Red Rum War

Sephiroth

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance,Receiving_Alliance&search=Red%20Rum&anyallexact=exact"]Red Rum Wars[/url]

Red Rum is under attack by GOONS and have been almost a week at least. GOONS gave no declaration of war on for this one despite them having more members than CSA, since they didn't have any CB other than tech raid. They have 12 members, what do people think of Red Rum and how long do these alliance wide tech raids last or should they last?

Edit: I see they have a forum as well,

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Red_Rum/index.php?

Edited by Methrage

Red Rum is now showing 11 nations. I don't recognize any of their nation rulers, but they do have tech deals showing with Nueva Vida. Let's see if the Vidians meant it when they said they'd protect nations involved in the Vidian Enterprise from tech raiders.

To be honest it would appear that GOONS isn't the only one attacking Red Rum, they just happen to be the most organized about it.

A better question: If 10 random nations from alliance 'X' raid 10 random nations from alliance 'Y' over the course of a few months, is that better than 10 nations from alliance 'X' planning out an attack one night and raiding 10 nations from alliance 'Y' all at once?

I have my own opinion on the subject, but I'm curious what others think.

Awww, Methrage got attacked after talking crap to our entire alliance, and now that his bluff has been called, he's trying to gain support from the rest of the world so he can beg for cash. You're trying too hard, Methrage.

As for Red Rum, they've posted on our mercy boards and have fulfilled our request for an MS Paint drawing, so they're off limits for future attacks from GOONS members.

What now, Methrage? :rolleyes:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='15 April 2010 - 09:05 AM' timestamp='1271336716' post='2261275']
To be honest it would appear that GOONS isn't the only one attacking Red Rum, they just happen to be the most organized about it.

A better question: If 10 random nations from alliance 'X' raid 10 random nations from alliance 'Y' over the course of a few months, is that better than 10 nations from alliance 'X' planning out an attack one night and raiding 10 nations from alliance 'Y' all at once?

I have my own opinion on the subject, but I'm curious what others think.
[/quote]
If they're random attacks it tends to be random tech raids initiated by individuals allowed under their charter, but not really planned by gov. If you 10 nations all at once fill the slots of a small alliance then you can usually tell it had leadership involvement coordinating attacks and very invovled.

I think the organized attack would be better for the alliance if they get away with it, but worse for the raided as they take more damage getting their slots filled in an organized attack. Overall I would say the lesser of the two evils is the random tech raids, rather than the organized tech raid wars hitting small alliances.

Edited by Methrage

You should declare on me over it, Methrage. Oh, wait....yeah, you're just whiteknighting without a vote again. I wonder how many people you've aggravated after you've wasted their money you promised to use against Gramlins? Oh, right....four. You thought it was a good idea to provoke GOONS and bring attention to yourself. It wasn't.

[quote name='nippy' date='15 April 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1271337355' post='2261285']
You should declare on me over it, Methrage. Oh, wait....yeah, you're just whiteknighting without a vote again. I wonder how many people you've aggravated after you've wasted their money you promised to use against Gramlins? Oh, right....four. You thought it was a good idea to provoke GOONS and bring attention to yourself. It wasn't.
[/quote]
How about a bet, however reaches ZI first lets their nations delete and never makes another? I have 24 wonders so much more to lose, yet you have much more infra since I haven't nuked you yet.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1271337547' post='2261288']
How about a bet, however reaches ZI first lets their nations delete and never makes another? I have 24 wonders so much more to lose, yet you have much more infra since I haven't nuked you yet.
[/quote]

...and you're not going to nuke me. You better get that nuke in a hurry, because after tomorrow you're not going to be able to buy one. Like has been said in two other threads I can think of, you're all talk. I'm afraid I probably won't be involved in ZI'ing you...a smaller goon will have to take care of that. Good luck, buddy.

[quote name='nippy' date='15 April 2010 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1271337750' post='2261290']
...and you're not going to nuke me. You better get that nuke in a hurry, because after tomorrow you're not going to be able to buy one. Like has been said in two other threads I can think of, you're all talk. I'm afraid I probably won't be involved in ZI'ing you...a smaller goon will have to take care of that. Good luck, buddy.
[/quote]
I already bought my daily limit today and nuked others before you delcared, although you can expect me to save at least one each day just for you to make your trip to ZI fast enough.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1271337852' post='2261291']
I already bought my daily limit today and nuked others before you delcared, although you can expect me to save at least one each day just for you to make your trip to ZI fast enough.
[/quote]

You have no money. You can't afford anything, and I seriously doubt anyone's stupid enough to risk an act of war against GOONS and \m/ by aiding a rogue such as yourself.

Ps: good luck getting into SOS Brigade after this horrible display you're putting on...it's quite funny you're not willing to stand by your so-called 'alliance after getting yourself into as much trouble as you have.

[quote name='nippy' date='15 April 2010 - 09:29 AM' timestamp='1271338147' post='2261293']
You have no money. You can't afford anything, and I seriously doubt anyone's stupid enough to risk an act of war against GOONS and \m/ by aiding a rogue such as yourself.

Ps: good luck getting into SOS Brigade after this horrible display you're putting on...it's quite funny you're not willing to stand by your so-called 'alliance after getting yourself into as much trouble as you have.
[/quote]
I thought you were going to show me this on the battlefield, you've shown me nothing so far but your nation is weak.

Anyone want to bet tech he gets nuked over the next 3 days? (3 days in a row)

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1271338709' post='2261296']
I thought you were going to show me this on the battlefield, you've shown me nothing so far but your nation is weak.
[/quote]

I had two successful GA's, two successful bombing runs, and a couple weak CM's. You had a couple weak CM's and a failed 1 plane dogfight. What more do you need to see? Also, it's overly apparent that you started up this thread to draw negative attention to GOONS. I'm done here as well. Have fun flailing your arms about wildly while you beg for cash.

[quote name='nippy' date='15 April 2010 - 09:42 AM' timestamp='1271338960' post='2261297']
I had two successful GA's, two successful bombing runs, and a couple weak CM's. You had a couple weak CM's and a failed 1 plane dogfight. What more do you need to see? Also, it's overly apparent that you started up this thread to draw negative attention to GOONS. I'm done here as well. Have fun flailing your arms about wildly while you beg for cash.
[/quote]
Its less than 24 hours in and you declared after I had launched all my attacks and fought two opponents stronger than you who's wars are ending sooner. I really hope nippy doesn't mind ZI, pleasant surprise he actually ended up declaring so I didn't need to use an offensive.

Edited by Methrage

Methrage, Red Rum is getting peace - you can let this topic die. It's okay man. Let it go.

PS: If you think gov organized this raid you're sadly mistaken. Many goons like to watch the alliance war screen. Honestly, look at the declaration times. If that was supposed to be [b]organized[/b] I would have to have a word with the organizers.

[quote name='nippy' date='15 April 2010 - 08:12 AM' timestamp='1271337151' post='2261282']
As for Red Rum, they've posted on our mercy boards and have fulfilled our request for an MS Paint drawing, so they're off limits for future attacks from GOONS members.
[/quote]

So this is how you work now? You attack a micro alliance and extort them for terms?

[quote name='Baldr' date='15 April 2010 - 11:11 AM' timestamp='1271344287' post='2261350']
So this is how you work now? You attack a micro alliance and extort them for terms?
[/quote]
They've been working like this for a while, offer ridiculous terms and attack them until they surrender.

[quote name='Baldr' date='15 April 2010 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1271344287' post='2261350']
[/quote]
Not just small alliances - we do the same thing for unaligned nations, too.

I don't understand, what are you still doing in this thread? For one thing the conflict with Red Rum has absolutely nothing to do with you, for another it's already over. Are you just upset that they would stoop so low as to MSPaint us a pretty picture while you're trying to make a stand for your beliefs about that essay?

[quote name='magicmountain' date='15 April 2010 - 12:54 PM' timestamp='1271350445' post='2261458']
I don't understand, what are you still doing in this thread? For one thing the conflict with Red Rum has absolutely nothing to do with you, for another it's already over. Are you just upset that they would stoop so low as to MSPaint us a pretty picture while you're trying to make a stand for your beliefs about that essay?
[/quote]
Since there wasn't a declaration of war I was just checking what was going on, seemed like it had been going on for a while now and many wars going when I posted.