The Third Court

Sargun II

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1295199053' post='2577269']
I have a perhaps odd concern, but it seems to me if something on this order of magnitude was done, in a way that could intercept a large volume of missiles, wouldn't the rounds fired from the AA shells when gravity kicks in cause quite a bit of damage in and of itself
[/quote]
As long as the autocannons aren't shooting close or directly vertically, they should be fine. If that can't be avoided, then shells filled with buck shots would minimize the damage if they fall back onto the autocannons as long as the autocannons are armored.

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, lolnuking is allowed but you cannot replenish nukes?

If so could I have 3 rolls for a lolnuking against Pravus? Two for New York and one for Washington D.C, all three coming from three different rogue submarines. Should be great fun whether they are shot down or not. :3

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1295206388' post='2577445']
As far as I know, lolnuking is allowed but you cannot replenish nukes?

If so could I have 3 rolls for a lolnuking against Pravus? Two for New York and one for Washington D.C, all three coming from three different rogue submarines. Should be great fun whether they are shot down or not. :3
[/quote]

I think the unwritten rule is that you need a nation to nuke in the first place, when you dropped Labrador you also dropped everything it owned, especially considering you did not specify there was a group of submarines that were independent from the state.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1295221649' post='2577839']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97165

Well, my government asked UKIM to take over Labrador but Pravus Ingrou stuck his nose where it didn't belong. My government doesn't like that. Past government that is.
[/quote]
It's IC. And since it does not violate any CNRP laws, it will have to be dealt with IC.

You asked for an OOC explanation, he gave it. He has not written the post yet for the attack, he asked for the rolls first. If it hasn't happened ICly how can it be metagaming by giving you the explanation for an action he will be performing later?

With nuclear actions, the attack needs to be written before the rolls are given. Otherwise, he can just fail and then not have to RP out the launching because he would have failed. So I, as the one being attacked, would at least like to see the attack RP'd out first.

Also, I still need my two rolls for hacking into his intranet, which would prevent him from launching the nukes in the first place. Let's not put the wagon before the horse here.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1295226881' post='2577937']
The intranet attack would have come before your nation collapsed, and would have continued to ensure that no nuclear weapons would have been launched. Because your government was obviously unstable with no regard for human life.
[/quote]
You can't hijack submarines by hacking through the internet unless if the submarines' crew were stupid enough to try to have an internet connection and you somehow found the correct IP addresses out of the 3+ billion IP combinations.

How can you hack an intranet?

An intranet has no outside connection to the Internet.
Meaning you need men on the ground to manually access his computer panels.
Which I believe would need a spy roll to find his nuclear base, and a roll to get the intranet password, then rolls to disable ground based nukes.

Sub based missiles are not launched from land based command centres but from the subs.

So by my logic you can't even stop the nukes at sea.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1295225178' post='2577906']
What was the OoC action? I am, ICly, attacking Pravus with nuclear weapons after he, ICly, took control of a territory that my government, ICly, asked UKIM to take control of.
[/quote]

Incorrect. This is an OOC action. Your government doesn't exist, and a [b]rogue[/b] submarine means that, even if it did, it was not associated with the government in the first place. Further, you stated yourself that this is a "lolnuking", and then [b]later[/b] gave an IC explanation for it.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1295226881' post='2577937']
The intranet attack would have come before your nation collapsed, and would have continued to ensure that no nuclear weapons would have been launched. Because your government was obviously unstable with no regard for human life.
[/quote]

Pravus, slbm's are launched by their commanders, not a central authority. If the commanders have the codes your attacks wont do anything.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1295227079' post='2577943']
Alright, but how does this effect submarines? Just curious.
[/quote]

The second roll (if the hacking in is successful) is to shut down your ability to be able to launch nukes. A lot of that stuff is computerized now anyways, so if I got in, I could shut it down. That, again, is pursuant to both rolls being successful, however.

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1295227107' post='2577945']
OOC: Pravus just back off alright, stop harassing the kid
[/quote]

I'm not harassing him. I am explaining the timeline of events that have to take place, in order. That's not harassing. That's making sure things are done correctly. Maybe you should stop being butthurt because I played something consistently ICly and you didn't get your own way.