Why don't the big alliances merge together?

This may seem like a stupid question, but I don't see why there is no alliance out there with 1000+ members yet. Why haven't several of the big alliances formed into one huge one that can bully any other alliance?

If it's possible to do, I think that we should try it!

Because then it would stop being fun for everyone; the big alliance people because no-one could challenge them, and everyone else because they'd get picked on unless they managed to join the megalliance

And organisation would be near-to-impossible on a good day

Or at least that's what I think

Edited by Chee Auer

Honestly if it happened i dont think people would react any differently then in real life. Eventually alliances would cut ties, reoganize, and basically have a civil uprise. Also its alot more difficult to get to leader of big alliances to agree on anything that would resemble a merge,

All valid reasons, but they don't really explain why it hasn't happened yet. Personally, I'd love to be part of a 2000+ member alliance and it would just grow larger! Of course it would have many separate divisions, but you could just declare war for the fun of it and trash any alliances which didn't join you. Great fun!

At one point there were alliances of that size. They fell out of fashion because it's a nightmare dealing with that kind of numbers. There are a few alliance's that still try to get that large, though

Edited by flak attack

Sparta, NPO, TOP, MK, GPA, NpO, ODN merger 2010.

It wont happen because people are inherrently greedy and want to be in government. By merging alliances, you might lose your spot. Large alliances are also far more difficult to organise than mid sized ones.

Legion used to be 1500 strong, as did GOONS iirc. The ODN, GGA and NPpO were all over 1000. But it was difficult to organise, and there were a lot of inactive.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='iMatt' date='28 May 2010 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1275075566' post='2314828']
wouldn't take long before the rest of CN allies against you and then the 'fun' is over :P
[/quote]

/me thinks back to NPO

But seriously where is the fun in that? If everyone in the game is one alliance and if someone doesn't want to be they get trashed... then we're essentially playing Cyber Nations without alliances. That's the entire point of an alliance, is to ally with others and gain power. If one alliance has basically the entire CN population, then it will no longer be a game.

Edited by Ironfist

[quote name='King Laurence' date='28 May 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1275072715' post='2314767']
This may seem like a stupid question, but I don't see why there is no alliance out there with 1000+ members yet. Why haven't several of the big alliances formed into one huge one that can bully any other alliance?

If it's possible to do, I think that we should try it!
[/quote]

Being able to bully anyone isn't the same as being able to bully EVERYONE.

[u][b]Quick Answer:[/b][/u]

[list]
[*]There is no shortage of people who play Cybernations who are desperate for power.
[*]Everyone would try to hi-jack the large alliance
[*]People would just join the large alliance's AA, and declare war on others in the alliance - which would be hard to know whats going on
[*]Kind of pointless... Imagine merging Germany with France... would destroy both countrie's Styles and Culture..
[/list]