GATO Fun Filled Announcement

SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1284090275' post='2448475']
How about I deliver the Warriors at your door step and give you something worth complaining about? You didn't get curb-stomped by an alliance three times your size, you got beat solidly by an alliance that was pretty much equal your size and numbers.[/quote]

Now you threatening us now? Lol, yes, your really getting your point across now. I'd rather be nuked and have a higher NS then what we had.

[quote]
1. Its TE, very few if any wars actually have what would be construed as valid CB's in the other realm.
2. Wars are about the element of surprise, had a DoW been posted, it would have been posted to coincide with the beginning of Kodiak Corps attacks.
3. Like you said, either way you wouldn't have been around to see the DoW in time to effectively prepare for it, so what difference does it make.

I do appreciate your praise of my leadership abilities though :lol1: [/quote]

I could careless about the DoW being able to see it, its called proper alliance politics or common courtesy. It's a very simple concept that carries over into TE as well.

[quote]
You keep telling me that my logic fails, yet you provide the most illogical of reasons as to why. Like I've iterated before, before the attacks began, GATO and Kodiak Corps were very similar in size and members. It wasn't like somebody with twice the NS came out and beat on you, it was a good-matchup, but Kodiak Corps used timing, coordination and activity to gain the decisive victory. Are you upset that the mechanics of war didn't work well with your lack of preparation or activity?

Seeing as how Kodiak Corps have you by the throat, maybe your continual whining isn't the best way to shake this war off, bring it to an amicable end and allow yourself to walk it off and start preparing for the future.
[/quote]

At this if I was allowed to get on at the update, I would have rolled Kodiak's nations, however since I do have other, more important things to attend to I was not able to be on to stop my nation from being put into anarchy again. Kodiak wins this war on me because of a !@#$%* update time of 1:00am [OOC]

[quote name='JudgeX' timestamp='1284091277' post='2448500']
Thanks to your abject untruths about the size of your nations I will forevermore post screenshots pre-war so that original stats can be compared! you guys had 5-6 3K NS+ nations to our 2-3. You yourself was #6 on the nation list with 549 infrastructure. I posted the DoW. according to the timeline on it it would have been posted 1 1/2 days early. Have a nice day.
[/quote]

Thats full of crap, bring out those screenshots, we had 2 nations over 3k strength. And I actually had 699 infras too, if you going to post stats, please post them right, I would like your Screenshots too.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1284090275' post='2448475']
How about I deliver the Warriors at your door step and give you something worth complaining about? You didn't get curb-stomped by an alliance three times your size, you got beat solidly by an alliance that was pretty much equal your size and numbers.

1. Its TE, very few if any wars actually have what would be construed as valid CB's in the other realm.
2. Wars are about the element of surprise, had a DoW been posted, it would have been posted to coincide with the beginning of Kodiak Corps attacks.
3. Like you said, either way you wouldn't have been around to see the DoW in time to effectively prepare for it, so what difference does it make.

I do appreciate your praise of my leadership abilities though :lol1:

You keep telling me that my logic fails, yet you provide the most illogical of reasons as to why. Like I've iterated before, before the attacks began, GATO and Kodiak Corps were very similar in size and members. It wasn't like somebody with twice the NS came out and beat on you, it was a good-matchup, but Kodiak Corps used timing, coordination and activity to gain the decisive victory. Are you upset that the mechanics of war didn't work well with your lack of preparation or activity?

Seeing as how Kodiak Corps have you by the throat, maybe your continual whining isn't the best way to shake this war off, bring it to an amicable end and allow yourself to walk it off and start preparing for the future.
[/quote]
Going ever so much off topic I would like to point out that this guys AV looks like me :D
I'm not allowed to smoke indoors so it cannot be me. He does have my hair though and even my shirt.
He looks like he has my attitude as well which is quite scary.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1284123742' post='2448788']
Now you threatening us now? Lol, yes, your really getting your point across now. I'd rather be nuked and have a higher NS then what we had.[/quote]

No, I'm saying that if you really wanted something to complain about, I could give it to you.

TE is about war, pure and simple. Did you honestly think you would go the entire round without war, or that you'd have the oppertunity to sit back and choose your wars against smaller opponents? You've got alot to learn about how things work over here, and if your not going to go on the offensive, your going to be on the defensive. The fact that somebody that was almost identical your size attacked you rather then somebody twice your size is a blessing for you guys.

I really don't see why your complaining, you got warred.

I could careless about the DoW being able to see it, its called proper alliance politics or common courtesy. It's a very simple concept that carries over into TE as well.[/quote]

Again, you really don't seem to know a thing about how things work over here. Over here, its all war all the time. Alot of things don't get posted like they would in SE, if this is what upsets you, you should probably get settled in for an excess of disappointment over the future.

At this if I was allowed to get on at the update, I would have rolled Kodiak's nations, however since I do have other, more important things to attend to I was not able to be on to stop my nation from being put into anarchy again. Kodiak wins this war on me because of a !@#$%* update time of 1:00am [OOC]
[/quote]

Perhaps you could have been on at update, but what about your members? I'm sure that Kodiak Corps have some time-zone conflicts as well, but they coordinate well enough and are willing to stay up a little late/wake up a little early to be able to pull it all together. Just give it up, they used the game mechanics to their favor, they might have worked to your disadvantage, but thats not Kodiak Corps fault.

Really, I find your whining to be adorable. You got people to come over to TE, a game that is generally dominated by war, and then you proceed to complain when somebody wars with you. Get over it already.

It's nice to have a DoW posted at the same time as the blitz, but it isn't exactly the world-ending situation you're making it out to be...if it isn't abundantly clear that war has been declared five minutes after the first attacks, either you're not as ready as you should be, or it was the world's most pathetic blitz, and the latter certainly wasn't the case here. DoWs in TE are less about the combatants (who, again, should know pretty much immediately that there's a war happening; I've never discovered a war involving my alliance by reading the OWF) than the popcorn-munching masses; you should already know, but the DoW threads usually provide a nice back-and-forth.

As for what to do should your opponent neglect to post a DoW, you have options that don't include rolling over on the battlefield and crying about your misfortune. You could -- in good humour -- post one for them, and either congratulate them/gently taunt them on their blitz. Or you could shrug your shoulders and enjoy the fun. Instead, hoping to win the battle of public opinion while allowing your opponent to lop off half your NS seems to be your strategy, and it's a rather bad one. It might secure you a pity exit from the war, but not with dignity intact.

Edited by Schad

[quote name='Darrenb209' timestamp='1284025502' post='2447501']
out of two people who attacked me, one of them has only 2k in cash

are you guys serious?
[/quote]

Oh please. It's not like you're swimming in cash either.

I get next to zilch with every ground battle I win. I just haven't wasted money on spies like you.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1284153109' post='2449073']
No, I'm[ saying that if you really wanted something to complain about, I could give it to you.

TE is about war, pure and simple. Did you honestly think you would go the entire round without war, or that you'd have the oppertunity to sit back and choose your wars against smaller opponents? You've got alot to learn about how things work over here, and if your not going to go on the offensive, your going to be on the defensive. The fact that somebody that was almost identical your size attacked you rather then somebody twice your size is a blessing for you guys.

I really don't see why your complaining, you got warred.
[/quote]

I understand how TE works fine, I understand it's about war, I also understand decency and proper alliance politics, obviously you do not.

[quote]
Again, you really don't seem to know a thing about how things work over here. Over here, its all war all the time. Alot of things don't get posted like they would in SE, if this is what upsets you, you should probably get settled in for an excess of disappointment over the future.

Perhaps you could have been on at update, but what about your members? I'm sure that Kodiak Corps have some time-zone conflicts as well, but they coordinate well enough and are willing to stay up a little late/wake up a little early to be able to pull it all together. Just give it up, they used the game mechanics to their favor, they might have worked to your disadvantage, but thats not Kodiak Corps fault.

Really, I find your whining to be adorable. You got people to come over to TE, a game that is generally dominated by war, and then you proceed to complain when somebody wars with you. Get over it already.
[/quote]

Nope, couldn't, explanations would be OOC.

[quote name='Darrenb209' timestamp='1284062682' post='2447918']
your guys have been GA'ing me all day and can't anarchy me.

and your guys rely on bombers and CMs

but yeah, I'm going to enjoy this, been bored for a while
[/quote]

We decided to correct this for you. Enjoy the anarchy.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1284164424' post='2449279']

Nope, couldn't, explanations would be OOC.
[/quote]

[quote][b][u]Tournament Edition Open World Forum[/u][/b]
The Open World Forum the place for the OOC discussion of IC topics specifically for Cyber Nations Tournament Edition.[/quote]
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=64123

I could careless about the DoW being able to see it, its called proper alliance politics or common courtesy. It's a very simple concept that carries over into TE as well.
[/quote]

Being a foreign affairs type myself, I can see what you are getting at. However, I highly doubt that Kodiak Corps meant it as any sort of slight toward GATO. Also, common courtesy is defined by the culture - or in the case of Planet Steve...lack there of ;) So, might want to change you're reasoning a bit. Observe...

Kodiak Corps, what were you thinking??? Bad, bad, bad alliance leaders!!! Do you even realize what you've done by NOT making a DoW? You've deprived your own foreign affairs person his or her glorious moment!!! If the other two "Big 3" leaders of Pork Shrimp did that to me - oh, there would be pain... :gun:

You better go apologize and beg forgiveness right now :frantic:

by forgiveness do you mean another few days of anarchy? I ain't no pansy elf tiptoeing about. Not that that's wrong. TE is all about war. Everybody in our AA knew. Who cares if GATO knew or not. In SE it would have been a big no no, but here its daily life. Its not like we jumped a smaller AA. Hell I'm beating the crap outa their top 2 guys and both started out with more than 100 infra and 40 tech higher than me. I was the most powerful in my attack group at the beginning. Everybody can stop crying cuz they were unprepared in a world of war. Bah! My leaders are happy. WE tasted a good kill. Not my fault the cheetah finally killed a lion.

oo/
Kodiak Corps
Warriors
The Phoenix Cobras
Trouble

[quote name='JudgeX' timestamp='1284343789' post='2451863']
by forgiveness do you mean another few days of anarchy? I ain't no pansy elf tiptoeing about. Not that that's wrong. TE is all about war. Everybody in our AA knew. Who cares if GATO knew or not. In SE it would have been a big no no, but here its daily life. Its not like we jumped a smaller AA. Hell I'm beating the crap outa their top 2 guys and both started out with more than 100 infra and 40 tech higher than me. I was the most powerful in my attack group at the beginning. Everybody can stop crying cuz they were unprepared in a world of war. Bah! My leaders are happy. WE tasted a good kill. Not my fault the cheetah finally killed a lion.

oo/
Kodiak Corps
Warriors
The Phoenix Cobras
Trouble
[/quote]
She was being sarcastic.

Also, I am posting a DoW sometime to spite her. :P (Alright, maybe not)

Finally, [grammar/sentence police] it's "couldn't care less". See image below for further clarification:

[img]http://forums.applenova.com/images/ammo/i-could-care-less.jpg[/img]
(And this is why I avoid the forums.)

Very well then. I did miss that and apologize. You should post a declaration of a declaration of war coming soon. I think that's what I'm gonna do next round. That way we can't go wrong and it won't catch anybody off guard. You also hit the mark with your Grammatical correction in that he does care a great deal.

[quote name='JudgeX' timestamp='1284343789' post='2451863']

oo/
Kodiak Corps
Warriors
The Phoenix Cobras
Trouble
[/quote]

Amusing, you alone did not do this, you had 2 other people be on at the update to constantly quad attack us. Any 1 on 1 fight to where my nation was before this I would have rolled you with ease.

Someone needs to take care of this kid.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1284412759' post='2452673']
Amusing, you alone did not do this, you had 2 other people be on at the update to constantly quad attack us. Any 1 on 1 fight to where my nation was before this I would have rolled you with ease.

[/quote]
I'd have to go back and look at all the battle reports, but I haven't usually hit you right at update, sometimes quite a bit before or after.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1284412759' post='2452673']

[/quote]

1 on 1s isn't the way that it works here or in the other realm, your delusional if you expect that to be the type of warfare you'll see.

No, JudgeX didn't beat the snot out of you by himself, but he organized his alliance in the manner to beat the snot out of your entire alliance. I don't see what the problem is here, they warred you with skill and speed, they knew how to work the system, and it exposed the flaws in your alliance's ability and preparation.

While I'm sure that their decision to war you was based on numbers alone and for some fun, I can't say that you don't deserve it with your constant and unfounded whining. Get over it already, nobodys crying for you.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1284345473' post='2451876']
She was being sarcastic.
Also, I am posting a DoW sometime to spite her. :P (Alright, maybe not)
[/quote]

Yup, I was just poking fun, JudgeX :blush: Making fun of myself too.

@bcortell - For you, anything...I'd even share the spotlight of DoW postings. Well, if you promise to give me an active/challenging target in exchange, that is :P

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='partymaster' timestamp='1284414932' post='2452744']
Cyfe, the point of an update blitz is to slaughter as many nations as possible as quickly as possible. 3v1 are very common, even 6v1 with a good counter team. This place tests you to the limit and then some, that is why I love it. :D
[/quote]

I have no problem with the organized attacks, however, if you going to boast that you single handedly took down a large nation, when that clearly wasn't the case, I do have a problem with it.

[quote name='Link Gaetz' timestamp='1284423558' post='2452972']
I'd have to go back and look at all the battle reports, but I haven't usually hit you right at update, sometimes quite a bit before or after.
[/quote]

You hit me once when i was on, I was able to buy troops but that turned it from a 6v1 to a 5v1, quite a bit after the update means crap due to my time area.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1284424643' post='2453016']
1 on 1s isn't the way that it works here or in the other realm, your delusional if you expect that to be the type of warfare you'll see.

No, JudgeX didn't beat the snot out of you by himself, but he organized his alliance in the manner to beat the snot out of your entire alliance. I don't see what the problem is here, they warred you with skill and speed, they knew how to work the system, and it exposed the flaws in your alliance's ability and preparation.

While I'm sure that their decision to war you was based on numbers alone and for some fun, I can't say that you don't deserve it with your constant and unfounded whining. Get over it already, nobodys crying for you.
[/quote]

How about you read my post again and realize why and how it was directed at Judge X. You clearly are an ignorant fool who is trying to find anyway to troll me. Now let me explain this to you so you can understand it. Judge X was boasting how he took down my nation with relative ease. Did that happen? Yes. Did he do it alone? Hell no he didn't. Perhaps before he goes on and boasts on how amazing he is on how he single handedly took my nation down he can say how they coordinated the attacks that took down my nation. The only problem is that he now thinks he is the best in the game for being able to perform quad attacks all the time. Someone's ego needs to be downplayed, anyone is capable of that.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1284427575' post='2453089']
You hit me once when i was on, I was able to buy troops but that turned it from a 6v1 to a 5v1, quite a bit after the update means crap due to my time area.
[/quote]
And you hit me when I wasn't on. I wasn't usually on at update and neither were you. I was just pointing out that your claim that we all quad you at update is not true as most if not all attacks aren't around update.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1284427575' post='2453089']
How about you read my post again and realize why and how it was directed at Judge X. You clearly are an ignorant fool who is trying to find anyway to troll me. Now let me explain this to you so you can understand it. Judge X was boasting how he took down my nation with relative ease. Did that happen? Yes. Did he do it alone? Hell no he didn't. Perhaps before he goes on and boasts on how amazing he is on how he single handedly took my nation down he can say how they coordinated the attacks that took down my nation. The only problem is that he now thinks he is the best in the game for being able to perform quad attacks all the time. Someone's ego needs to be downplayed, anyone is capable of that.
[/quote]

So now your finding something else to complain about now that the DoW thing isn't sticking?

[quote]The only problem is that he now thinks he is the best in the game for being able to perform quad attacks all the time. Someone's ego needs to be downplayed, anyone is capable of that.[/quote]

Eh, doubt it, you guys couldn't even muster enough preparation to put up a proper defense.

you misconstrued "I". I was merely talking about how I smashed your troops that day. As well as Wes and the other guys. all at the same time. As far as my boasting. I am boasting on how Kodiak Corps wrecked your alliance. Not a singular but a plural. WE are many yet we are ONE. Something I guess you don't understand. Unit cohesion is important, as SuperFriends are finding out right now. I won't post here further. Your not worth our time anymore. We got bigger game to hunt now. kittens-->tomcats (hopefully one day we'll get that lion).

There may not be an "I" in team but there is a "ME"! LOL. There is also a meat, mate, tame, mat, ate, and a few other words, but there obviously isn't a GATO in team nor a a team in GATO.