OOC Strangereal Alternate Earth RP

Arieg

Well, this should be creative. Nuskar was a precreated country(lo five notebooks full of facts). It was meant to be a superpower, that's why I really liked this. likED. It won't be as fun since this is limiting creativity. I get restrictions, but telling who is what is smacking creativity.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='04 March 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1267745942' post='2214181']
Because that really doesnt. Ive not been there as long as the others, but its a working system, created by a number of people.
Not a single guy.
[/quote]

Arieg knows what he's doing. We go way back and we both have an unpleasant history of having to deal with people who have zero clue what they're doing. No, I'm not saying anyone here is like that - as far as I can tell - but it's better to be safe rather than sorry. I will agree, however, that the current numbers as they stand... don't make sense. If your nation uses compulsory military service (like Israel or Sweden) and is belligerent, the numbers could be far higher.

Canaris, im not doubting that he knows what he is doing.
But being the SOLE leader, rule writer etc of an RP is silly, bordering nuts.

Which is what he has done. and the redtape on this RP is gonna make doing anything harder than getting the Government to actually do anything productive =/

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='04 March 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1267746267' post='2214188']
Canaris, im not doubting that he knows what he is doing.
But being the SOLE leader, rule writer etc of an RP is silly, bordering nuts.

Which is what he has done. and the redtape on this RP is gonna make doing anything harder than getting the Government to actually do anything productive =/
[/quote]

Not really. It will just keep people from pulling things out of their rectums. A group-think can also lead to just as much red tape.

[quote name='Canaris' date='04 March 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1267746131' post='2214186']
Arieg knows what he's doing. We go way back and we both have an unpleasant history of having to deal with people who have zero clue what they're doing. No, I'm not saying anyone here is like that - as far as I can tell - but it's better to be safe rather than sorry. [b]I will agree, however, that the current numbers as they stand... don't make sense.[/b] If your nation uses compulsory military service (like Israel or Sweden) and is belligerent, the numbers could be far higher.
[/quote]

Exactly. I have 640 million citizens. 850,000 soldiers is absurdly low, unless I opted to stay neutral. 350m+ fit for active duty, yet I can only have 850k? Really?

Sure, I shouldn't levy 1/6 of my nation to be my military, but ffs, something fairly reasonable.

I'm just mad because I am denied creativity. THAT can leave me in a bad mood for days, even weeks.

I just don't find it fair that everyone is under strict control. I thought this was to be free and creative. Not everyone went superpower that order, and its turning out fine. Now you throw on numbers and place people here and there...where is that little spark, again?

Also true Canaris, it can lead to just as much.
But with a group discussion there is room for compromise.
the only answer i got was the banhammer.
so no, one guy running the show now has an enlarged epeen and ego, at the same time, literally skrewing over other people RP by restricting it to HIS rules.
Limiting the freedoms of the mind and creativity voids the entire point of RP.

[quote name='Sargun' date='04 March 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1267746778' post='2214201']
what banhammer? you're not banned from anything, you brit
[/quote]
On msn, i closed the chat so i lost the chatlog, but he said "I will be hiding with the banhammer"
So yeah, dont break the rules:P he is watching, always watching.

er, ~3% of my population is my military. I am unsure as to how this is absurd and why this needs to be limited. My nation, which is called Alba, by the way, not the Kingdom of Alba, is a warrior culture with strong nationalism.

Also, North Korea, which is by no means a Superpower, has a military of over 2 million soldiers, so I am entirely unsure as to why this needs to be limited.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='04 March 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1267747340' post='2214215']
And i know that, it was just said in a way that seemed wrong and racial. To me, at least.
[/quote]

No, not really. Brit is to British as Aussie is to Australians.

Btw, Arieg, Alba's not a kingdom.

Well [size="5"]I[/size] do.

ON topic, I believe that everything run by one person who decides everything that happens is horrible. I thought this was to be creative and free, but as usual, like all other ideas, it became strict and controlled.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='05 March 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1267747911' post='2214235']
Well [size="5"]I[/size] do.

ON topic, I believe that everything run by one person who decides everything that happens is horrible. I thought this was to be creative and free, but as usual, like all other ideas, it became strict and controlled.
[/quote]

You're not British. You're from Ohio.

Anyway.

[u]List of Grievances[/u]
1. Terrain being made by one person
2. Huge superpower advantages
3. Unrealistic military sizes and restrictions
4. Permanent cap on strength
5. One person in overall control
6. WMD cap
7. Creator being one of the said superpowers, thence wielding a great deal of influence both IC and OOC

Any others?

Edited by Drakedeath

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='05 March 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1267748135' post='2214242']
5. No creativity.

Want me to gripe some more about limited creativity? :v:
[/quote]

That is part of 'cap on strength'. You can't RP past the limit of your world status, because, clearly, it is impossible to become more influential over time.

United States of what, you say? People's Republic of whom? Nah.