FIFA 2010 World Cup Competition

Batallion

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='26 June 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1277571408' post='2351044']
I'm not much up to date: how is Germany doing?
[/quote]

Germany faces England tomorrow; if they win, they'll face the winner of the Argentina/Mexico game in the quarterfinals.

[quote name='JoshuaR' date='25 June 2010 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1277409088' post='2348987']
If anyone wants a side bet of the US-Ghana game, I'll take the US for 100 tech, even odds.
[/quote]
I should have taken that bet.

Well, I was sitting pretty with 3 teams in the Round of 16, til I realized Mexico and Argentina were playing each other...D'OH!

So with the US out, I'll have 1 team in the quarters. At least that team is Argentina and is playing the best, outside maybe Uruguay, so far in the World Cup.

[quote name='JWConner' date='27 June 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1277640109' post='2351815']
Well, I was sitting pretty with 3 teams in the Round of 16, til I realized Mexico and Argentina were playing each other...D'OH!

So with the US out, I'll have 1 team in the quarters. At least that team is Argentina and is playing the best, outside maybe Uruguay, so far in the World Cup.
[/quote]

Hah, good luck against Germany. You'll get run over like England.

[quote name='Batallion' date='27 June 2010 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1277654562' post='2351912']
[/quote]

The other teams in the last 16 don't suck as much as England

[quote name='Batallion' date='27 June 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1277654562' post='2351912']
[/quote]

I dunno. Freakin Argentina dismantled a VERY good Mexican team. Granted, their first goal shouldn't have counted, but the other 2 were just fine.

Argentina v Brazil final. :D

Mehico :( Agree with JWC above though, they played pretty good football throughout and have nothing to be ashamed of.

I guess I'll just have to settle for Chile stuffing Brazil tonight to take home the victory for attractive attacking football.

Post-match edit: Oh well.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Heh, my bet on South America looked great through the first half of the Brazil-Netherlands game. It looked decidedly less great after the Suarez handball. It still looks extremely iffy (need Argentina to run the table against tough competition or more Uruguayan miracles), but there's still hope.

And the Dutch march forward.

Uruguay only got through because of a blatant piece of cheating/gamesmanship, but Ghana most definitely choked also.

However, in my opinion, two great games that I enjoyed watching.

I am so gutted Ghana are out, they honestly deserved to go through. Sucks to be Gyan right now :S...

But yeah Germany vs Argentina will be epic game to watch.

Hey didn't D34TH say anyone who doesn't bet on Brazil is sc***ed?! LOL

Edited by Scorponok

[quote name='Schad' date='02 July 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1278106796' post='2358107']
(need [s]Argentina to run the table against tough competition or[/s] more Uruguayan miracles)
[/quote]

:P

Talk about domination. 4-0 for Germany.

Edited by Jyrinx