Best and Worst Military Alliances (2010 Edition)

Batallion

882 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='CoffeeshopFrank' timestamp='1283457240' post='2439418']
Biased polls are biased. You should make it so that all of the mentioned alliances are in both polls.
[/quote]
But that would make it impossible for people to vote for anyone except who he wants you to vote for. Blasphemy! :o

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the likes of TOP, FAN, Gremlins and others on the worst alliance list would be a joke though. As would having many of the worst ones on the top list. I guess some sort of nomination system would be a good way but I don't put any stock in OWF polls anyway. People just spam in favour of their alliance and/or their allies rather than actually vote honestly. A discussion/debate is a bit better because if someone posts something retarded you can at least call them out on it.

Also, I echo the thoughts of Bigwoody and SteveBiscuits. Everyone has pretty much sussed out the war system by now. The only real differences in skill these days are down to who is prepared to spend more time refreshing their nation.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1283436836' post='2439128']
I am surprised to see so few votes on Monos Archein tbh. In my opinion they're clearly the weakest link in SuperFriends.
[/quote]
They're TOO irrelevant.

[quote name='CoffeeshopFrank' timestamp='1283457240' post='2439418']
Biased polls are biased. You should make it so that all of the mentioned alliances are in both polls.
[/quote]
No. The best fighters shouldn't be up for the worst. It's stupid and you must include 10 awesome and 10 !@#$%*. You would just be limiting the pool of alliances to choose from.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1283442838' post='2439191']
Are you sure ? I get that 4 million tech is a lot, but facing the odds that they did I'm sure they would have eventually surrendered but the war would have lasted maybe twice as long if not longer---or the latter, they would have won. Hell of a different world, if they had won...
[/quote]
They would not have been facing long odds if they had had 4 million tech. Jesus.

They had about 650 nations. If they had had 4 million tech, they would have had an average tech of a little over 6K.

Over 600 nations where the mean tech is around 6K? Yeah there isn't an army capable of stopping such a force.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283480224' post='2439761']
They would not have been facing long odds if they had had 4 million tech. Jesus.

They had about 650 nations. If they had had 4 million tech, they would have had an average tech of a little over 6K.

Over 600 nations where the mean tech is around 6K? Yeah there isn't an army capable of stopping such a force.
[/quote]
I dunno, TOP in it's prime...

:awesome:

[quote name='Blue Lightning' timestamp='1283481767' post='2439792']

:awesome:
[/quote]

Ok we get it, TOP in its prime was uber scary and had epic stats. I still wants LM's tech level :rolleyes:

:lol1:

[quote name='Blue Lightning' timestamp='1283481767' post='2439792']
[/quote]
TOP in its prime had a mean tech around that level, and about a third as many nations. Doesn't take rocket science to figure out that the alliance getting tripleteamed is losing to the other one ;)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283488404' post='2439920']
TOP in its prime had a mean tech around that level, and about a third as many nations. Doesn't take rocket science to figure out that the alliance getting tripleteamed is losing to the other one ;)
[/quote]
Tripleteamed at the top? I doubt it.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283480224' post='2439761']

[/quote]
They started the war with about 940 actually :v:

[/quote]
You're forgetting TOP's "legendariness" factor which apparently overcomes any statistical disadvantage.

I wasn't being serious by the way.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1283480156' post='2439759']
They're TOO irrelevant.

No. The best fighters shouldn't be up for the worst. It's stupid and you must include 10 awesome and 10 !@#$%*. You would just be limiting the pool of alliances to choose from.
[/quote]
But if the choices of "best" and the "!@#$" alliances are determined by the poll maker, then that would suggest that the poll is biased...which it is :P

[/quote]

It doesn't take rocket science simply because this is neither a rocket nor science. Indeed, it would take probability and statistics to determine that...

[quote name='Blue Lightning' timestamp='1283489217' post='2439932']
You're forgetting TOP's "legendariness" factor which apparently overcomes any statistical disadvantage.

[/quote]

What, you mean their legendary failure to fight in losing wars, ever?

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1283488623' post='2439926']
They started the war with about 940 actually :v:
[/quote]
Wellllll... there were a decent number of smaller ghosts on the AA.

Losing wars does wonders for ghostbusting those guys :)

[quote name='Blue Lightning' timestamp='1283489217' post='2439932']

[/quote]
lol

Yeah fair enough.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1283494799' post='2440070']
But if the choices of "best" and the "!@#$" alliances are determined by the poll maker, then that would suggest that the poll is biased...which it is :P
[/quote]
Yes, but even a biased poll with 20 options for each should at least include the top 3 unless the pollster really sucks.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1283530032' post='2440459']
Yes, but even a biased poll with 20 options for each should at least include the top 3 unless the pollster really sucks.
[/quote]

[sarcasm]Dude, you obviously don't know nothing. On the other hand, this poll was made by "someone who actually knows things".[/sarcasm]