Notice from the Random & Insane Recruitment Offices

So they can raid anyone but will get no support?

This is worse/better than many other raiding AAs that place restrictions on the targets of raids.

Thus I fully support this new AA that places no restrictions on raidin other than might makes right!

Any chance you will relax the team colour requirement - I will gladly sell tech to have no silly "no raid lists" impinging my freedom.

Shine on.

\M/6

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1280169286' post='2389890']
Could you not have just given them permission to use RIA Applicant but never progressed them further?
[/quote]

That would interfere with our recruitment efforts and would be confusing, and also people would not know which of our applicants they can send recruitment messages to without worrying about poaching.

[quote name='M6 Redneck' timestamp='1280169514' post='2389895']
So they can raid anyone but will get no support?

This is worse/better than many other raiding AAs that place restrictions on the targets of raids.

Thus I fully support this new AA that places no restrictions on raidin other than might makes right!

Any chance you will relax the team colour requirement - I will gladly sell tech to have no silly "no raid lists" impinging my freedom.

Shine on.

\M/6
[/quote]

Removing the color requirement would remove a lot of the incentive for us to protect the AA.

Edited by James Dahl

Well it's not really negotiable as there's no real admission process. We've just declared here that we'll protect maroon people who change their AA to RIA Trade Partner, people are free to change their AA but not their color, it's not like we're going to police the AA, and the AA may be enough to deter a raider, but if one decided to attack you anyways and you're not on Maroon you've only met one out of the two criteria for our assistance.

[quote name='M6 Redneck' timestamp='1280171959' post='2389951']
Thanks for the clarification. The AA only counts if it is on Maroon - thus it falls outside anti raid list?

\M/6
[/quote]

Precisely. By being on Maroon and that AA at the same time, that nation has implicitly agreed to the terms of the agreement and is under our protection from raids.
If they change their AA or move off Maroon they have implicitly chosen to depart from the terms of protection.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='M6 Redneck' timestamp='1280172872' post='2389974']
Well I still see this AA getting none to few takers but best of luck with it. Also thank you for helping me understand the OP.

\M/6
[/quote]

It's only existed for about 2 hours, and noone may be interested in the end. In many respects this is an experiment.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1280165693' post='2389809']
The Random Insanity Alliance considers the AA "RIA Trade Partner" under its protection as an extension of the RIA Applicant AA.

Prospective nations who wish to move to this AA must agree to the following terms in order to receive the protection available:
1) The prospective nation must move to Maroon
2) The prospective nation must change their Alliance Affiliation to RIA Trade Partner
3) The prospective nation understands that if they start trouble they will have to deal with the repercussions on their own

Note on protected status:  This protection extends over "arbitrary warfare" (also known as "raiding"), and nations are not protected from the repercussions of actions they have taken against other nations or alliances.

Alliances are not barred from recruiting from this AA, and are free to leave or enter the AA at any time, whether they are at war or not. By changing their team to Maroon and setting their AA as "RIA Trade Partner" they have agreed to the terms of this protection. As such we accept war refugees, raid refugees, disbandment refugees, and those who would like to avoid politics in general.

Up, up Maroon team!

Ogaden, Head of Recruitment for the Random Insanity Alliance
[/quote]
Sounds similar to what Citadel Trading Company was, or... the protection red alliances would give the unaligned if they had the muscle to actually provide it. In general: thumbs up. Allows unaligned nations to remain unaligned but still be protected.

Interesting concept. I wonder if it will have any influence on RIA membership figures as it would perhaps provide some incentive to a new player to taste the benefit of protection that an alliance provides.

Just for clarification, a nation doesn't, at any time, actually have to involve itself in trades with the RIA, right? As long as they wear the AA and are Maroon, they can reside their indefinitely? I support the move either way, as a step of sovereignty and independence if nothing else; I just wanted to make sure I understood.