White Peace Reached

paperwings2007

Running from war? Last I checked, the nations you attacked were mercilessly complained about because they joined NB once we went to war.

1) Isn't that the exact opposite of running from war?
2) Isn't that exactly what you claimed you did, when you 'ran to war'?

So which one is it, are you a coward as well or are they not? Can't have it both ways.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1279480620' post='2377580']
link me to the nations they hit?
[/quote]

2 of them went to war if I recall, and to tell you now, we asked them not to fight.

If they had fought, it woulda been a curbstomp rather than Abyss just not putting up a solid war. Being called cowards for being the second wave (as we fully intended on needing them, since Abyss was requesting for backup in this war and kept calling them out, hard to protect them off Nordic Ballers)

Peace was arranged because it was deemed Abyss wasn't putting up a big enough fight and with the new nations in NB/LE the stats were unfair despite most of them not fighting.

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1279480044' post='2377556']

OOC cellardoor did you steal my sig? O.o
[/quote]

That's what I asked you about earlier and you said go for it. If it's a problem it can be removed. Though I think it's going to be quite relevant for another 23 hours or so. :)

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1279480044' post='2377556']EDIT: clash where did i call NB cowards? i said the opposite of that :/[/quote]
I quoted it in my post.
Did I get that wrong somehow? That does happen sometimes.
It looked pretty self-explanatory.

[quote name='Son of Taeper' date='18 July 2010 - 08:33 AM' timestamp='1279463620' post='2377222']
I recall Abyss as having more nukes than our combined total at war start.
I also recall growth rate as having slowed for a while for no apparent reason which indicated warchests.
As all alliances above them seemed to have their hands full, the only way a war could come, was down.
That would be a 2 on 1 ratio if they chose to hit the alliance below them or about 1 on 1 if they chose to hit the two alliances below them.
Charts show Abyss as having a phenomenal growth rate prior to war with LE. 45, 000 NS give or take a bit compared to 7,000.
NB grew at around 39000. and then lost a few members.
The question is, who saw the war coming?
Abyss were well geared up for it.
At what stage they stopped growth was anyones guess as there was never a formal dec on how large they would grow or who they would amalgamate with.

But to get back to your explanation of a stomp, I'd appreciate some figures please. Tech, NS Infra, Air, Cruise, Warchest, Spys, Trades. How do we define an unfair advantage?
Is it an unfair advantage for me to attack you over update just because I know you can't make updates?
Is It unfair for me to attack you because my stats show I have experience in wars and your stats show you have none?
Where does it end?
[/quote]

You'll deny it to the ends of the earth, which is why it's ignorance. You won't admit what you know is accurate, even without nuke advantage (which I was wrong at, I recall 40 nukes in The Abyss with LE and NB at around 30 each, but I did not pay attention to that as much, only the NS and Nations), LE and NB still had quite the advantageous side, and I'd like figures from you showing it was equal, as I have none. And I mean screenshots. My trust of anyone but my closest friends is 0, which means I trust you would post fake stats.

I defined a 'stomp', so please no more redefining. If you wanted to define it yourself, you shouldn't of asked for a definition.

My point is not to show justice for a 'stomp', no, not at all. It doesn't even have to be considered a 'stomp', just that, you guy's were spitting out inaccurate stats, for both this war, showing it was dead equal ground, and last war, where LE had lost about 10k more NS than CDT, and that was falsified to where it showed CDT had lost about 6k more than LE. Congrats on destroying The Abyss by all means, that's what intelligent people do, but to the extent of twisting stats, is kinda of ludicrous. And bit by bit, even though I did respect LE so highly, I am kind of losing my respect for them, that they would lie not only about this rounds stats, but last rounds as well. No matter the cause of war, you could at least show true stats.

edit-changed some CDT's to The Abyss's, lol, to confusing

Edited by Frostfirefox

Lonewolfe, i checked their war screens for a while and saw nothing, though i've been away for the past few days, if they did war someone then i guess i stand corrected,

Clash, i said that i don't think all of NB are cowards

Cellardoor, nice edit there, didn't know you liked the RoK logo so much, Xerxer will be pleased :P

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1279481122' post='2377608']
Lonewolfe, i checked their war screens for a while and saw nothing, though i've been away for the past few days, if they did war someone then i guess i stand corrected,

Clash, i said that i don't think all of NB are cowards

Cellardoor, nice edit there, didn't know you liked the RoK logo so much, Xerxer will be pleased :P
[/quote]

:P

23 hours and I'll take it down. And you'll have lost more infra than I have. Which you obviously don't care about, and I can respect.

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='18 July 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1279481122' post='2377608']Clash, i said that i don't think all of NB are cowards[/quote]
Oh, I know, that's in the part I quoted.
I'm saying maybe cowardice isn't why those nations didn't fight.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 July 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1279480797' post='2377590']Peace was arranged because it was deemed Abyss wasn't putting up a big enough fight and with the new nations in NB/LE the stats were unfair despite most of them not fighting.
[/quote]
This part is true, btw.

Towards the end of the war, I asked LW why only one of NB's top 7 nations had any wars against the Abyss. That one was only fighting because he was upset about the baw-action goin' on in the other thread. This fact really over-skewed the alliance stats. NB had close to 30,000 ns right there that didn't fight - and it was from the top rung of their nations to boot. Taking this into context, the initial/final ns and nation stat numbers between the alliances in question really weren't as bad as a lot of people are exaggerating them out to be.

I don't think RFA is right about that war being destined for a curbstomp, as the stats of the nations fighting were a lot closer than they are being presented. I also don't think lazaraus is right in saying the nations who didn't fight were being cowards. Both points of view do show what a wide range of perspective there can be on the same situation tho.

Now everyone can hug.
...each other, not their damn infra.

1 hr prior to blitz

[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae28/ttranhl/Alliances_Pre-AbyssWar_Snipped.jpg[/IMG]

1 hr after white peace

[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae28/ttranhl/Alliances_Post-AbyssWar_Snipped.jpg[/IMG]

When plans to hit The Abyss first hatched...

LE: around 46 nations, 2,100 avg NS, 0 Nukes
NB: 43 nations, 2,100 avg NS, 0 Nukes
TA: around 78 nations, 2,300 avg NS, 20ish nukes
(I knew I should have taken some SS)

Betamax was supposed to get involve only when another AA came to TA's help. But RFA public cries for mercy brought them back to the mother AA although all but 1 of them still sat on the sideline.

Curbstomp my $^%

The picture I have asked for

[img]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae28/ttranhl/Alliances_Pre-AbyssWar.jpg[/img]
Provided by Bcortell

Now it was fair pre war, but NB still had 'war growth' of 40k near or after the DoW (seems a bit high for stocking up military)

When I looked at stats, it was when Bacon said take a gander at the stats, so I did, it showing LE 150k, NB 150k and The Abyss, 200k (seemed unfair). So it was fair enough at war's start barring large NB growth of mysterious origin, but fair enough not to matter.

Sorry to all whom I have to be sorry to (I think only one, which is Son of Taeper and recent arguments) I will admit I was wrong on the part of stats. A lesson to all, people should start using screenshots for war stats, seems more logical then leaving it in text or a link to the CN statspage. (still argumentative about last rounds CDT war and both LE's and 'CDTs' (previous CDT members) misconception of it).

I'll be done now, I am content with my findings.

Just for the record, I have no idea why Lazaraus is getting involved in this thread. He is in no way affiliated with The Abyss and we did not know of his rogue plans.

He was not put up to this by Confusion, at least as far as I know. If there is evidence to the contrary you can private message me here or message me on irc. Otherwise please take talks about rogues to a separate thread please :awesome:

also, well fought match to LE and NB. I don't believe in revenge or grudge matches since it is better suited for SE, so those expecting any kind of revenge will be disappointed. I will give them credit though for spying away a large number of nukes and catching us off guard. We certainly did not expect a Monday war :lol1:

Edited by ReadyFireAIm

[quote name='Son of Taeper' date='17 July 2010 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1279399822' post='2376210']
Mmm, I'm thinking you could be correct here.
LE cadet are looking for a good war and to be honest, it's been hard work for the past few weeks.
If you could give me a list of alliances that we could hit it would save me a lot of work.
Is there a particular nation size we should hit? Any particular average NS or do I just go on total NS.
I could look at more than one alliance but I would appreciate the ground rules before engagement.
RE and TPC look good to me as they are pretty well established. I don't want to take on the Superfriends as they are a new alliance and need to settle in before we go in 6 on 153 (we might have 7 members by then of course which may be seen as cheating).
Just some guidlines would be nice if you get the time.
You could even join us if you fancy some experience on the battlefield either attacking or defending as you don't appear to have any experience in either area judging by your stats.
We intend declaring just after tiffin if that helps.
Call me.
[/quote]

LOL, This was funny! You sound like me several rounds ago SoT. I learned a long time ago you just can't please every one, no matter what some one's going to get mad or ticked off.
I just try to have fun playing the game and encourage my peeps to do the same, you see we believe you can be competitive and still have fun :P

I hate When your at war already with an alliance thats a fairly even/fair war and other alliances jump in or even worse seeing an alliance commit that act then whine and complain when it happens to them a round or two later....only with fair odds.

Great work guys!

BG

*PS we knew you were joking about the VS TPC :P

Edited by Burning Glory

This is nice and all, except after 2 NOTIFICATIONS I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN PROTECTED FROM DANZIG. I am getting attacks from him everyday. Attacks I cannot fight off. So if someone would ever so kindly get this guy to stop, it would be nice. but I'm sure I'll be ignored once again.

Here he is:

http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1002258

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='19 July 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1279584628' post='2379535']
This is nice and all, except after 2 NOTIFICATIONS I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN PROTECTED FROM DANZIG. I am getting attacks from him everyday. Attacks I cannot fight off. So if someone would ever so kindly get this guy to stop, it would be nice. but I'm sure I'll be ignored once again.

Here he is:

http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1002258
[/quote]
Why isn't your alliance stepping up to protect you. I don't understand how an alliance can sit there and do nothing. While their member is getting it handed to them!

[quote name='Vukland' date='19 July 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1279586604' post='2379580']
Why isn't your alliance stepping up to protect you. I don't understand how an alliance can sit there and do nothing. While their member is getting it handed to them!
[/quote]

He ghosted GDA and GDA is at war with OP so NB can't do anything about it.

[quote name='Vukland' date='19 July 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1279586604' post='2379580']
[/quote]

He never did anything else but post it here...

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='19 July 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1279588070' post='2379614']
He never did anything else but post it here...
[/quote]
Pretty much. But we've got'em now.

EDIT:

Beiber. Accept/offer peace.

Edited by Shaazzam

I really think it is time to lay off on the posts here.

The war is over. The Abyss, in the end, lost the war. It was a great blitz you all had. Granted, the odds did favor you a bit, but that's always what you want in a war. I was really not expecting the blitz myself. The war is over now though so let's stop this nonsense posting on here.

For those of you who don't know me (or didn't read the original white peace agreement posted in this thread), I am another one of the leaders of The Abyss. I'm pretty quiet until I need to not be. I felt this called for a little say. It got quite out of hand here.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 July 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1279480351' post='2377571']
Someone wake me up from nostalgia land. Before long I'll be expecting Tibs to come in here and tell me I'm doing everything wrong, I might freak out if he did that.
[/quote]

Doing it wrong again.

[quote name='paperwings2007' date='20 July 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1279627431' post='2380428']
I really think it is time to lay off on the posts here.

The war is over. The Abyss, in the end, lost the war. It was a great blitz you all had. Granted, the odds did favor you a bit, but that's always what you want in a war. I was really not expecting the blitz myself. The war is over now though so let's stop this nonsense posting on here.

For those of you who don't know me (or didn't read the original white peace agreement posted in this thread), I am another one of the leaders of The Abyss. I'm pretty quiet until I need to not be. I felt this called for a little say. It got quite out of hand here.
[/quote]
Granted, I think the facts have been laid out regarding a stomp and a pity you could not have posted before the stats were posted.

BG, you are a bit of a cult figure and have been since I joined way back.

Cadet V TPC was meant as an example and a joke but you never can tell how crazy guys are :D