OOC Strangereal Alternate Earth RP

Arieg

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='07 March 2010 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1267981699' post='2216943']
My point was that it is not based on exporting goods, which is what it seemed you wanted to base the economies of everyone on. Economies based on exportation have not been the primary one used across the world since the end of the Imperialist Era. If that is not what you meant, I apologize for misinterpreting it.

I await this 'golden bullet'. Though making a bullet from gold seems like a bit of a waste to me :P
[/quote]

Silver bullets are much more effective.

[quote]No its actually: This is why every RP except CNRP fails.[/quote]

No, every RP fails because it is...
A) Too unregulated (ERP)
B) Over regulated (AERP looks like this)
C) Poorly established (MRP)

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='07 March 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1267987650' post='2217009']
Silver bullets are much more effective.

A) Too unregulated (ERP)
[/quote]

D) People have no clue what they're doing.

I think you did forget that one. :P

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='07 March 2010 - 04:56 AM' timestamp='1267966886' post='2216820']
Well, ive slowly watched this thread go from good and flying high, and then shot down in a burning spiral of fail.
Redtape, One Fuher running the show, and everyone who know what they are talking about being completly stonewalled by the Fuher.

You want this to work, then stop being a douche and actually take onboard what people are saying and use it to your advantage. the world works in compromise and negotiation.
All i am seeing is the whip being cracked and the mob fighting back.
[/quote]
Zoot...why don't you wait to see the "Golden Bullet" before criticizing the creator of this RP.

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='07 March 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1267987650' post='2217009']
A) Too unregulated (ERP)
[/quote]
I forget...which one was MRP?

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='07 March 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1267998504' post='2217208']
Zoot...why don't you wait to see the "Golden Bullet" before criticizing the creator of this RP.

I forget...which one was MRP?
[/quote]

I vaguely remember it, but then again it was never really established as a RP. :P

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='07 March 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1267998738' post='2217210']
I vaguely remember it, but then again it was never really established as a RP. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Nuts. I was hoping someone would remember what the 'M' stood for...

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='07 March 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1268017267' post='2217516']
Everyone knew what they were walking into when Arieg announced that there would be only one GM. This is not Fuhrerism. You're lucky he didn't seem to take as much offense to that as I am.
[/quote]

Fuehrer is not an offensive word. In German, it means leader.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='07 March 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1268017952' post='2217533']
Of course I know what it means. What he implies with that word and its context is what is the problem.
[/quote]

He's implying he is the one leader of the RP. I fail to see the issue.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='07 March 2010 - 07:56 AM' timestamp='1267966886' post='2216820']
Well, ive slowly watched this thread go from good and flying high, and then shot down in a burning spiral of fail.
Redtape, [b]One Fuher running the show, and everyone who know what they are talking about being completly stonewalled by the Fuher.[/b]

You want this to work,[b] then stop being a douche[/b] and actually take onboard what people are saying and use it to your advantage. the world works in compromise and negotiation.
All i am seeing is the whip being cracked and the mob fighting back.
[/quote]

If he wanted to say hes the one leader of the RP, why say Fuhrer, a word that has many negative connotations in the minds of the average modern person? I mean, not to pull a Godwin but there was a Fuhrer who managed to lose some tiny little war in the mid 1900's by stonewalling those knowledgable around him...

This creates an unnecessary negative stigma around Arieg who is really just trying to work out the kinks of a promising RP. Very very unhelpful and ungrateful.

But no, the most offensive thing I take was the being called a douche part. I mean, if I have to bold it, then there really is no point in explaining anything and taking the topic completely off. <_<

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='07 March 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1268018992' post='2217556']
If he wanted to say hes the one leader of the RP, why say Fuhrer, a word that has many negative connotations in the minds of the average modern person? I mean, not to pull a Godwin but there was a Fuhrer who managed to lose some tiny little war in the mid 1900's by stonewalling those knowledgable around him...

This creates an unnecessary negative stigma around Arieg who is really just trying to work out the kinks of a promising RP. Very very unhelpful and ungrateful.

But no, the most offensive thing I take was the being called a douche part. I mean, if I have to bold it, then there really is no point in explaining anything and taking the topic completely off. <_<
[/quote]

Arieg creates the stigma himself, he needs no help in that department. Why are you offended by statements directed at someone else?

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='07 March 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1268019514' post='2217568']
[color="#000000"]Arieg creates the stigma himself, he needs no help in that department.[/color] Why are you offended by statements directed at someone else?
[/quote]

What are you, my shrink?

When someone uses loaded words around someone that is trying to change things or is in the process of resolving an issue, the main issue becomes clouded. "Arieg creates the stigma himself, he needs no help in that department". The issue is now about how Arieg is making all these rules and he's a Fuhrer that isn't listening to anyone.

No more questions please, I'm not your monkey.

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='07 March 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1268020324' post='2217596']
What are you, my shrink?

When someone uses loaded words around someone that is trying to change things or is in the process of resolving an issue, the main issue becomes clouded. "Arieg creates the stigma himself, he needs no help in that department". The issue is now about how Arieg is making all these rules and he's a Fuhrer that isn't listening to anyone.

No more questions please, I'm not your monkey.
[/quote]

He's a leader that isn't listening to anyone. Still no issue. :P

I can be your shrink, by the way (Disclaimer: I am not licensed. I do not recommend seeking psychological help from myself as it may cause the development of more psychological issues such as insanity.) :P

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='07 March 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1268020985' post='2217609']
He's a leader that isn't listening to anyone. Still no issue. :P

I can be your shrink, by the way (Disclaimer: I am not licensed. I do not recommend seeking psychological help from myself as it may cause the development of more psychological issues such as insanity.) :P
[/quote]

Arieg doesn't have to listen to anyone at all, he said from the start it was his canon and he is the sole GM. Everyone that signed up for this RP knew that. My issue is that Zoot is being a douche that is not helping the issue at all.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='07 March 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1268021314' post='2217614']
Arieg doesn't have to listen to anyone at all, he said from the start it was his canon and he is the sole GM. Everyone that signed up for this RP knew that. My issue is that Zoot is being a douche that is not helping the issue at all.
[/quote]

How to keep your customer in 2 simple steps:

1. Listen to your customer

2. Compromise and implement what your customer wants

If you don't do both, this RP will die.