wholeheartedly.

Edited by Yawoo

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1290432792' post='2520255']
I put more effort into playing a part of a country than most players on this forum put into playing their actual nation. To me.. that's kind of shoddy.[/quote]

I'm sorry, I'm not gonna let you finish. I stopped reading after that. Protip: Don't start off your post with something that makes you sound like a complete prick.

But anyway. I would be fully in support also of making one-liners not count as activity. 25 days is 25 days either way. Although, I remember there was a time a couple years ago when if someone was inactive, then a bunch of people would ask each other, "Should we count him as inactive?" and then they would. We operated on terms of mutual respect, and if someone was inactive, they'd make their land whitespace.

[/quote]
The problem with that is that even though someone may not be active, their allies probably are. I could start a coalition to take out the USR, and even though Malatose might not be active, you and Cent will swoop in with your millions of troops and kick us out.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1290466086' post='2520623']
The problem with that is that even though someone may not be active, their allies probably are. I could start a coalition to take out the USR, and even though Malatose might not be active, you and Cent will swoop in with your millions of troops and kick us out.
[/quote]
This. Also, it is NOT an IC problem, it is an OOC problem. The best way to solve an OOC problem is through OOC actions.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1290469235' post='2520666']
This. Also, it is NOT an IC problem, it is an OOC problem. The best way to solve an OOC problem is through OOC actions.
[/quote]

How is it an OOC problem? Nations are immediately wiped after 25 days, just as if they were 25 days inactive in game.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1290469366' post='2520668']
How is it an OOC problem? Nations are immediately wiped after 25 days, just as if they were 25 days inactive in game.
[/quote]
If you really can't see how this is an OOC problem, I don't think I'll even bother trying to explain yet again.