SoTW #14: Voting

SinOfNemesis

Which sig is the best?  

204 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1282541062' post='2427338']
In the words of the TF2 Heavy, cry some more.

Oh and I wish I was as cool as you, Chey. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm not crying. Not nearly as much as some others in here anyway. I am simply saying that in the interest of credibility that this competition not change the rules, nor create consolation prizes mid-contest. If it feels that in the future a ribbon for the "real" artists is needed it should be done before the vote is started and not during or after.[/color]

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1282517299' post='2426971']
Using the Topaz Labs bundle add-on that I acquired legally as well as my CS5. <_<
[/quote]

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the extra thousand dollars that I have in the bank.

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1282548229' post='2427466']
No no, I think he'll like it.

Here ya go, Chey. I believe now!

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/24q387m.png[/IMG]
[code][IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/24q387m.png[/IMG][/code]
[/quote]

Well done, well done.

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1282548229' post='2427466']
No no, I think he'll like it.

Here ya go, Chey. I believe now!

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/24q387m.png[/IMG]
[code][IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/24q387m.png[/IMG][/code]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yes, an "award" that mocks Chey and his accomplishment simply because a few regulars here are upset they didn't win is going to do wonders for the credibility of this contest.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282583347' post='2427866']
[color="#0000FF"]Yes, an "award" that mocks Chey and his accomplishment simply because a few regulars here are upset they didn't win is going to do wonders for the credibility of this contest.[/color]
[/quote]
I'll be first in line with a submission when you create your own [i]real[/i] CN art competition. Get'r done.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1282576397' post='2427749']
Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the extra thousand dollars that I have in the bank.
[/quote]
[quote name='der Rote Baron' timestamp='1282584691' post='2427885']
Well that was a waste of money.
[/quote]
Not when your boss pays for it all because he thinks it could be lucrative for the company. :D

[/quote]

You keep talking about this credibility thing? :lol1:

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1282583195' post='2427864']
I love all the elitest artists bawwwwwwwing that my work is somehow "not art".

"No, it's luuuuuulz!"
[/quote]

That's because they do not know that you are a true Andy Warhol.

[/quote]

With your mindset of thinking, if you were an English teacher and I handed in an essay with every third word spelt wrong and the middle of every sentence capitalized, I would receive from you an A. Originality and standing out from the rest is what is key, right? That must be the meaning for the blue text as well.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1282609844' post='2428356']
In a graphics competition? Yes.
[/quote]

My point, in the rest of my sarcastic post, that even if it's original and stands out, it still has to look visually appealing. I understand that some people find a urinal with !@#$ in it visually appealing. I can only assume that the people that find my latter visual appealing are the same the same that find an ms paint sig appealing.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1282613398' post='2428449']
My point, in the rest of my sarcastic post, that even if it's original and stands out, it still has to look visually appealing. I understand that some people find a urinal with !@#$ in it visually appealing. I can only assume that the people that find my latter visual appealing are the same the same that find an ms paint sig appealing.
[/quote]

Which would be valid if it were !@#$, but it's really not.

There's something to be said for simplicity.

Because the rest are hardly innovative pieces of your friendly neighbourhood photoshop wizardry genericness, I picked New Frontier's. Not really because of the usual "hurrpp duurufp paint heagh haw" reasoning, but because it was honestly the only one that even somehow stood apart there.