Calling out bad formating in posts

Lord Strider

This is a memo to all of you people out there that think changing you post format is the new hip thing to do. It is not ok. It makes me want to abuse my children when I come across one of your posts. Please have respect for other people on these forums and not attempt to be unique, if have that much of an identity crisis go get a tattoo or something. When I have to highlight your post to read it there is a problem. Thank you and have a good day.

LS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=81393&view=findpost&p=2196163&hl=ignore&fromsearch=1] If they dont seem to be easy to read, there is always the option of deeming them not willing to be read[/url]

I know i used the knowledge imparted by that link today, twice.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1282236142' post='2423195']
Who are you talking to man? I did use normal text, thats just a link....
[/quote]

I am talking about the post above mine, you must have him on ignore. Sorry for the confusion, I would have have quoted his text; but I didn't have that abomination in my post.

[quote name='Shakira' timestamp='1282236175' post='2423197']
[color="#FF0000"]Do you promise not to abuse your children?[/color]
[/quote]

I think my children would thank you every night in their prayers.

Edited by Lord Strider

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1282236283' post='2423199']
I am talking about the post above mine, you must have him on ignore. Sorry for the confusion, I would have have quoted his text; but I didn't have that abomination in my post.

I think my children would thank you every night in their prayers.
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]You got it then.[/color]

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1282232123' post='2423147']
This is a memo to all of you people out there that think changing you post format is the new hip thing to do. It is not ok. [b]It makes me want to abuse my children[/b] when I come across one of your posts. Please have respect for other people on these forums and not attempt to be unique, if have that much of an identity crisis go get a tattoo or something. When I have to highlight your post to read it there is a problem. Thank you and have a good day.

LS
[/quote]
I agree with the overall theme of this post, but this is going too far. Very distasteful.

The first person to use colored text was interesting, because his posts at least had content. But now... I don't even go through the trouble of selecting yellow or other low visibility texts just to see some contrast so i can read them. So, I agree with the point you made in this post, but just like Karolina said, the post is distasteful.

They're his children, he can hit them with-

On second thought, I'm not going there. Then again, debatably "distasteful" jokes don't rob this topic of its message.

Edit: I added quotation marks because I felt my side of the issue was too subtle. Now that it's a blunt sentence, I'll drive it home by saying you all are being overdramatic.

Edited by hawk_11

Not liking jokes about child abuse.

Yes. I'm [i]absolutely[/i] too sensitive because, ya' know, it would be [i]absolutely[/i] acceptable to use that joke with your colleagues, or your family.

Ironic that a post correcting a very minor annoyance contains such a glaringly unacceptable comment.

Anyway, this is diverging from the point so I shall not say any more.

Glaringly unacceptable from your perspective, maybe. I hear these kinds of jokes among peers and colleagues daily. You may now proceed to write the company I spend my time with as "ill-refute" or some other classy sounding insult.

[quote name='Karolina' timestamp='1282241123' post='2423284']
Not liking jokes about child abuse.

Yes. I'm [i]absolutely[/i] too sensitive because, ya' know, it would be [i]absolutely[/i] acceptable to use that joke with your colleagues, or your family.

Ironic that a post correcting a very minor annoyance contains such a glaringly unacceptable comment.

Anyway, this is diverging from the point so I shall not say any more.
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]I think everyone could tell he was just joking about that... >_>[/color]

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1282236283' post='2423199']
[/quote]

Ah, now i see the full pleasure and bliss that the ignore function is. My Apologies for not looking closely between my response and yours.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1282244505' post='2423339']
Ah, now i see the full pleasure and bliss that the ignore function is. My Apologies for not looking closely between my response and yours.
[/quote]

Thanks for that little trick. There are a few people who shall promptly go on my ignore list. When all that comes out of their mouths is 'NOU!, REMEMBER THIS?!!' and they do it over and over til my ears are bleeding, I feel dumber for reading it.