When there is a fork in the road...

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' date='12 June 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1276357447' post='2335008']
Oh damn, this is sad.

Best of luck people.

And when there is a fork in the road..you pick it up! Everyone knows that!

:rolleyes:
[/quote]

Knives in the road however...much trickier.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='12 June 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1276372094' post='2335290']
[color="#0000FF"]I'd like to congratulate UPN on finding new masters in CnG. TFD, you never could rely on UPN anyway. So good riddance.[/color]
[/quote]

Crap. He figured out my plan :(

[quote name='chefjoe' date='12 June 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1276373339' post='2335317']
Bwahahaha, who still says BAPS didnt win the 'war' against UPN? :awesome:
[/quote]

It had more to do with Peggy's statement of UPN's policy one week ago:

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='05 June 2010 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1275765228' post='2324738']
We reaffirm our commitment to good friends in New Polar Order and Orange Defense Network.
[/quote]

And less with the circus both UPN and BAPS managed to set up. There was even an interesting post from a TFD member at the time:

[quote name='Duncan King' date='05 June 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1275778454' post='2325196']
My face and palm are still very sore from Greene's antics last night. I am happy to see that you were not couped as you are definitely a much need voice of intelligence in that alliance.

I must say that it does deeply sadden me to see UPN turning away from its historical allies in CDT and in Purqua and going towards ODN and NpO. It was not that long ago that UPN and Invicta were triple MDoAP tied to each other and now you have only an ODP. Your statement earlier in this thread basically guarantees that you will not defend any of your treatied allies who are not allied to ODN or NpO. I won't argue that things do change, but there is something to be said for consistency and loyalty. At least you are having more class than LoSS and giving your soon to be former allies warning that you are moving away from them instead of cancelling all treaties in one fell swoop.
[/quote]

Im sure it wasnt an easy decision its hard to walk away from a 3 year relationship but alas it appears it must be necessary. I wish TFD nothing but the best as they continue on a path they have chosen. UPN perhaps taking notice of your direction and seeing such long standing relationships going away will finally get you to see the path you have chosen may bring you to your kness instead of taking you up the ladder.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='12 June 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1276373339' post='2335317']
Bwahahaha, who still says BAPS didnt win the 'war' against UPN? :awesome:
[/quote]

Oh man, this wins the award for most inane post of the week. I'm not even sure what kind of jump of logic could create such a statement.

[quote name='joracy' date='12 June 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1276392254' post='2335598']
Oh man, this wins the award for most inane post of the week. I'm not even sure what kind of jump of logic could create such a statement.
[/quote]

Can't say I'm a fan of disagreeing wth CJ, but I agree with joracy here. This has been all but inevitable for a long time before BAPS and UPN had their incident.

All my love for TFD. As for UPN, I am Jack's Growing Sense of Regret.

[quote name='Anu Drake' date='12 June 2010 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1276393703' post='2335618']
Can't say I'm a fan of disagreeing wth CJ, but I agree with joracy here. This has been all but inevitable for a long time before BAPS and UPN had their incident.

All my love for TFD. As for UPN, I am Jack's Growing Sense of Regret.
[/quote]

Eh Anu, my statement was more about kicking UPN again(I know petty) then actually thinking the BAPS issue had anything to do with this cancelation. Though I bet TFD did think something along the lines of 'thank god its allready being canceled' or 'just proves we were right in canceling on UPN' ;)

Then again maybe not :P

[quote name='chefjoe' date='12 June 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1276395647' post='2335654']
Eh Anu, my statement was more about kicking UPN again(I know petty) then actually thinking the BAPS issue had anything to do with this cancelation. Though I bet TFD did think something along the lines of 'thank god its allready being canceled' or 'just proves we were right in canceling on UPN' ;)

[/quote]
Actually, the treaty had already been canceled before the thing between BAPS and UPN flared up and TFD isn't tied to either alliance, so it didn't influence our decision at all. Neither did the attempted coup on Peggy Sue. We canceled mainly because UPN was going one way and we were going the other.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' date='12 June 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1276400222' post='2335771']
Actually, the treaty had already been canceled before the thing between BAPS and UPN flared up and TFD isn't tied to either alliance, so it didn't influence our decision at all. Neither did the attempted coup on Peggy Sue. We canceled mainly because UPN was going one way and we were going the other.
[/quote]

Whoa. Who first brought up talk of downgrading the treaty? UPN.
When did I bring it up? About a month ago.

Don't spin it differently, Duncan King.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='12 June 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1276395647' post='2335654']

[/quote]

Then again, maybe not. ;)

And...Peggy is right. UPN brought it up first. The decision is both of ours, which is why you see both of our sigs and flags on the announcement. Only reason we did the announcement was because we said the word "cancellation" first.

Edited by GearHead

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='13 June 2010 - 05:08 AM' timestamp='1276402088' post='2335824']

[/quote]

Now you look just like a former couple arguing who broke up first :P

[quote name='Lusitan' date='12 June 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1276403243' post='2335848']
Now you look just like a former couple arguing who broke up first :P
[/quote]

It could be worse. It could be a "NO U" war. :wacko:

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='12 June 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1276402088' post='2335824']

[/quote]

Who taught you FA? You are the one spinning... in a death spiral right now...

TomAtoe...ToMAToe ...

o/ TFD
[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif[/img] DK

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='13 June 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1276402088' post='2335824']

[/quote]
Well, that was unnecessary. I don't really see anything that you said that really contradicts what DK said. DK mentioned that the whole BAPS/UPN hilarity didn't influence their decision, and that this was done before it all happened. There isn't any spinning going on, and I don't even see why you would want to make that accusation if you were still friendly towards TFD.

True friends don't need treaties. They'll help each other out anyway

That said, it's just reality that sometimes two alliances move into different directions and that is the case here. But that doesn't mean this can't revert. The CN-treaty web has fundamentally changed so often, I wouldn't rule out anything for the future.