AcTi Individual Surrender Terms

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289123426' post='2504877']
I think you're getting me confused with someone that hasn't seen this kind of !@#$ in the past.

The war with AcTi will by definition last at least as long as the war with its leader. If its leader is to be ZIed, then the war will last at least that long. The idea that [i]you all[/i] are teaching anyone a lesson in diplomacy is absolutely laughable and pompous beyond compare. Grow up and get out of 2008.
[/quote]

Schatt...please...never leave. :wub:

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1289123600' post='2504878']
It doesn't take very long at all to ZI a nation, you know. In addition, there is nothing stopping a peace treaty being concluded between AcTi and Sirius that stipulates that Batallion will remain leader of AcTi, but nonetheless remain in a state of war until his nation hits ZI, while the other nations of AcTi will be once again at peace.
[/quote]
How novel! A peace treaty with ongoing war stipulations! It'll be all the rage this season.

Don't be stupid.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289123727' post='2504881']How novel! A peace treaty with ongoing war stipulations! It'll be all the rage this season.

Don't be stupid.[/quote]
There's a lot of difference between a peace treaty that says that one nation must hit ZI before it alone can gain peace and a peace treaty that stipulates that a whole group of nations (who hid in peace mode to avoid a major curbstomp) must be subjected to mass-destruction. Nice try though. <_<

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289123426' post='2504877']
I think you're getting me confused with someone that hasn't seen this kind of !@#$ in the past.

The war with AcTi will by definition last at least as long as the war with its leader. If its leader is to be ZIed, then the war will last at least that long. The idea that [i]you all[/i] are teaching anyone a lesson in diplomacy is absolutely laughable and pompous beyond compare. Grow up and get out of 2008.
[/quote]

AcTi members are free to peace out if they follow the surrender terms. It's decision whether or not they want their decision destroyed. Really, I see this war over all except in name by the end of the week, provided AcTi's members are smart enough to realize this.

I don't know when we ever claimed we were teaching anyone a lesson in diplomacy. [i]You're[/i] pushing that one onto us.

Edited by Sentinal

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1289123840' post='2504883']
I don't know when we ever claimed we were teaching anyone a lesson in diplomacy. [i]You're[/i] pushing that one onto us.
[/quote]
Are you !@#$@#$ kidding me?

[quote name='Jewelangel' timestamp='1289112124' post='2504799']
We felt that Batallion deserved ZI to make him realise that he should act more diplomatically and less arrogantly before dragging his whole innocent alliance into a war for no real reason.
[/quote]
[b][u]
[i]Do. not.[/i][/u][/b] play games with me, peasant.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1289122337' post='2504862']
I must have missed the part where Sirius demanded 7/8ths of AcTi's tech as reparations and/or demanded that they decommission their wonders.
[/quote]
You're actually just missing ~the joke~

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1289123840' post='2504883']
[/quote]

Jewel made a post earlier referring to it.

EDIT: It appears Schatt beat me to the punch.

But to be fair Schatt, Sentinal isn't a small insect made of urine.

Edited by Kevanovia

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289124325' post='2504893']
Yeah, and I dare some self-important micro alliance to try and ZI me to teach me to be more diplomatic when I'm dealing with self-important micros.
[/quote]
Wait a minute. You're daring a self-important micro to try and ZI you, the leader of a self-important micro when you're dealing with self-important micros.

Good sir, I knew you were a master of satire, but [b]irony too? It's just too much.[/b] :awesome:

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1289124429' post='2504894']
Wait a minute. You're daring a self-important micro to try and ZI you, the leader of a self-important micro when you're dealing with self-important micros.

Good sir, I knew you were a master of satire, but [b]irony too? It's just too much.[/b] :awesome:
[/quote]

YOU of all people should not be commenting on anything dealing with feeling self-important. Ever. Unless it is an apology.

[quote=Karolina]I think the moralist point of view is going over the top on this one. ZI'ing isn't allowed now? What's next...using nukes won't be allowed? This is a war, not a contest of morals. [/quote]

We're talking about surrender terms, not the act of war itself. (Granted this particular war could also be debated)

Edited by Kevanovia

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1289124670' post='2504895']YOU of all people should not be commenting on anything dealing with feeling self-important. Ever.[/quote]
Funny, I was just about to say the same to you, Mr. President of 20 nations.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1289124670' post='2504895']We're talking about surrender terms, not the act of war itself. (Granted this particular war could also be debated)[/quote]
Which is what Karolina was talking about. The ZI of Batallion is [b]part of the surrender terms[/b], in a manner.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1289124963' post='2504897']"President of 20 nations"? Elaborate.[/quote]
[url=http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=The%20University]Do I really need to take a screenshot[/url]?

Frankly, what we have here is a case of what I'm going to name [i]Andromeda Syndrome[/i]. An impotent alliance (or group of impotent alliances) which have somehow managed to tie-in to a more powerful alliance(s) mistakenly believe that their association makes them as important as the alliance(s) they are allied to.
As a result, over-reaching occurs. The "Andromeda" alliance(s) begins to believe that it is actually powerful, and as a result starts to exercise its "power" against individual(s) or alliance(s) which have not tricked out their ass in the way that the "Andromeda" alliance has. In the example of Andromeda Syndrome's nomenclature, reference the VE-allied micro alliance Andromeda zero-infrastructure/tech/land'ing Walford, a nation which had already been disenfranchised for 2 years at the time.

The "Andromeda" thinks it is being supah clever and really funny, and/or really serious and helping the entire world. In fact, it is just posturing for the "VE" alliance(s) and puckering its butt.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289125234' post='2504902']Frankly, what we have here is a case of what I'm going to name [i]Andromeda Syndrome[/i]. An impotent alliance (or group of impotent alliances) which have somehow managed to tie-in to a more powerful alliance(s) mistakenly believe that their association makes them as important as the alliance(s) they are allied to.
As a result, over-reaching occurs. The "Andromeda" alliance(s) begins to believe that it is actually powerful, and as a result starts to exercise its "power" against individual(s) or alliance(s) which have not tricked out their ass in the way that the "Andromeda" alliance has. In the example of Andromeda Syndrome's nomenclature, reference the VE-allied micro alliance Andromeda zero-infrastructure/tech/land'ing Walford, a nation which had already been disenfranchised for 2 years at the time.

The "Andromeda" thinks it is being supah clever and really funny, and/or really serious and helping the entire world. In fact, it is just posturing for the "VE" alliance(s) and puckering its butt.[/quote]
That analogy will make sense in a couple of years, assuming AcTi is still being pursued by Sirius at that point. At the moment though.... *raspberry* <_<

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1289108423' post='2504738']
these are HORRIBLE TERMS! you hegemony!

also: hi
[/quote]

This, I did not agree to these awful manipulative terms.

WickedJ the Merciful.

o7 Sirius

Its been fun fighting this inactives...

Oh good call. However I am a little confused on what that has to do with anything. Should I have made this post back in '07 when I was Minister of Foreign Affairs of a 250+ member alliance? Would my opinion be more relevant then? A man that once went by Srqt was rarely in a government position, however I respected his opinion more than the opinion of 99% of Planet Bob. Government positions mean crap, having character/having a logical mind/having a heart is what matters and that is something you dearly lack. I would not care if you were the leader of 1000 nations, my opinion of your leadership skills would be the same.

EDIT: This is a reply to Arrnea

Edited by Kevanovia

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289125234' post='2504902']
Frankly, what we have here is a case of what I'm going to name [i]Andromeda Syndrome[/i]. An impotent alliance (or group of impotent alliances) which have somehow managed to tie-in to a more powerful alliance(s) mistakenly believe that their association makes them as important as the alliance(s) they are allied to.

The "Andromeda" thinks it is being supah clever and really funny, and/or really serious and helping the entire world. In fact, it is just posturing for the "VE" alliance(s) and puckering its butt.
[/quote]

Yes. We're allied to IAA, NpO, Athens, and our folks at SIRIUS. We are [i]definitely[/i] at the top of the world. Thus, we are giant bullies because we came to the defense of our allies who were attacked by an alliance who was late in posting a DoW.

Yes. Let us completely disregard that AcTi made threats towards TKTB. Let's completely disregard that AcTi made the first move.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1289125442' post='2504905']Oh good call. However I am a little confused on what that has to do with anything.[/quote]
Just the fact that I find it ironic that YOU of all people should attempt to call someone out on being a self-important micro.