If Planet Bob Had a Draft like the NFL

PrinceArutha

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='05 May 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1273033718' post='2287325']
Was trying to think of people who I could see doing it pretty long-term and not losing their minds :P
[/quote]
True, I did that if nothing else. :awesome: Though I don't know how you've managed as long as you have. One year and a couple months was enough for me. You've been, what, over three years now?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JWConner' date='05 May 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1273008920' post='2286771']
MoW: [b]Bill n Ted[/b]
[/quote]
True, his hundreds of nuke rouges, with multi billion dollar warchests and WRCs, can sure pack a punch :v:

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Lucas Perry' date='02 May 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1272828645' post='2283992']
1. Ejayrazz
2. Drai
3. Pansy
4. Keshav
5. Kirjath Jearim
6. Partisan/CombatPope
7. Dera
8. Cheyenne
9. aboooe
10. queenhailee
11. SinOfNemesis
12. mydogti/ShadeyBob
[/quote]
I did laugh, spam can be a government position right?

[quote name='Banksy' date='05 May 2010 - 02:31 AM' timestamp='1273044665' post='2287461']
True, his hundreds of nuke rouges, with multi billion dollar warchests and WRCs, can sure pack a punch :v:
[/quote]

BnT somewhat mentored me when I first started as Head of Military in CON. He knows his stuff.

[quote name='Cornelius' date='05 May 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1273036906' post='2287364']
True, I did that if nothing else. :awesome: Though[b] I don't know how you've managed as long as you have[/b]. One year and a couple months was enough for me. You've been, what, over three years now?
[/quote]

Corn, he hasn't. Xiph lost his mind like 7 months ago, I just forgot to mention it.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='05 May 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1273092260' post='2287991']
Corn, he hasn't. Xiph lost his mind like 7 months ago, I just forgot to mention it.
[/quote]
You forget I was in GOD at one point. He never was sane, at least not since June '07.

[quote name='Cornelius' date='05 May 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1273036906' post='2287364']
True, I did that if nothing else. :awesome: Though I don't know how you've managed as long as you have. One year and a couple months was enough for me. You've been, what, over three years now?
[/quote]
To our best knowledge, he's the only alliance leader that's been in charge longer than Archon.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='05 May 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1273092260' post='2287991']
[/quote]

Why do you think CN has GWs? Gotta release that rage somehow. :awesome:

[quote name='flak attack' date='06 May 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1273126045' post='2288766']
To our best knowledge, he's the only alliance leader that's been in charge longer than Archon.
[/quote]
I once went through and made a list of longest consecutively serving high government still in office. If memory serves (which it may not. I feel like I might be missing something). It went something like:

Tyga (though he has had some time off/the whole Polar thing which probably resets his count and disqualifies him)
grahamkeatley
Altheus (who just retired)
Xiphosis
Chuck Normis
Archon
bigwoody (His position is still technically labeled as being Head of State even if he's not actually running the alliance, so I'm not entirely sure whether this still applies or not)
Delta1212
chefjoe

I checked up on all the obvious alliances I could think of, but since there are over 200, I can't be 100% certain I didn't miss someone or someones.

Edit: I got my own position wrong
Edit2: Forgot Chuck Normis

Edited by Delta1212

[quote name='Delta1212' date='06 May 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1273167086' post='2289137']
I once went through and made a list of longest consecutively serving high government still in office. If memory serves (which it may not. I feel like I might be missing something). It went something like:

Tyga (though he has had some time off/the whole Polar thing which probably resets his count and disqualifies him)
grahamkeatley
Xiphosis
Archon
bigwoody (His position is still technically labeled as being Head of State even if he's not actually running the alliance, so I'm not entirely sure whether this still applies or not)
chefjoe
Delta1212

I checked up on all the obvious alliances I could think of, but since there are over 200, I can't be 100% certain I didn't miss someone or someones.
[/quote]
Yeah, we considered Tyga's break to DQ him since he didn't hold the highest position. Didn't think about grahamkeatley or Altheus though.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Delta1212' date='06 May 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1273167086' post='2289137']

grahamkeatley
Xiphosis
Archon
Delta1212
chefjoe

Edit: I got my own position wrong
[/quote]
Chuck Normis has been the leader of CRAP since he founded it in April of 2007.

Also, Opethian, not sure if he counts but he's been the leader of Prism Protection Front since sometime in 2006.

Edited by Mansa Musa

[quote name='Mansa Musa' date='06 May 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1273188531' post='2289458']
Chuck Normis has been the leader of CRAP since he founded it in April of 2007.

Also, Opethian, not sure if he counts but he's been the leader of Prism Protection Front since sometime in 2006.
[/quote]
Chuck Normis! That's who I left off. I knew I had someone else on the list.

[quote name='Delta1212' date='06 May 2010 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1273167086' post='2289137']
[/quote]
He stood down for several months in Spring 2008 and then later was out of the Supreme Chancellor office for several hours when the STA and Polar governments played musical chairs in July 2008. Since then he's been in office continuously.

Edited by Uhtred

DrHairyBallz - BOSS
Sethb - CoBOSS
Trotsky's Revenge - CoBOSS
Rebel Virginia - CoBOSS

Impero - Head of Punching
Cortath - Head of Yelling at Alliances
Shane Price - Head of Videos
Bob Janova - Head of Monies

Dutchers - Captain of teh Gay
BreezleBabe - Captain of Secksi Recruiting
Ejayrazz - Captain of Awesome

Honestly, I wouldn't know where to begin with a dream team that wasn't heavily biased towards past and present VE and her closest allies. I don't know much about what has recently happened outside of our little green microcosm. But this question really made me think about what makes a good government tick, and what kind of traits are desirable. I'm quite certain that there are lots of alliance leaders that don't make a big show on the forums that would be excellent leaders, we just never see them walk across the big stage. But who doesn't like to see the big names, the cults of personality? I'm a sucker for the Archons and Moldavis and mpols just like the rest of you.

From my own experiences, and these people likely would be available each round.

Wartime:

Head of State: Anu Drake - Cut his teeth in tC days, still around and a wily vet. +1 Alliance capability -1 Neutrality
Head of Government: Working Class Ruler - Motivator, knows what to say and when. +1 Wartime Effort
Minister of Economics: Tristram - Peak effort in war-time. Won't rest until the job is done, requires a thank you. +3 Aid Efficiency +1 Dissent
Minister of Foreign Affairs: John_Rocker - Again, veteran with many contacts and much experience. May rely on them. +2 Current Ally Relations -1 New Alliance Capability
Minister of Internal Affairs: Gfloyd2002 - One of the best at dealing with in house issues. +3 Morale
Minister of Security: StonewallJaxon - Guy was a crack FAN spy. Knows how to manipulate people. +10% chance to convert alliance to Your Ideology -3 dissent
Minister of War: HellsAngel - Worked very well, hard, and thanklessly in co-ordinating military efforts. +2 Organization

Peacetime:

Head of State: Delta - Intelligible, knows what he's doing. Cautious. Idealist. +3 Alliance Capability, -2 Neutrality
Head of Government: Janax - Self-motivated, capable of keeping those under him to task without question. +2 Morale +1 Efficiency
Minister of Economics: Nollisar - Selfless Perfectionist, can be frustrated by lack of effort of others +3 Aid Effeciency
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Banned Member. Unfortunate I can not name him.
Minister of Internal Affairs: BigWoody - Commands Respect, even when the chips are down and mutiny is at hand. +1 Morale +2 Effeciency
Minister of Security: WickedJ - He's got the scoop. +15% Chance to intercept foreign policy alignments
Minister of War: Doc Taco - Dedicated, can easily manage rogue/minor incidents while keeping MILCOM at ease. +3 Military Effeciency. -10% Rogue effectiveness.

Yes, I made up values.
Deal with it.

Edited by caligula