A Joint Announcement by the Orange Defense Network and Sparta

[quote name='Enzos' date='05 May 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1273102931' post='2288226']
TOOL has the respect from almost all of Sparta. ( I say almost because some of our hundreds of members just won't post on our forums :( ) but the ones who do have only good things too say, it's a shame we are not allies :P
[/quote]
But if you were allies, who would you fight in the next war? :ph34r:

also, good luck with the treaty

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='William Blake' date='06 May 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1273169708' post='2289178']
But if you were allies, who would you fight in the next war? :ph34r:

also, good luck with the treaty
[/quote]

Thanks for wishing us good luck :)
To answer your question.. Common enemies I guess :P It's not impossible that the treaty web will colapse and reform. The future is a mysterious thingy. Only thing that is certain that we will have a very orange summer in Sparta :awesome:

The ODN shared a foxhole with Sparta in the Derp War and liked it. Now we have a treaty.

[i]"The next time there is a war in which either signatory is attacked, I hope that the ODN and Sparta enjoy a similar experience of foxhole-sharing. I don't know of anybody in the ODN who expressed anything other than an appreciation and respect for Sparta's efforts in backing up their treatied partners. Although we were not one of those alliances, at the time, circumstances helped us both realize that we work quite well together. Note to self, I need to pay off my post-war celebratory binge drinking tab at Pingu's Pub before I get pecked to death."[/i] --Me, April 14, 2010

That quote up there...That was how I felt before reading this topic. I wrote it in my sack-skin diary several weeks ago when we in the ODN were talking about a possible treaty. Debating. Because that's what we do.

And now, after reviewing the many comments in this topic by those who doubt the <insert quality here> of Sparta, I am starting to feel that the ODN made a really big mistake in signing this treaty. I'm sure that my reaction to this feeling will somehow create some sort of fissure within my alliance, and cause a bloc of members to petition the ODN government to conduct a feasibility study of dismantling the Spartan organization in a subversive manner, and then accidentally placing the conversation on pastebin, causing this treaty to be cancelled.

Your trolling will eventually be a total success. It's pretty effective.

All I see here is hate, hate, hate. Stupid haters, you should learn to love more, and stop being so bitter and misserable.

Congratulations to our allies at the ODN on their new treaty with Sparta. The only thing that matters is that you know it will last. Disregard the idiots who think otherwise.

o/ ODN

[quote name='Shockz' date='07 May 2010 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1273200667' post='2289658']
All I see here is hate, hate, hate. Stupid haters, you should learn to love more, and stop being so bitter and misserable.

Congratulations to our allies at the ODN on their new treaty with Sparta. The only thing that matters is that you know it will last. Disregard the idiots who think otherwise.

o/ ODN
[/quote]
Thank you!

[quote name='Shockz' date='06 May 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1273200667' post='2289658']

o/ ODN
[/quote]

You see hate, I see people expressing their disgust towards alliances they feel arent worthy of praise.

Amazing what a difference perception brings to a situation eh? :awesome:

[quote name='chefjoe' date='07 May 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1273260160' post='2290512']
You see hate, I see people expressing their disgust towards alliances they feel arent worthy of praise.

[/quote]
That's what debates are about, right?

And people have different styles of expressing themselves...

[quote name='chefjoe' date='07 May 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1273260160' post='2290512']
[/quote]
Yeah you would know alot about people viewing one's alliance with a degree of disgust right CJ? :D

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='chefjoe' date='07 May 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1273260160' post='2290512']

[/quote]

Sure, they can express themselves all they want...at the end of the day they go home bitter and resentful, unable to do anything about it. And if Sparta isn't worthy of praise (What do I know...I'm just a soldier who does as he is told, sometimes) why give them the unecessary attention by posting countless times in a announcement of celebration ?

ChefJoe, you my friend have the wrong perspective, but that's my perspective. Who is more right ? :smug:

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='07 May 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1273274530' post='2290754']
Yeah you would know alot about people viewing one's alliance with a degree of disgust right CJ? :D
[/quote]

I feel the sting, and I'm not even near him. Nicely done :smug:

[quote name='flak attack' date='04 May 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1273008859' post='2286767']
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=77422&st=0"]http://forums.cybern...opic=77422&st=0[/url]

Come again?
[/quote]
I would have liked to see you do for NpO what we did for IRON. You know, defend them.

There's usually a weak treaty partner and a strong treaty partner. In this case, both alliances are pretty weak in terms of upholding commitments, so this is one treaty you can probable shelve when "push comes to shove".

I'm going to bump this...

[quote name='OsRavan' date='04 May 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1273014329' post='2286900']
Does this debate strike anyone else as circular or pointless?

Let me get this straight... some people not allied to sparta (I notice a lot of former enemies among them too) don't like Sparta, don't trust them, don't whatever.

Well fine. I'm sure you have your reasons even if I don't agree with them. You can express your dislike by continuing to have nothing to do with them.

ODN on the other hand has taken the time to actually get to know Sparta and the actual people in Sparta. Something it sounds like most of the haters have not done. I am convinced not only that they are good people, but that they are the sort of people I would want besides me in a tight spot. For our part, I know ODN has every intention of backing Sparta up through thick and thin. And we also do not have a moment of doubt, knowing Sparta as we do, that they will do the same for us. Good times and lean times, I know they will have our back.

If you disagree, than you can be thankful you don't have them as friends. I think most of us that know Sparta well will snicker at what we view as your loss.

Eventually, time will prove one of us right. I'm confident it will prove Sparta and ODN right for signing this treaty. Until then, what is the point of all this complaining? If you are worried about ODN... thanks for the concern, but no thanks. We couldn't be happier with this treaty. If you just want to vent or complain, I think there are better places to do that. If you want to ask serious questions of Olaf, he told you where you could find him. I don't know why some people feel the need to try to turn every positive and congratulatory announcement into a negative cesspool, but there we go.
[/quote]

Seriously, what are you people trying to prove? I think it's fairly clear that neither alliance will cancel on the other over this (mostly) mindless balderdash. ODN knows that Sparta have our back. Presumably Sparta feels the same about us. You're all saying the same things repeatedly and making your previously known opinions no more or less known than before. Apparently you like reading your writing or something.

[quote name='Style #386' date='08 May 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1273352696' post='2291679']
I'm going to bump this...

Seriously, what are you people trying to prove? I think it's fairly clear that neither alliance will cancel on the other over this (mostly) mindless balderdash. ODN knows that Sparta have our back. Presumably Sparta feels the same about us. You're all saying the same things repeatedly and making your previously known opinions no more or less known than before. Apparently you like reading your writing or something.
[/quote]

No matter what you post you always will have sore loosers to try to create some arguments and some drama. I am sure that ODN is a great ally, and they can be sure that our sword and our shield would be always with them when they need. No matter what. It is funny that our allies consider us one of the most loyal alliances and our allies is all that matter.