Farkistan's Terms Fulfilled

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The beer review term is the moral equivalant of the douche who fires bullets (or throws stones) at the feet of someone and shouts 'Dance'. That's the main reason I will always be against them. That and the fact people are being forced to do this for (the most part) simply fulfilling treaty obligations.

Oh and it's a pretty tired meme. It was a pretty tired meme very shortly after it wasn't a pretty tired meme.

Edit: mistype

Edited by Hymenbreach

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='27 February 2010 - 11:35 AM' timestamp='1267270756' post='2206372']
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The beer review term is the moral equivalant of the douche who fires bullets (or throws stones) at the feet of someone and shouts 'Dance'. That's the main reason I will always be against them. That and the fact people are being forced to do this for (the most part) simply fulfilling treaty obligations.

Oh and it's a pretty tired meme. It was a pretty tired meme very shortly after it wasn't a pretty tired meme.
[/quote]

If all parties on both sides, as in this case, decide to give Beer Reviews, I really don't see how thats unfair or degrading etc. to anyone. BAPS has a Beer Review thread, Beer is dear to our hearts, we will happily provide the denizens of Bob with our insight to some European Beers. (or some girly Bulmers Berry (for Steodonn) if I can find it on my trip to the off license ahead of this afternoons sporting action in the nation of Spanish Inquisition, Goan the boys in Green)

Edited by Nobody Expects

FAO: people complaining about doing beer reviews. It's cheaper than paying reps. Heaven help us that we have to write a couple of short paragraphs about something we drink.

Now I'm doing this off the top of my head and I'm more of a cider person (<3 st. Hellier pear cider). However, it is easier to make a review about something you hate, so here goes nothing.

[img]http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/stella-artois-bottle.jpg[/img]

Stella Artois is a Belgian lager with 5% ABV that's very popular in Britain. Unfortunately, a lot of the popularity comes from chavs, who like to get drunk on a combination of stella and Lambrini. While said scumbags are drunk they have a tendency towards violence, vandalism and domestic abuse. This has earnt Stella Artois a reputation the brewers don't like.

Personally, I can't stand the taste of Stella. If I was German, I'd describe it as "pisswasser". However, considering its popularity, it must be doing something right for a lot of people. Also, I haven't tried the 4% version of Stella, which I hope tastes better. Personally, if I have to pick a beer to drink, I'd rather have kronenbourg 1664 or Fosters (my appologies to any australians reading this). The taste itself is bitter, but very crisp. I'd go into more detail, but it's a very plain beer, presumably to appeal to the masses as much as possible. On the other hand, it does have a very nice, clear appearance.

Presumably because it tries to appeal to everyone, Stella wouldn't look out of place in many occasions. Down the pub, barbequeing in the garden, watching football with friends, formal occasions, any season and stella will fit in.

My rating: Stella looks good and is well advertised, but it tastes rubbish. It's a mass produced, almost soul-less beer for the masses. But I can't deny its success, also I'm feeling generous. D.

That better?

I like beer. Most people do.

I like to tell other people (whom also like beer) which beers I think are good. This way, if they haven't tried it, maybe they will. On occasion, other people will tell me about the beers that they have had, and for the same reason.

A novel idea, isn't it? I don't see the problem.

[quote name='Bionic redhead' date='27 February 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1267285394' post='2206534']Stella Artois is a Belgian lager with 5% ABV that's very popular in Britain. Unfortunately, a lot of the popularity comes from chavs, who like to get drunk on a combination of stella and Lambrini. While said scumbags are drunk they have a tendency towards violence, vandalism and domestic abuse. This has earnt Stella Artois a reputation the brewers don't like.

Personally, I can't stand the taste of Stella. If I was German, I'd describe it as "pisswasser". However, considering its popularity, it must be doing something right for a lot of people. Also, I haven't tried the 4% version of Stella, which I hope tastes better. Personally, if I have to pick a beer to drink, I'd rather have kronenbourg 1664 or Fosters (my appologies to any australians reading this). The taste itself is bitter, but very crisp. I'd go into more detail, but it's a very plain beer, presumably to appeal to the masses as much as possible. On the other hand, it does have a very nice, clear appearance.

Presumably because it tries to appeal to everyone, Stella wouldn't look out of place in many occasions. Down the pub, barbequeing in the garden, watching football with friends, formal occasions, any season and stella will fit in.

My rating: Stella looks good and is well advertised, but it tastes rubbish. It's a mass produced, almost soul-less beer for the masses. But I can't deny its success, also I'm feeling generous. D.

That better?[/quote]

Stella Artois has earned the nickname of Wife Beater in relation to your first paragraph. However your 2nd paragraph, rather have a Fosters? [img]http://www.otf2.com/forums/images/smilies/nono.gif[/img]

Haven't forgotten the terms guys, in fact I am looking forward to it. I have a bottle of a brew with a name arguably befitting our alliance depending upon who you ask :P All that remains is for me to kick a RL respiratory ailment and get off the antiboitics (Mon. hopefully)so I can sample it and give you a non-cut and paste review...