The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='13 May 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1273779496' post='2297124']
You know what? Go ahead do what you are doing, !@#$%*ing and moaning about it all day long. You so blind with this that you cant see whos for you and who isnt. Lash out against anyone that posts here. All i see is folks saying how Grämlins all done for and busted. How they are on the point where you are going to be handing out terms to them? Go on do it some more. While IRON has their nations sit in hippy and lose out that way. Do you think you are going to make the Grämlins say uncle this way? nah, dont bother answering that. Forget i said anything. After-all a SF alliance member wont have anything worthwhile to say to you , right?
[/quote]

actually, i lash out against posts not people. you posted that IRON and DAWN could end this at any time by coming out of PM and fighting the upper tiers of Gre. i pointed out how wrong that statement was. IRON and DAWN have a strategy on how to take down Gremlins in place. it does not include a suicidal banzai charge that will inevitably hurt them far worse than if they continue with their current strategy.

the reason i mention that you are in SF was simple. when RoK went to war against TPF in Dec and had TOP/IRON/that whole coalition against them, what did RoK do? didn't they put their whole upper tier nations in PM to avoid being rocked by the oppositions upper tier? so, if it is a good strategy for RoK to use, why wouldn't it be a good strategy for IRON/DAWN?

as for me, i joined DAWN from IAA because i see what is being done as wrong and a precedent that should not be set. I am not going around stating that IRON/DAWN are clearly winning, in fact, it is currently a stalemate, but it is one in which IRON/DAWN have a clear chance of winning if they stick to the current plan. you and that krashnittywhatever person and others going around stating that IRON/DAWN should man up and come outta PM to hit Gremlins is just ridiculous. IRON and DAWN have gone over their strategy already which is why it is amusing that you and others come along and state that IRON and DAWN should just banzai charge into Gremlins and hope for the best. given that basically everyone that states this are in alliances that have used the PM strategy before and thus, should understand it now. yet, you take cheap potshots when you can.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1273784172' post='2297183']
Yeah, that's why we win our wars and you lose yours.

Isn't it funny how often all those uses of "strategy" that revolves around "keeping my arse safe in Peace Mode" tend to end, unsurprisingly, in crushing defeat?
[/quote]

you amuse me greatly. I was not IRON or DAWN prior to Gremlin's actions. i was in fact in IAA and in fact my alliance did beat DAWN in said war. Prior to that i was in Gremlins during the Karma war and Polaris prior to Gremlins. The only wars i have ever lost was GPW and SPW. so, just because my current alliance affiliation states DAWN, does not mean i know nothing.

and really, IRON has won plenty of wars, look at their history. and i love how you avoided the fact that you ignored the whole, "your alliance has used the 'keeping my arse safe in Peace Mode'" strategy before. you and Matt would make wonderful friends. you have the same style of conversational and debating skills.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1273784172' post='2297183']

Isn't it funny how often all those uses of "strategy" that revolves around "keeping my arse safe in Peace Mode" tend to end, unsurprisingly, in crushing defeat?
[/quote]
???

So I'm assuming you don't know much about fighting and wars of attrition

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1273784172' post='2297183']
Yeah, that's why we win our wars and you lose yours

[/quote]
Oh My! A classic example of substituting your military prowess with the number of allies you had!

[quote name='Jaymjaym' date='13 May 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1273786625' post='2297221']
IRON's nations, ranked 1 through 17 are all in peace mode. All of which happen to be in the range where Gre has the numerical advantage. Now, surely there's no way that they've been strategically ordered to do so by their government, no, they must all be cowards hiding in peace mode...
[/quote]

What [b]SynthFG[/b] said.

Also, the Grämlins only have about 20 nations at that NS range, so the "numerical advantage" is not that big. IRON has enough people to feed them all a daily Nuke.

Sure, they have more tech. But a Nuke is a Nuke, so eventually IRON would bring them down to the NS range in wich they have superiority.

Would be costly? Sure. But IRON would show Planet Bob that they have balls, for once.

Instead, they are just cowering in Peace Mode, like they have been for months, waiting for their enemies to get tired.

The message to Planet Bob, once again, is clear.

Edited by Krashnaia

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='14 May 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1273789861' post='2297263']
???

So I'm assuming you don't know much about fighting and wars of attrition[/quote]

Always the same patterns. "If you don't agree with me is because you know nothing about war".

Wich, coming from people that has been mopping the floor all the last year, is a pretty bold statement.

Fact is, IRON is following no strategy. The people who had balls to fight, already did at the Great War, and were brought down. Those who remain at the top, are the people who simply don't have the balls.

All that "covering in Peace Mode is an strategy" is just propaganda, and a way to delude yourselves.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='14 May 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1273789861' post='2297263']Oh My! A classic example of substituting your military prowess with the number of allies you had!
[/quote]

And, don't you think the number of allies someone has, isn't somewhat related to your diplomatic skills and your ability to show that your alliance means business?

Edited by Krashnaia

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='14 May 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1273789530' post='2297258'] and i love how you avoided the fact that you ignored the whole, "your alliance has used the 'keeping my arse safe in Peace Mode'" strategy before. you and Matt would make wonderful friends. you have the same style of conversational and debating skills.[/quote]

That would mean I accepted the premise "my alliance has used the 'keep my arse safe in Peace Mode' doctrine before".

Wich is false.

Edited by Krashnaia

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='14 May 2010 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1273790013' post='2297264']
Would be costly? Sure. But IRON would show Planet Bob that they have balls, for once.
[/quote]
You're missing the point that another poster made above with respect to the reparations bill that awaits IRON and DAWN once they achieve peace with Gre. Their capacity to pay those reparations in a timely manner (by rebuilding their lower and mid-tiers) is apparently predicated on those top tier nations remaining intact. I wouldn't think that it would very wise of them to default on their obligations to CnG and co under the Easter Sunday Accords by sacrificing their warchests, infra and tech courtesy of 10k+ tech WRC'd nukes, to be quite honest with you.

Edit: The Gre nations in the upper tiers are behemoths, on par or of a greater capacity than that of pre-war TOP nations. I think you underestimate the cost involved in reducing those nations via conventional means, particularly when those nations start hurting the mid-tier nations, rather than just the upper tier ones. I know, having been up against a range of mid-tier nations in the last war. 12K tech and a WRC backing your nukes gives you a disproportionate ability to inflict major damage on a nation that has half your tech or less.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1273790193' post='2297268']
And, don't you think the number of allies someone has, isn't somewhat related to your diplomatic skills and your ability to show that your alliance means business?
[/quote]
That is very much beside the point.

I could've sworn that I was pointing out that while you patronize IRON and say that they don't win their wars, during the last two conflicts you heavily out-numbered your enemies. Then you come here and act like MA is gods given gift to military tactics.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='14 May 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1273790662' post='2297278']
You're missing the point that another poster made above with respect to the reparations bill that awaits IRON and DAWN once they achieve peace with Gre. Their capacity to pay those reparations in a timely manner is apparently predicated on those top tier nations remaining intact. I wouldn't think that it would very wise of them to default on their obligations to CnG and co under the Easter Sunday Accords by sacrificing their warchests, infra and tech by copping 10k+ tech WRC'd nukes, to be quite honest with you.
[/quote]

Well, you made a point.

Still, the Tech will be paid by the low tier nations. Unlike NPO's terms, no clausule to force the tops to pay was issued.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='14 May 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1273791203' post='2297284']
Well, you made a point.

Still, the Tech will be paid by the low tier nations. Unlike NPO's terms, no clausule to force the tops to pay was issued.
[/quote]
And who in your opinion will finance those tech payers? Those nations that were ganged up during the last war for over two months in a row and are now trying to rebuild and also handle the gRAMlins handed down, or those nations that were kept in pm on purpose for the course of the war?

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='14 May 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1273790990' post='2297282']
That is very much beside the point.

I could've sworn that I was pointing out that while you patronize IRON and say that they don't win their wars, during the last two conflicts you heavily out-numbered your enemies. Then you come here and act like MA is gods given gift to military tactics.
[/quote]

I'm just giving my personal opinion. Something you seem to dislike. If you have such problems accepting the existence of other points of view, you should think if an internet forum is the place for you to be.

I have never said I'm specially gifted with military prowess, neither I have mentioned my alliance. That's something you have made up yourself.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1273789316' post='2297257']
Yes, of course. You are a genius.

Don't let the fact that your alliance in the last year has gone from crushing defeat through crushing defeat, and that the Grämlins can do what they are doing with no one really lifting a finger*, as an indicator that you are doing something wrong.

*Writing at the forums is free. Doing something about it in the field is another thing.
[/quote]
I am fighting. I have been fighting the entire time. If I had had any less money, I would have been bankrupt. There is strategy to keeping nations in peace mode during a war of attrition. Every single alliance that has ever been on the losing side has done it. You assume you know a lot about military strategy when you don't.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1273789316' post='2297257']
[b]Attemping to humiliate others[/b] will not prove your points. It will only once again show why your bloc has become more and more diplomatically isolated and thus [b]turned into a Butt Monkey.[/b]
[/quote]
Was this intentional or unintentional irony?

Either way, the thread is about Gremlins. Rah, rah, down with Gremlins.

[quote name='shilo' date='14 May 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1273791429' post='2297287']
And who in your opinion will finance those tech payers? Those nations that were ganged up during the last war for over two months in a row and are now trying to rebuild and also handle the gRAMlins handed down, or those nations that were kept in pm on purpose for the course of the war?
[/quote]

Maybe whoever is financing all the free tech and moneys the IRON top is getting right now from their lower tier buddies.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='14 May 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1273791782' post='2297293']
Maybe whoever is financing all the free tech and moneys the IRON top is getting right now from their lower tier buddies.
[/quote]
I tried.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='14 May 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1273791717' post='2297291']
I am fighting. I have been fighting the entire time. If I had had any less money, I would have been bankrupt. There is strategy to keeping nations in peace mode during a war of attrition. Every single alliance that has ever been on the losing side has done it. You assume you know a lot about military strategy when you don't.[/quote]

I'm not assuming anything about myself. I'm giving my opinion. If you don't like it, tough.

Anyway, I feel a bit disoriented. I wrote in this thread because someone suggested IRON was going to use a "hero nation" strategy to bring down Grämlins.

I said won't happen, and now you all are telling me that doing such thing would be insane for IRON.

So, you are really proving my point that there will be no "hero nation" strategy.

Edited by Krashnaia

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1273792124' post='2297301']
I'm not assuming anything about myself. I'm giving my opinion. If you don't like it, tough.

Anyway, I feel a bit disoriented. I wrote in this thread because someone suggested IRON was going to use a "hero nation" strategy to bring down Grämlins.

I said won't happen, and now you all are telling me that doing such thing would be insane for IRON.

So, you are really proving my point that there will be no "hero nation" strategy.
[/quote]

noone said that. we said iron bringing out their whole top tier en masse to gain a quick end to the war would be a really bad strategy.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1273790193' post='2297268']
Always the same patterns. "If you don't agree with me is because you know nothing about war".

[/quote]
First off don't put words in my mouth,

Second your "If you don't agree with me is because you know nothing about war" is invalid because my stance originated after your ludicrous comment, not prior to it. It is also invalid because nearly every last alliance involved in war has sent their nations into peace mode at one point, Either to rest, or sit as a reserve or maybe it is a banking nation.

There are no right and wrong opinions but your statement is just plain wrong.

Edited by BlkAK47002

Krashnaia, you've been told by several people why 'lolol come out of peace mode' is (i) stupid and (ii) a hypocritical argument on your part. (The entire Supergrievances coalition had a 'top tier in peace mode' strategy in the TPF non-war, in case you forgot already.) Why are you still pushing it and making yourself look silly?

It is particularly dumb in this case because high infra nations are necessary to finance the extremely large reps that IRON will have to pay once this war finally ends.

They've been in PM since January because IRON have been facing a massive top tier disadvantage since January. They'll already have hit the maximum PM economy penalty, which for developed nations does not bill lock you but it effectively zeroes your net collection, so there's really no incentive to come out and get rolled, however much you and other who wish to see IRON totally destroyed (but won't do anything about it, of course) bait them.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1273792124' post='2297301']

[/quote]

If you reread the posts on the so called "hero nation" strategy and then check the war screens between IRON/DAWN and Gramlins you will discover that we are doing exactly that. Having one nation (the hero) go up and attack the lowest unengaged Gramilin nation and pull him down for the rest to attack.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1273791446' post='2297288']
I'm just giving my personal opinion. Something you seem to dislike. If you have such problems accepting the existence of other points of view, you should think if an internet forum is the place for you to be.

I have never said I'm specially gifted with military prowess, neither I have mentioned my alliance. That's something you have made up yourself.
[/quote]
If you think I have a problem with you expressing your opinion then you are taking this way too personally. Many people earlier in this thread have expressed opposing viewpoins to mine and I respectfully disagreed. Lighten up a bit.

"I have never said I'm specially gifted with military prowess, neither I have mentioned my alliance."

Yeah, that's why we win our wars and you lose yours.

[/quote]
Yet this statement will defeat your arguement every time because this post dug your hole from the start and now you're having trouble getting out. Peace mode is a componet of modern warfare on planet Bob and it's not going anywhere and to claim alliances are cowards for using it is a pretty arrogant statement.

There is no point in continuing this arguement.

Edited by BlkAK47002

Yeah, that's why we win our wars and you lose yours.Isn't it funny how often all those uses of "strategy" that revolves around "keeping my arse safe in Peace Mode" tend to end, unsurprisingly, in crushing defeat?
[/quote]
When you are a little older perhaps you will read "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. In chapter six you will find this advice:

[quote name='Sun Tzu' date='600BC']
"Therefore the clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him."[/quote]
When you are more experienced in war you will understand why "Peace Mode" is a tactic we use to control the battlefield. You can whine all you want about nations being in peace mode and call them "cowards". Your pitiful attempts to try and alter or move us to deviate from our battle plan are in vain. We control who we fight, when we fight and how many. Gramlins can do nothing other than react. This war will go according to our plan and Gramlins will continue to fail. It is gratifying to see that most (including the Gramlins) don’t understand what is happening to them and continue to believe they will be undefeated.

We will pull the nations in peace mode out when the timing suits us, not you, not Gramlins. So sit back and enjoy, it will be a long drawn out war. Those in Peace Mode need great discipline to remain idle while we wage war. The time for their sacrifice may come or Gramlins may dissolve and fade away. So “cowards” hardly, their time has just not arrived.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1273790382' post='2297272']
That would mean I accepted the premise "my alliance has used the 'keep my arse safe in Peace Mode' doctrine before".

Wich is false.
[/quote]

except for the fact that i could have sworn MA was lined up to fight alongside RoK in the BBW and considering the entire coalition on RoK's side was following the same strat of keeping their upper tier in PM to keep them safe. so i am thinking that it is not false but that you don't know what you are talkin about at all.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='13 May 2010 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1273792124' post='2297301']

[/quote]

well this pretty much proves you correct that you are not gifted in military prowess. the "hero nation" strategy in no way involves the entire IRON upper tier to come out of PM and fight en masse which is what you stated they should do.