A Question from the AA of 'none'

simon2269

I currently reside on the AA known as none, since joining this AA a couple of days ago i have had needless to say a number of recruitment messages but also something i did not expect. I have so far been spied on 3 times. This does not concern / bother me and this is in no way a moan session. My question is why are people spying? What information or benefit is it that they are after?

[quote name='simon2269' timestamp='1287068533' post='2484451']
I currently reside on the AA known as none, since joining this AA a couple of days ago i have had needless to say a number of recruitment messages but also something i did not expect. I have so far been spied on 3 times. This does not concern / bother me and this is in no way a moan session. My question is why are people spying? What information or benefit is it that they are after?
[/quote]

As a few people aready said, someone might just be gathering info to see whether you'd be a good raid target.

Another possibility is that, as an unaligned nation, there are no consequences to spying on or even attacking you, and therefore people might be doing it simply for practice.

At any rate, I'd suggest finding an alliance with which you feel comfortable.

-Craig

Well, since you're a 1418 day old nation, I think it's safe to assume you know the options out there :P And you were in Phoenix Rising, at least as of October 7. You're in the top 4% of nations - an area where nations of equal size don't get to fight all that often. My guess is that some leaders in your range think you look tasty, are bored themselves and want to know how tough you are before deciding if you are a target. Happy what ever it is you are doing out in the great wild of the non-aligned.

[quote name='der_ko' timestamp='1287069772' post='2484460']
I assume they were gathering intel on you? Never hurts to know the warchest of a potential raid target.
[/quote]

That is the most logical explanation.

Join 64digits, then you won't get spied on, and you'll get no more of those pesky recruitment messages.

:awesome:

Edit:

But srsly. We're due to get a mass influx of newbs, and that means you get first dibs on tech deals. We're still small, and there is definitely room for 'upwards movement' if you prove yourself.

We support member freedoms, and if you have something to say you'll never be punished for saying it. Tech raiding is allowed, and other stuff I'm forgetting.

We're politically active and have good friends in 'big' alliances.

Also we like war. If you're not willing to stay with us should we fight a losing war for months on end (which is a very real possibility), don't bother applying, we are an alliance of loyalty and honor, and we don't take cowards.

Click my sig to visit our forums.

Edited by HeroofTime55

Join World Federation if you are looking for a growing green alliance, with loads of activity. Our extensive application process is catered to each member, so you can skip nation building :awesome: , but still read up on politics :)

Want details? PM me, respond to my in-game message, or visit us at www.WorldFed.net :D

Thank you for your responses, i was more suprised on the spying as i was in peace mode and therefore not able to be raided but it makes sense to be prepared for when / if i come out.

White Majik - i'll pm you to give you a heads up when i'm ready to be pillaged, try not to be too rough with me though

[quote name='simon2269' timestamp='1287125468' post='2485125']
White Majik - i'll pm you to give you a heads up when i'm ready to be pillaged, try not to be too rough with me though
[/quote]

Can you add me to that list too? I've been trying to break 4m casualties for what seems like forever. Just one round of nukes with you should do that hopefully.

That or if you're interested in joining a fairly new, tiny alliance, message me. :)

You could join Phoenix Rising ... :)

Honestly, as they say, there's the ones seeing if you'd be worth a fight, and likely someone bored and figuring they should justify the huge sums they're spending in spy upkeep by..wait, hold on, spy upkeep's $0, right? Well, the boredom would still be there.