Gridiron Tournament Season II Progress

Sargun II

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sea Dogs' coach, Harold Miller, was all smiles today as he conversed with the reporters. "Adelaide is off to a strong start this season, much stronger than the last tournament, and there is no indication that we are going to be slowing down anytime soon. I am proud of my team!"

Our victory this week was hard earned and I am proud of my boys on the field. We are working on our running game a bit, so we hope that in the future we will be a definite contender. As for our division, we are definitely going to give Norway a run for their money but our conference is really good and well-built this season. Every victory will be a fight, but I expect we will make sure that we do whatever we can to make sure we push ourselves to the limit.

-Coach

[center][size="5"][color="#2e8b57"][i][b]CURRENT STANDINGS: WEEK 4[/b][/i][/color][/size]
[i][b] [/b][/i]
[i][b] Gibraltar Football Conference[/b][/i]

[b]Division I[/b]
Disparu Dratinis (4-0)
VT Hokies (3-1)
Articuno Islands (2-2)
Keville Lions (1-3)

[b]Division II[/b]
Hansa Rainbow Warriors (4-0)
Sarnunga Saints (3-1)
Royal Minilla Island Armed Forces (3-1)
Calgary Stampeders (3-1)

[b]Division III[/b]
Norway (3-1)
Mecha Paladins (3-1)
Rebel Brutes (1-3)
Mathaian Daemons (0-4)

[b]Division IV[/b]
Alvonian Colberts (3-1)
El Frito Banditos (2-2)
Drakorian Hoplites (2-2)
Debate Land Diplomats (0-4)

[i][b]Ceuta Football Conference[/b][/i]

[b]Division I[/b]
Arctica Lemurs (3-1)
Californian (1-3)
Communistan (1-3)
GSB RedSkins (0-4)

[b]Division II[/b]
Texas Longhorns (3-1)
Flying Mex (3-1)
The Nye Guys (2-2)
Polish Phantoms (0-4)

[b]Division III[/b]
Adelaide Sea Dogs (4-0)
Dogana Drop Bears (1-3)
NTR Wolves (0-4)
Tillery Mariners (0-4)

[b]Division IV[/b]
Rhodesia Eagles (3-1)
Ryadh Falcons (3-1)
Roma Gladiators (2-2)
[/center][center] Eatonville Lumberjacks (2-2) [/center]

[center][size="3"]Game of the Week[/size]

Flying Mex [b]35[/b] - 34 Arctica Lemurs[/center]

The Flying Mex pulled off another thrilling victory, this time with a special teams disaster by the previously undefeated Lemurs. Flying Mex came into the game with high spirits against the unexpected success of the Lemurs. Unfortunately for Arctica, their undefeated season came to an end when their final extra point attempt was blocked by the Mex with 00:06 remaining.

It is reported that in the point-after attempt, the Lemurs kicker was injured and faces at least eight weeks of down time.

Edited by Sargun

the owners of the Debate Land Diplomats were seen drowning their sorrows at a local bar after the team's fourth consecutive defeat in a row. Hopefully their fortunes will change, but with the state of the team, nothing looks certain, except for longer and harder, and more intense practices until the team could win a few games.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='02 March 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1267520222' post='2211111']
NTR Wolves (0-4)

NTR cheers for another fabulous game. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img] [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img] [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img] [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]
[/quote]
"Well, whatever makes them happy, I suppose," said a beffuddled halfback when asked about the NTR's curious attitude. "I guess as long as they keep their spirits up, they are good sportsmen."

At the news of the fourth straight win, fans back home are dancing in the streets. This is a dramatic change from last year's tournament, when the Sea Dogs could barely pull even on games won to lost.

It would be nice to know what the actual scores were, just so that we know who we beat or not?

After 3 defeats Keville coach Clinton Power was forced to admit that he knew little more about gridiron than anyone else in Kevodia, although everyone was forced to admit that he did look rather good in cleats. Small but curious crowds watched the team, mostly composed of soccer rejects and journeymen gridiron players from abroad, get drubbed in their first 3 encounters. Then, this week the team won a match, although the Kevodian Sporting Gazette suggested that this was more accident than design, after Lions quaterback Kurt Mayhew spotted the hot dog van arrive at Keville Field just before the end of the first quarter, fortunately remembering to drop the ball in the right place before grabbing a 'dog. However the win has renewed Kevodian interest in the game and its widely hoped that Keville can get back into the competition.

Last season it took too long to do that, but if you'd like I can do it again. It's not like how Botha has it running on his computer and can make silly graphs!

<insert more !@#$%*ing by Sargun here about having to do more work>

[quote name='Sargun' date='03 March 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1267575153' post='2211929']
Last season it took too long to do that, but if you'd like I can do it again. It's not like how Botha has it running on his computer and can make silly graphs!

<insert more !@#$%*ing by Sargun here about having to do more work>
[/quote]

Well, its up to you fella, its your league! If you're transferring from a PS3 or whatever it must suck, so I can understand totally if you want to keep it simple.

Edited by Kevinho

"The team has been executed along with the athletic director, bringing the total executed count to above 200 on this momentous occasion. In an unrelated piece of news volunteers for the Californian gridiron team have reached a record low and new players are being sought. Fortunately, Happy Rainbow Valley Maximum Security Penitentiary and Mental Health Institution has graciously agreed to let their most criminal and mentally insane inmates play on the team."

[center][size="5"][color="#008000"][i][b]CURRENT STANDINGS: WEEK 6[/b][/i][/color][/size]
[i][b] [/b][/i]
[i][b] Gibraltar Football Conference[/b][/i]

[b]Division I[/b]
Disparu Dratinis (5-1)
Articuno Islands (4-2)
VT Hokies (3-3)
Keville Lions (2-4)

[b]Division II[/b]
Hansa Rainbow Warriors (5-1)
Royal Minilla Island Armed Forces (5-1)
Sarnunga Saints (4-2)
Calgary Stampeders (3-3)

[b]Division III[/b]
Norway (4-2)
Mecha Paladins (3-3)
Rebel Brutes (2-4)
Mathaian Daemons (0-6)

[b]Division IV[/b]
Alvonian Colberts (5-1)
El Frito Banditos (3-3)
Drakorian Hoplites (3-3)
Debate Land Diplomats (1-5)

[i][b]Ceuta Football Conference[/b][/i]

[b]Division I[/b]
Arctica Lemurs (5-1)
Californian (3-3)
Communistan (2-4)
GSB RedSkins (1-5)

[b]Division II[/b]
Flying Mex (5-1)
Texas Longhorns (4-2)
The Nye Guys (3-3)
Polish Phantoms (2-4)

[b]Division III[/b]
Adelaide Sea Dogs (6-0)
NTR Wolves (2-4)
Dogana Drop Bears (1-5)
Tillery Mariners (1-5)

[b]Division IV[/b]
Rhodesia Eagles (3-3)
Ryadh Falcons (3-3)
Eatonville Lumberjacks (3-3)
Roma Gladiators (2-4)
[/center]

[quote name='Sargun' date='12 March 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1268448689' post='2223921']
[center]Disparu Dratinis (5-1)[/center]
[/quote]

A lot of Disparueans were surprised that the Dratinis lost one of their games. However, they still had five wins, which was good.

OoC: Out of curiosity, who beat the Dratinis?