In Response to Recent Drama

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281587338' post='2412226']
Why shouldn't I? I was the best friend you guys had in GATO and you !@#$ all over me for it. If that isn;t something to take personally.......
[/quote]

I think you need to cool down a bit and maybe reexamine what happened. Talking to you right now is like talking to a brick wall. Yes. We were being jerks. I would say rightfully considering the !@#$ GATO just pulled on us. You just happened to be the most vocal member of GATO there and was therefore the target of the debate.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281587776' post='2412250']
You made seem that way. Why dump all your anger on me? What did I do to deserve it? I was the convenient GATO face so I got the kick to the nuts for something I fought hard against?

Really nice of you to treat a pal like that. Good show.
[/quote]
You defended it! Did you think we needed to be chastised or something?

Look, Im really sorry that things happened that way. It wasn't meant to be a slap at you, but you were there, you fought back against our tirades, and thats what resulted.

I really am sorry, even if you're not.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281588002' post='2412257']
You defended it! Did you think we needed to be chastised or something?

Look, Im really sorry that things happened that way. It wasn't meant to be a slap at you, but you were there, you fought back against our tirades, and thats what resulted.

I really am sorry, even if you're not.
[/quote]

I only fought back because it was aimed at me. It's not like I was watching you give Omni an earful or something.

What sad is I wasn't even as hard on you guys as my own members. They got it worse and it wasn't even appreciated by the people I was fighting for. Oh well. Choose who you care about better in the future I guess. Lesson learned. Thanks.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281588253' post='2412261']
I only fought back because it was aimed at me. It's not like I was watching you give Omni an earful or something.

What sad is I wasn't even as hard on you guys as my own members. They got it worse and it wasn't even appreciated by the people I was fighting for. Oh well. Choose who you care about better in the future I guess. Lesson learned. Thanks.
[/quote]
I still care about you Magic :wub: .

[/quote]

What exactly are you looking for then? An apology? You got that already. Do you want praise for what you did? Or like a medal or something? Hell I didn't know the NSO could apologize and you just ignore them. Lame dude. Very lame.

[/quote]
Yeah, you weren't appreciated even though you're being apologized to, in public, for the way you were treated unfairly.

And you're saying that 3 or 4 people make up the entirety of all of the folks who were involved in the relationship between our two alliances? Hell, I dont think im even registered on GATO's forums. You're painting in as broad strokes as we were by grouping you with the rest of your government.

It wasn't directed at you in the first place.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281588640' post='2412269']
Yeah, you weren't appreciated even though you're being apologized to, in public, for the way you were treated unfairly.

And you're saying that 3 or 4 people make up the entirety of all of the folks who were involved in the relationship between our two alliances? Hell, I dont think im even registered on GATO's forums. You're painting in as broad strokes as we were by grouping you with the rest of your government.

It wasn't directed at you in the first place.
[/quote]

I was talking about you, Heggo, Krunk, jrenster, Heft all ripping on me mostly on GATO but you threw in personal shots. You are all people I know and considered real friends at NSO. At least it wasn't Lint himself.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1281588518' post='2412268']
What exactly are you looking for then? An apology? You got that already. Do you want praise for what you did? Or like a medal or something? Hell I didn't know the NSO could apologize and you just ignore them. Lame dude. Very lame.
[/quote]

Too late for apologies. Honestly you're right why should I care and feel backstabbed by them. They wouldn't care about something like that either I'm sure.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281588889' post='2412275']
I was talking about you, Heggo, Krunk, jrenster, Heft all ripping on me mostly on GATO but you threw in personal shots. You are all people I know and considered real friends at NSO. At least it wasn't Lint himself.
[/quote]
How am I your friend? We've never even had a conversation before. The only person I even know and get along with from GATO is Esau. Im sorry you feel that way, nonetheless.

And I only joined in once you started ripping into us. Once again, Im sorry for that. But thats how it was for me.[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281588958' post='2412276']
Too late for apologies. Honestly you're right why should I care and feel backstabbed by them. They wouldn't care about something like that either I'm sure.
[/quote]
No.

We kinda do care about being backstabbed. Thats kind of how this whole issue started...

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281589070' post='2412282']
How am I your friend? We've never even had a conversation before. The only person I even know and get along with from GATO is Esau. Im sorry you feel that way, nonetheless.

And I only joined in once you started ripping into us. Once again, Im sorry for that. But thats how it was for me.
No.

We kinda do care about being backstabbed. Thats kind of how this whole issue started...
[/quote]

Fine you aren't my friend then.

Then you won;t mind if I feel betrayed by you for the kick to the nuts after all I did for you.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281588889' post='2412275']
[/quote]
Considering I only even noticed the chat after you started trying to make GATO canceling the treaty my personal fault and that most of what I said was about GATO and not you specifically I'm not really sure I understand your position here.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281589296' post='2412286']

Then you won;t mind if I feel betrayed by you for the kick to the nuts after all I did for you.
[/quote]
I do mind that you feel betrayed, thats why Im apologizing.

But you know how it feels, right? This sense of betrayal after giving a friend the benefit of the doubt, and then seeing that trust apparently completely misplaced? Only in our case it was an emotional response. And literally right afterwards its regretted.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281589436' post='2412292']
I do mind that you feel betrayed, thats why Im apologizing.

But you know how it feels, right? This sense of betrayal after giving a friend the benefit of the doubt, and then seeing that trust apparently completely misplaced? Only in our case it was an emotional response. And literally right afterwards its regretted.
[/quote]

How do you know Omni's response wasn't emotional or that many involved didn't regret it once it was done? Because the treaty stayed canceled? It stayed canceled on a !@#$ technicality which is now no longer in effect because of things like this.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281588958' post='2412276']
Too late for apologies.
[/quote]

The truth is you WANT to feel wronged by them. You had ample opportunity to walk away from that conversation before feelings got hurt yet you stayed. You had people giving you good advice to get out while friendships could be maintained yet you choose to stay so you could goad and taunt and cuss. You then play yourself as a victim [i]successfully I might add[/i] and get multiple apologies and still it's not enough. That says to me that you don't actually care about those so called friendships you spoke of and you don't care about your alliance. The best way forward would be to admit mistakes were made and move forward. Not to deliberately put yourself in a bad position then complain about it afterwards.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1281589862' post='2412307']
The truth is you WANT to feel wronged by them. You had ample opportunity to walk away from that conversation before feelings got hurt yet you stayed. You had people giving you good advice to get out while friendships could be maintained yet you choose to stay so you could goad and taunt and cuss. You then play yourself as a victim [i]successfully I might add[/i] and get multiple apologies and still it's not enough. That says to me that you don't actually care about those so called friendships you spoke of and you don't care about your alliance. The best way forward would be to admit mistakes were made and move forward. Not to deliberately put yourself in a bad position then complain about it afterwards.
[/quote]

They flushed those friendships. So, no I don't really care anymore. I don't have energy to waste on people who do things as they did to people trying to help them.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281589860' post='2412306']
How do you know Omni's response wasn't emotional or that many involved didn't regret it once it was done? Because the treaty stayed canceled? It stayed canceled on a !@#$ technicality which is now no longer in effect because of things like this.
[/quote]
How are we supposed to know? The only ones that have said anything about it are you and Omni, and Omni only shows up to make up another random excuse for why he took this step. Clearly if it was a purely emotional response he would have been willing to apologize for it rather than try out a couple of new justifications each day since this was announced.

If there was regret for it, you wouldn't have needed to try convincing them all.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281589296' post='2412286']

[/quote]
Magic, I told you in our query that they were heated and it wasn't a personal slight against you. You just got to hear the brunt of their frustration since you were the only one actively communicating with them. I also told you that when they cooled down, you'd get your apology because they would realize you got !@#$ on unfairly. You're getting yourself too worked up. If I were you I'd walk away for a bit, sleep on it, and hopefully you'll all be good in the morning.

Edited by ConeBone69

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281590287' post='2412320']
How are we supposed to know? The only ones that have said anything about it are you and Omni, and Omni only shows up to make up another random excuse for why he took this step. Clearly if it was a purely emotional response he would have been willing to apologize for it rather than try out a couple of new justifications each day since this was announced.

If there was regret for it, you wouldn't have needed to try convincing them all.
[/quote]

If there wasn't regret they wouldn't have been so easily convinced. Omni is continuing emotionally just as we all are here. We truly were friends which is why this break up is so bad. It's a shame we all continue to make it all worse. Probably no going back at this point. It was nice knowing you all. Stay on your side of brown we'll stay over here and that will be that.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281590454' post='2412324']
If there wasn't regret they wouldn't have been so easily convinced. Omni is continuing emotionally just as we all are here. We truly were friends which is why this break up is so bad. It's a shame we all continue to make it all worse. Probably no going back at this point. It was nice knowing you all. Stay on your side of brown we'll stay over here and that will be that.
[/quote]

If your two alliances were truely friends you would have never used such a BS excuse to cancel. End of story.

Also, why would they ever trust you guys again?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281583442' post='2412110']
This is a complete lie. I'll log dump if nessicary to prove it. I approached NSO and asked why hadn't we been informed. Heft says lol don't worry about it. I say ummm no it's pretty damn important. Then he explains and sends logs. RV then enters the channel. I query RV and ask why we weren't informed. RV keeps apologizing and then says that NSO will jump to peace mode and see if they can ride it out there. Saying one thing we're good at is playing martyr. Next I'm told to go into the war planning channel. I tell RV "I'm not going to pull an IRON in GWIII, but I probably don't want to join here." I'm told they don't care go ahead and join anyway. I'm then asked several times if I can get our allies to fight against SF. This actually pissed me off a good bit that NSO was requesting that I have some of my allies fight my other allies. I know the story you just told was how RV tried to spin it to you, so I'll give you a pass but I'll gladly show logs as proof if it's necessary. I just normally don't log dump.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Well done on this gross misrepresentation of events. First when you ask why you were not informed, and I explain that it was early in the morning when the events took place, and most of us had just only become available again and found out, telling you as soon as we heard and before any of our other allies. The log then is you spending the next few hours telling me how you thought we handled it well, how you thought the CB was weak, and how you thought the war also an attempt to set up the NPO. This was after I told you our plan was to wait it out in peace mode, or come out in waves, and to do it alone. To which you responded you wished you could be there with us. And as for any apologies, it was towards the situation in general and that it happened. I expressed regret to a supposed friend because we thought highly of you. I'm glad to see that my trust is now being spun against us.

But yes, let's see some snippets:

[17:30] <Omniscientone[gato]> I know I agree completely
[17:30] <Omniscientone[gato]> I read your logs.
[17:30] <Omniscientone[gato]> and I like the way you handled things

[17:35] <Omniscientone[gato]> I know and that's why I don't think this is right.
[17:35] <Omniscientone[gato]> It could be solved by a simple ok "NSO you want to end this pay reps"[/color]

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281590454' post='2412324']
If there wasn't regret they wouldn't have been so easily convinced. Omni is continuing emotionally just as we all are here. We truly were friends which is why this break up is so bad. It's a shame we all continue to make it all worse. [i]Probably no going back at this point.[/i] It was nice knowing you all. Stay on your side of brown we'll stay over here and that will be that.
[/quote]
That was kinda set the moment the cancellation came, personal differences aside. The timing made wounds hard enough to heal already.

I'm just going to say a couple things here.

GATO is an alliance made up of hundreds of members, a couple dozen of which maintain good activity on our forums to the degree that they actively try to influence the way things wrong. Even with this smaller group, there is a wide variety of opinions and viewpoints represented and any discussion can quickly turn very lively. In the past, these discussions even contributed to raging flamewars across the forums and grudges that are still held today. It takes a lot to really unify opinion, depending on what it is.

I know we're not treating you right, NSO, but right now, it seems like you're trying to kill whatever's left of the relationship we once enjoyed. You had people fighting for you. You still have people fighting for you, to a degree. You're alienating more of those people the longer you continually insult us and furthering the cycle that's simply going to destroy any chance of a good relationship in the future.

Relationships are a two-way street. Believe me when I said there are people inside GATO that want to maintain at least some degree of relations with you, myself included. I like you guys. Even with all this, I still think you can be pretty cool people. Even if we don't have a treaty, we can still be friends. I'll do what little I can to encourage good behavior on our side. Can you do the same on your side?

I'm not asking for your trust. I'm simply asking for your friendship.

This treaty should of been canceled long ago, but for you to do it now when they are under attack and not honor the treaty at all is a dishonorable move. This treaty turned out to be worthless in the last war for NSO and I guess nothing has changed since then.