TSO Announcement

keltoi

[quote name='keltoi' date='23 February 2010 - 07:45 AM' timestamp='1266896728' post='2198429']
you didn't have a clue then, you still don't now. say hi to frannie for me :)
[/quote]

great rebuttal. it really highlights the weaker points in what he said, and you counter it with an objective and flawless argument showing the reader why he's wrong.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wootmeister' date='22 February 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1266895273' post='2198404']
I feel like I can say congratulations on surviving one year without having to get involved in a political debate, so congrats.

Whether or not you have acted with honor in other events during your existence, you have all been honorable in the conflict, at least in regards to GATO. I hope you have found GATO to be just as honorable in return.

I'll send you a nice shiny nuke tonight as a birthday present (but don't worry, if you don't like it you can return it :P)
[/quote]

I will be waiting for it, as you are at war with me. I will even turn let my SDI guys off tonight. Oh wait they are all on vacation already.

[quote name='The Lonely Man' date='22 February 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1266902380' post='2198583']
The idea behind an alliance is that an MADP is formed between individual nations. If you're not prepared to die for every applicant who joins your alliance, you shouldn't admit them in the first place. That's why TSO are so truly, truly pathetic.... and I haven't even mentioned their role in the War of the Coalition. Brotherhood........ hahahahahahaha....
[/quote]

i see why you are lonely, sucks dude :(

[quote name='kerschbs' date='22 February 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1266904065' post='2198624']
Happy Birthday fellas. TSO have been great opponents, and as such I have nothing bad to say about them. I already received my nuclear party favor, and am hoping my return fire does not damage the liquor cabinet!!
[/quote]

Your bouncer carded me at the door and wouldn't let me in.

[quote name='Power' date='22 February 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1266888023' post='2198249']
Good deal, Ill be out looking for it! You can be number 21 for me. It can be like a celebration - kind of like Disney at the end of the day!

Don't worry, if your like all the rest, my SDI guys should be sleeping so it should come right in. ;)
[/quote]

Thanks for turning off the SDI. Happy Birthday.

[IMG]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm22/wonder_lick/Animated%20pics/wonder_lick_Awesome.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='keltoi' date='23 February 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1266896728' post='2198429']
you didn't have a clue then, you still don't now. say hi to frannie for me :)
[/quote]

Was that Francesca or Feralboy? I'm confused.

[quote name='hizzy' date='23 February 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1266903070' post='2198597']
great rebuttal. it really highlights the weaker points in what he said, and you counter it with an objective and flawless argument showing the reader why he's wrong.
[/quote]

What is the point in addressing arguements that have been defeated in thread after thread and IRC conversation after conversation?

Happy birthday TSO o/

Edited by SunnyInc

[quote name='SunnyInc' date='23 February 2010 - 08:06 AM' timestamp='1266912390' post='2198784']

What is the point in addressing arguements that have been defeated in thread after thread and IRC conversation after conversation?

Happy birthday TSO o/
[/quote]

I think sunny's signature quite accurately sums up tsLoL's opinion on everything that has happened concerning their conception. So we must move on... towards their declaration of disbandment!

I've not seen one intelligent rebutal in here. I skipped pages 2-4 though.

[quote name='Baden-Württemberg' date='22 February 2010 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1266877412' post='2197931']
What we were doing is simple. We helped a friend in need. By our standards that's justification enough. That [i]you[/i] don't understand it, again, is obvious.
[/quote]
Quite surprised when i saw the TSO dow, made me happy ^_^

[quote name='hymli' date='23 February 2010 - 03:58 AM' timestamp='1266915525' post='2198825']
Wow, I didn't know that our little alliance have had such an impact on planet Bob. :D
[/quote]
Now now, don't get dreamy. The reason TSO is so popular is becos of a 2 or 3 members in it.....i don't think we really care about the other members :D

P.S : Oh yea...forgot. Happy Bday TSO, looking forward to another year of your existence on Bob. Gives me something to aim for in CN :D

Edited by raasaa

[quote name='Sup4l33t3ki11a' date='23 February 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1266915676' post='2198826']
I think sunny's signature quite accurately sums up tsLoL's opinion on everything that has happened concerning their conception. So we must move on... towards their declaration of disbandment!

I've not seen one intelligent rebutal in here. I skipped pages 2-4 though.
[/quote]

When someone mounts an intelligent arguement you will be treated to the most thorough of rebuttals. Judging by the track record of posting quality in TSO announcements, however, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

[quote name='SunnyInc' date='23 February 2010 - 09:07 AM' timestamp='1266916023' post='2198835']
When someone mounts an intelligent arguement you will be treated to the most thorough of rebuttals. Judging by the track record of posting quality in TSO announcements, however, the chances of that happening are slim to none.
[/quote]

Naturally, you guys just ignore the possible existance of such an argument right?

And check your nation bio, small typo:

About Sunshine Republic:
[b]Peak Strenght [/b]- 100,562.999 Technology: 9,598.48 Infrastructure: 8,809.07 Area of Influence: 7,904.233 mile diameter.

Edited by Sup4l33t3ki11a

[quote name='elborrador' date='22 February 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1266878885' post='2197978']
your friends b/c no one else will associate themselves with the scum that inhabits your AA....at least you all have something in common
[/quote]

Ah, yes---given that you're a member of an alliance governed by pathological liars and backstabbers and populated by people who support them, you're not really one yourself to talk, are you?

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' date='23 February 2010 - 04:22 AM' timestamp='1266920553' post='2198862']
Ah, yes---given that you're a member of an alliance governed by pathological liars and backstabbers and populated by people who support them, you're not really one yourself to talk, are you?
[/quote]
Quality ex-leader right here. The most classy person ever to grace Planet Bob.

TSO, I have to hand it to you. I really thought you'd bail on TOP to save pixels. Although I'm sure you thought you'd win this war. In any case congrats on 1 year and the Umbrellian nukes you'll be sucking down. I know the 2nd year won't be too easy to get through now that big daddy TOP can't protect you. Who knows, miracles happen.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' date='23 February 2010 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1266923761' post='2198882']
Quality ex-leader right here. The most classy person ever to grace Planet Bob.

TSO, I have to hand it to you. I really thought you'd bail on TOP to save pixels. Although I'm sure you thought you'd win this war. In any case congrats on 1 year and the Umbrellian nukes you'll be sucking down. I know the 2nd year won't be too easy to get through now that big daddy TOP can't protect you. Who knows, miracles happen.
[/quote]
I may have lived in the shadows for pretty much the past year [ooc] retired [ooc] but when I got pulled back to CN due to a (argh we're at war!! e-mail) I was pretty convinced that winning was a no go.

Anyway, to be honest, there seems to be a lot of progress here. By my count only about 50-60% in this thread hate us. That's quite the improvement compared to last year. Granted, it might not be through our own merit but more through the fact that you can hardly flame people that are fighting beside you but it still makes me happy.

I suppose this was all we could hope for, a year of relative quiet with the group of friends that had formed in TSO. In the end the amount of hatred shared by those politically in charge would catch up to us eventually. I'm glad at least we got the chance to prove that we are able to stand together and play this game as it's supposed to be. This is why we stuck together, why we formed this group of friends. The comment of some guy earlier who said you're supposed to have a MDAP with each and every member of your alliance. Well that's true. That's where we and MCXA in general went wrong. It was too big, too many factions and no friendship. We tried to change it, by your definition TSO is more of a true alliance founded on the right principles. Unfortunately MCXA suffered a lot in the process. Myself and many others had given too much of our time to MCXA not to feel sad that it went this way.

Anyway /rant

Time for me to head back to real life and close this chapter. Oh and [ooc] I'd love to have a beer with you sometime Penchuk [ooc]

[quote name='hizzy' date='22 February 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1266903070' post='2198597']
[/quote]

It's also 100% accurate, but I will bow to your greater knowledge of the situation. :rolleyes:

also, i hear you're soft and squishy? :lol1:

[quote name='Valashu' date='23 February 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1266928517' post='2198911']
Anyway, to be honest, there seems to be a lot of progress here. By my count only about 50-60% in this thread hate us. That's quite the improvement compared to last year.
[/quote]

It'd be more if it weren't for the fact that it's an anniversary thread [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/colbert.gif[/img]

[quote name='keltoi' date='23 February 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1266939543' post='2199045']
It's also 100% accurate, but I will bow to your greater knowledge of the situation. :rolleyes:

also, i hear you're soft and squishy? :lol1:
[/quote]

At this point it's basically a he-said-she-said, the only difference being that he actually said something and you just said "no u". You might claim that you know more about it seeing as you're in TSO, but quite frankly I think you're lying for that exact same reason.

If you don't particularly care what some random guy like me thinks, that's fine. Alliances who show complete disregard for the public tend to succeed pretty well, don't you think?

Edited by hizzy

Hizzy, you're not some random guy, you have been one of favorite [s]trolls[/s] detractors for quite some time now :)
and yes, i do have more knowledge of the situation, an no, i have no interest in debating ancient history with you as you have proven yourself incapable of being objective on the subject. cheers