GOON spy orders

JimKongIl

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1285171740' post='2461029']
But letting your allies help with "every rogue" proves GOONS doesnt like to fight as much as their allies, they wouldnt like you if you choose to fight your own rogues from time to time? What type of friendship is that? :P
[/quote]

We sadly don't have that many nations in higher tiers. Why not let allies have some fun if we are unable to fill the war slots ourselves?

I assure you, most of us like war and don't care about infra. If I were big enough I'd have declared on Jim in a second.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1285174603' post='2461079']
[color="#0000FF"]JimKongIl is about 25k larger than Umar. JimKongIl is also 100k NS larger than the next highest GOON. I am not sure if the next highest GOON could even hit Jim, but if it could, it wouldn't do much good. It'd basically just be throwing a perfectly good nation at something to accomplish nothing. I may not be GOONS biggest fan, but even I can see the logic in this. They aren't cowards. They aren't running to their allies to deal with Methrage or any of the other rogues which they can hit. In fact, once Jim is in range of the rest of GOONS, about a 100k NS from now or a bit less, I'm sure they will be able to handle him quite nicely. Really, I'm not sure what the fuss is about and I'm usually a critic of GOONS. But quite frankly Methrage and his supporters are so ridiculously in the wrong and stupid here that not even I can argue on their behalf.[/color]
[/quote]

I'm in complete agreement with RV, I'm also awaiting the apocalypse of my nation.

[quote name='Mandolus' timestamp='1285174707' post='2461085']
We sadly don't have that many nations in higher tiers. Why not let allies have some fun if we are unable to fill the war slots ourselves?

I assure you, most of us like war and don't care about infra. If I were big enough I'd have declared on Jim in a second.
[/quote]

A second? A [b]whole[/b] second? You coward!

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1285174613' post='2461080']
Oh noes, they invaded on your sovereignty when you could've gotten your alliance rolled for secret aiding a nuclear rogue.

You're the pinnacle of awesome, my good sir.[/quote]

1) there was no solid evidence for a "legit" CB without a successful spy attack
2) I wouldnt of cared about spy attacks if they asked me first, hell there wouldnt of been the need of spy attacks if they asked me.

Keep living in this fantasy world that is in your head.

[quote name='Mandolus' timestamp='1285174707' post='2461085']

[/quote]

Most of you like to attack smaller nations and brag about being "bad" on the OWF. If you guys really liked war then you would be attacking nations that actually have the ability to fight back. You also wouldn't get your allies help you place sanctions. In fact, didn't one of you say that you guys nuked a nation to minimize damage? I'm not sure that shows how much you love to fight.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1285175317' post='2461097']
Most of you like to attack smaller nations and brag about being "bad" on the OWF. If you guys really liked war then you would be attacking nations that actually have the ability to fight back. You also wouldn't get your allies help you place sanctions. In fact, didn't one of you say that you guys nuked a nation to minimize damage? I'm not sure that shows how much you love to fight.
[/quote]
I hope you realise how pathetic it is that petty stuff like this is all you have to throw around.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1285174705' post='2461084']
No, he said he would declare on GOONS if he was spied on again. I think he's just keeping his word.

Good luck nuking GOONS Jim.
[/quote]
He already started the fight by aiding Methrage. His logic was that if we proved he committed an act of war on us he'd commit an act of war on us. He started it any way you look at it. This is a really poor attempt at looking like the victim. We gave him the chance to make amends, but he has something to prove I guess.

Well, we'll be happy to add another rogue to the pile. This puts us at 14 I think. It's not like we're afraid of nukes. Our members are already arguing over who's going to fight him when he falls down.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1285175499' post='2461099']
I hope you realise how pathetic it is that petty stuff like this is all you have to throw around.
[/quote]

You can check the warscreens yourself and see how many GOONS nations are engaged in a nation equal or greater in size than them: [url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=Goon%20Order%20of%20Oppression%20Negligence%20and%20Sadism&anyallexact=exact"]http://www.cybernati...yallexact=exact[/url]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285175694' post='2461103']
He already started the fight by aiding Methrage. His logic was that if we proved he committed an act of war on us he'd commit an act of war on us. He started it any way you look at it. This is a really poor attempt at looking like the victim. We gave him the chance to make amends, but he has something to prove I guess.
[/quote]

If that spy on failed, Jim would have declared on you anyway.

[quote]
Well, we'll be happy to add another rogue to the pile. This puts us at 14 I think. It's not like we're afraid of nukes. Our members are already arguing over who's going to fight him when he falls down.
[/quote]

Who wouldn't? You'll have allies to back you up with sanctions/aid and a squad to take him on.

Edited by kulomascovia

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1285175251' post='2461095']
1) there was no solid evidence for a "legit" CB without a successful spy attack
2) I wouldnt of cared about spy attacks if they asked me first, hell there wouldnt of been the need of spy attacks if they asked me.

Keep living in this fantasy world that is in your head.
[/quote]

1) Sure there was. Hence why STA (who isn't GOONS' best friend) allowed us to spy.
2) Is that why you danced around the issue with pez instead of answering?

[/quote]If you love something you'll share it with your friends.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1285175717' post='2461104']
You can check the warscreens yourself and see how many GOONS nations are engaged in a nation equal or greater in size than them: http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=Goon%20Order%20of%20Oppression%20Negligence%20and%20Sadism&anyallexact=exact
[/quote]

It's almost as if you don't know how war works.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1285175717' post='2461104']
You can check the warscreens yourself and see how many GOONS nations are engaged in a nation equal or greater in size than them: http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=Goon%20Order%20of%20Oppression%20Negligence%20and%20Sadism&anyallexact=exact
[/quote]
It doesn't even matter whether you're correct or not - it's a pretty sad state of affairs when all you have to criticise is some nebulous thing about "cowardice" that you can bog down with pissy little arguments about semantics and war stats and whatever else that may or may not be tangentially related to the war system. Don't you think it's time to just give it a rest and reconcile yourself with the fact that those big bad GOONS might just be a teensy little bit in the right here?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1285175760' post='2461105']
1) Sure there was. Hence why STA (who isn't GOONS' best friend) allowed us to spy.
2) Is that why you danced around the issue with pez instead of answering?
[/quote]

You obviously havent been paying attention to what ive said, as i said [b]if[/b] they had asked me before spy attacks, there would not of had been need for spy attacks. So yes i took offense that being a highly active member who is easily able to get in contact with within hours, that they couldnt be arsed to talk to me first.

[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1285175822' post='2461106']
If you love something you'll share it with your friends.
[/quote]

Sanctions would reduce the ability of your opponent to fight back. Wouldn't that reduce what you "love" as well?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1285175846' post='2461107']
It's almost as if you don't know how war works.
[/quote]

War is only fought against a weaker opponent? Yeah, that makes sense but that's not my point.
GOONS claims to love fighting and that losing infra doesn't bother them. Yet they consistently attack smaller nations who cannot fight back and then use their allies to help them reduce the damage they would receive.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1285174415' post='2461076']
Umm excuse me, i wasnt pissed of at being "suspected/caught/held hands up" i was pissed off at not being talked to before hand.
[/quote]
After betraying your alliance's trust you still have the nerve to blame your leaders for not being sensitive enough?

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1285176121' post='2461112']
You obviously havent been paying attention to what ive said, as i said [b]if[/b] they had asked me before spy attacks, there would not of had been need for spy attacks. So yes i took offense that being a highly active member who is easily able to get in contact with within hours, that they couldnt be arsed to talk to me first.
[/quote]

And we took offense to you aiding a nuclear rogue under our banner.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1285176073' post='2461110']
It still doesn't matter, we wouldn't even have been spying him if he didn't aid Methrage to begin with.
[/quote]

The point is that he would have kept his word. It doesn't matter if it was successful or not. He's not trying to look like a victim. He's simply keeping his word.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1285176119' post='2461111']
It doesn't even matter whether you're correct or not - it's a pretty sad state of affairs when all you have to criticise is some nebulous thing about "cowardice" that you can bog down with pissy little arguments about semantics and war stats and whatever else that may or may not be tangentially related to the war system. Don't you think it's time to just give it a rest and reconcile yourself with the fact that those big bad GOONS might just be a teensy little bit in the right here?
[/quote]

I'm only responding to the claim that members of GOONS are avid fighters that don't mind losing infra.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1285176123' post='2461113']
War is only fought against a weaker opponent? Yeah, that makes sense but that's not my point.
GOONS claims to love fighting and that losing infra doesn't bother them. Yet they consistently attack smaller nations who cannot fight back and then use their allies to help them reduce the damage they would receive.
[/quote]

You really don't understand much at all, the least of which being the idea of "friends and allies". :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Look at my nation, look at my active wars, and tell me I'm not "bad".

Sanctions would reduce the ability of your opponent to fight back. Wouldn't that reduce what you "love" as well?

[/quote]Keep grasping at those straws. Maybe you'll have enough to build some kind of human effigy with them. A...strawman if you will.

[/quote]
I can't speak for everyone, but most of my wars are against stronger opponents, especially in infra (my raided land inflates my NS pretty nicely). Heck the last good fight I was in, I was 17,000 NS and my opponent was 22,000.

I'll give you some hints, ordered to relate to your paragraph here:

1) When you're winning, your opponent's NS tends to go down, meaning the war screen shows he's "weaker"
2) Our war history shows 207 wars for 280 nations, it's obvious we hate to fight
3) We're currently fighting 10 nuclear rogues, and 0 of our nations are in peace mode, so it's obvious we love our infra
4) Any nation can fight back, CMs work all the time, so if we love our infra so much we wouldn't raid
5) If you can point out even one instance of an ally bailing us out of a tech raid, I'll give you our next Methrage payment

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1285176130' post='2461114']
After betraying your alliance's trust you still have the nerve to blame your leaders for not being sensitive enough?[/quote]

Are we animals who do not know how to speak to one and other?

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1285176306' post='2461117']
And we took offense to you aiding a nuclear rogue under our banner.[/quote]

Technically when i aided him, he was well out of nuclear range, had no nukes and the money didnt even go to nukes, so at the time of aid he was just a rogue.