FIFA 2010 World Cup Competition

Batallion

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='StevieG' date='20 June 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1277050047' post='2343816']
I pity those who have Italy :P
[/quote]
Yeah, they lost to Paraguay :smug:

I have France, Portugal and Brazil. I really pay no attention to anyone, save for US, NK and Paraguay. I know France is doing badly but how is Portugal doing?

[quote name='Believland' date='21 June 2010 - 05:12 AM' timestamp='1277050358' post='2343820']
Yeah, they lost to Paraguay :smug:

I have France, Portugal and Brazil. I really pay no attention to anyone, save for US, NK and Paraguay. I know France is doing badly but how is Portugal doing?
[/quote]

Actually they drew with paraguay.

Portugal drew their opening game with the Ivory coast. They probably shaded it.

[quote name='StevieG' date='20 June 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1277050781' post='2343826']
Actually they drew with Paraguay.

Portugal drew their opening game with the Ivory coast. They probably shaded it.
[/quote]
I don't think you got the joke... [img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7946/paraguayx.png[/img]

And thanks for the heads up with Portugal

[quote name='Lusitan' date='21 June 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1277129415' post='2345163']
Maybe someone will want to review the position about Portugal :P
[/quote]

They did play arguably the worst team in the tournament, but they did look damn good against them. We'll see how good they are when they face Brazil.

Gonna start making a loser's table for all the... losers, lol. Will start removing the countries which have lost from the front page as well, and make some updates there.

It's also great to see Ghana, Germany, USA, England, Argentina, South Korea, Mexico, Uruguay advance so far. Looks like I made some great bets (along with JW Conner) :smug:
Portugal is almost guaranteed to make it, unless Cote D'ivoire can get like 10 goals or something LMAO.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='23 June 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1277349129' post='2348399']
USA! USA! USA!

Their match today was awesome. :D
[/quote]

I've never wanted a beer at 10AM more in my entire life. I almost flipped my desk over at work when I saw the goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.

USA USA USA

I wish I had played - Germany & Netherlands seem to be rolling along.

Anyone want to make a 100 tech prop bet, South America vs. the rest of the world? [url=http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/]Nate Silver[/url] has the aggregate odds at 52-48 in favour of the the rest of the world, so I'm practically giving tech away here.

[quote name='Schad' date='24 June 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1277361608' post='2348535']
Anyone want to make a 100 tech prop bet, South America vs. the rest of the world? [url=http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/]Nate Silver[/url] has the aggregate odds at 52-48 in favour of the the rest of the world, so I'm practically giving tech away here.
[/quote]
I'm going with rest of the World, eh? :P

[quote name='NorthernLights' date='24 June 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1277358782' post='2348506']
I've never wanted a beer at 10AM more in my entire life. I almost flipped my desk over at work when I saw the goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.

USA USA USA

I wish I had played - Germany & Netherlands seem to be rolling along.
[/quote]
Yeah, if my nephew was old enough to talk, I would have just taught him all the profanity he would have heard for his whole life.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='24 June 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1277400334' post='2348838']
I'm going with rest of the World, eh? :P
[/quote]

That's a yes? Okay, if Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, or Uruguay win the Cup = 100 tech for me. Anyone else = 100 tech for you.

[quote name='Schad' date='24 June 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1277405548' post='2348923']
That's a yes? Okay, if Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, or Uruguay win the Cup = 100 tech for me. Anyone else = 100 tech for you.
[/quote]

Separate from your bet with fizzydog, want to place a 50 tech bet with me on the same thing? So, if Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, or Uruguay wins the World Cup I'll send you 50 tech, anyone else you send me 50 tech.

[quote name='Jyrinx' date='24 June 2010 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1277408965' post='2348985']
Separate from your bet with fizzydog, want to place a 50 tech bet with me on the same thing? So, if Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, or Uruguay wins the World Cup I'll send you 50 tech, anyone else you send me 50 tech.
[/quote]

Done. I should probably stop at 150, though, before my gambling turns me into a tech-farm for the whole of Bob.

Yeah, I'm hella excited.
Argentina moved on very nicely...arguably the most impressive of all the nations thus far.
Mexico looked good while moving on in Group A.
USA freakin gave me a coronary, but still pulled off the impossible and won the group.

PLUS, very good draw for the US. Ghana, then Uruguay most likely. Definite possibility of a final 4 draw.

It'll just be my luck though...started with 3 out of 32, now sitting with 3 out of 16. Gonna be some good times.