Brengstklau declares war

2burnt2eat

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kevin32891' date='14 February 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1266172430' post='2180972']
P.S. Penkala cry more please.
[/quote]

But... who is going to supply water for our homeless children once this war is over? We need his tears, since there is a distinct lack of [OOC: Chuck Norris].

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='14 February 2010 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1266172696' post='2180980']
But... who is going to supply water for our homeless children once this war is over? We need his tears, since there is a distinct lack of [OOC: Chuck Norris].
[/quote]
Same goes for you.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 February 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1266172417' post='2180971']
[color="#0000FF"]Interesting. Was it not less than a year ago that people lauded those that honored their treaties and other commitments? Well, your side at least. Now we seem to have reverted back to the mindset that those who honor commitments with alliances opposite to you are somehow dishonorable and must pay dearly for it. I seem to recall a certain group that also shared that mindset. It worked out grandly for them.[/color]
[/quote]

I do not begrudge the fact that they've followed their treaty commitments. I'm merely stating that CSN and TEN will not give them an easy ride.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='14 February 2010 - 09:30 AM' timestamp='1266168633' post='2180889']
Aw, u mad?

[b]It's the same reason why we had TEN, TOH, and TYR declare on you.[/b] The :awesome: face generally denotes one of two things: awesomeness or sarcasm. I'm also pretty sure the "*THAT*" was also denoting a large amount of sarcasm.

[/quote]

... That was sorta the point. That's why I linked the previous post.

Also, I automatically default to awesomeness; sarcasm doesn't really carry across the internet well :P. Plus, I also wasn't so sure, seeing has how CSN might be thinking TEN was actually doing that much damage. But now that I know it is sarcasm, thanks for clearing that up.

:D

[quote]

Well, you know, when CSN had a bulk of their offensive slots declaring on NADC, some on NSO, and then two other additional alliances came in launching an offensive... when clearly CSN was outnumbered in the 50k and less range (our upper tier effectively dismantled the upper crust of UBD and GDA). Right, learn A) strategy and B) what sarcasm is.

[/quote]

/me facepalms

Again, that was the point of my post. You're preaching to the choir here.

Me: Omg you guys sent TEN after us? Are we really doing that much damage?
CSN: Well actually, [insert logical argument here]
Me: Oh ok, that's cool. Let's have fun :)

5 days later

CSN: Omg you guys send ICB after us? Are we really doing that much damage?
Me: Well actually, [insert SAME logical argument here]
CSN: Hahaha, you're stupid. I was being sarcastic.
Me: FFFUUUUUUUUU....

[quote]
If you really think Penkala really cares what you think about him... you are very delusional; you aren't that special to him.
[/quote]

The issue is not whether people care about what Penkala thinks (don't worry, I'm sure someone, somewhere gives a damn :P) but rather, the interesting stance your alliance has taken. I mean, if Penkala's statement is at all incorrect, [b]then please feel free to state so[/b]. However, the fact remains that there are elements within the CSN that may be seeking our disbandment. We cannot take that lightly.

Edited by Masterfod

"That's the point"

A message to the enemies of the Commonwealth

We're going to trash talk. It makes it more fun for us. Realize that CSN would never do anything in terms of disbandenments or viceroys like was common of the Hegemony.

Trash talk is fun. We're not trying to ruin the game for anyone.

However, I would get a kick out of seeing people post "CSN is ruining the game" ....In b4 CSN is ruining the game.

[quote name='NationRuler' date='14 February 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1266177263' post='2181092']
"That's the point"

A message to the enemies of the Commonwealth

We're going to trash talk. It makes it more fun for us. Realize that CSN would never do anything in terms of disbandenments or viceroys like was common of the Hegemony.

Trash talk is fun. We're not trying to ruin the game for anyone.

However, I would get a kick out of seeing people post "CSN is ruining the game" ....In b4 CSN is ruining the game.
[/quote]I'll ruin your nation, NR.

[quote name='NationRuler' date='14 February 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1266177263' post='2181092']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, but you are causing the world an insurmountable amount of harm. Not because you do anything oppressive, but rather because you do not do anything at all. That leads to a horrible amount of stagnation.[/color]

[quote name='Masterfod' date='14 February 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1266173124' post='2180996']
... That was sorta the point. That's why I linked the previous post.

Also, I automatically default to awesomeness; sarcasm doesn't really carry across the internet well :P. Plus, I also wasn't so sure, seeing has how CSN might be thinking TEN was actually doing that much damage. But now that I know it is sarcasm, thanks for clearing that up.

:D
[/quote]

Solid solid.

[quote]/me facepalms

Again, that was the point of my post. You're preaching to the choir here.[/quote]

That wasn't directed toward you. :mellow: It was directed at mdness.

[quote]The issue is not whether people care about what Penkala thinks (don't worry, I'm sure someone, somewhere gives a damn :P) but rather, the interesting stance your alliance has taken. I mean, if Penkala's statement is at all incorrect, [b]then please feel free to state so[/b]. However, the fact remains that there are elements within the CSN that may be seeking our disbandment. We cannot take that lightly.
[/quote]

I assure you, and as Goose has stated, it goes without saying that Penkala doesn't speak for the Commonwealth as he is not government. That and there is no one that I know of (I know pretty much everyone in CSN that frequents our forums) that supports the disbandment of alliances that came in to defend their allies.

It would be rather hypocritical for us to such because we did the same thing in a multitude of wars.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 February 2010 - 02:09 PM' timestamp='1266178164' post='2181118']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, but you are causing the world an insurmountable amount of harm. Not because you do anything oppressive, but rather because you do not do anything at all. That leads to a horrible amount of stagnation.[/color]
[/quote]

Pardon me, are we not fighting 5 fronts right now? Did we not just have the Karma War? Did we not defend our allies in the No Vision War? How can you say we're doing nothing? If only we could all be like Rebel Virginia. Really "doing something". I'm only doing something if I create a 3 man alliance that...shall I say...fails?

Oh puns, how I hate thee....

[quote name='NationRuler' date='14 February 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1266185855' post='2181346']
Pardon me, are we not fighting 5 fronts right now? Did we not just have the Karma War? Did we not defend our allies in the No Vision War? How can you say we're doing nothing? If only we could all be like Rebel Virginia. Really "doing something". I'm only doing something if I create a 3 man alliance that...shall I say...fails?

[/quote]
Only 5? Slackers. :P

[quote name='mdnss69' date='14 February 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1266144238' post='2180672']
We've had our differences ICB, but good to see you enter the fray. Give em hell!Edited for these two gems;I didn't know CSN were doing so badly they needed TEN, TOH or TYR!
[/quote]
In addition to what everyone else said, we kinda begged CSN to let us fight :awesome:

We were getting bored just sitting there without a war.

But for the real purpose of this post, I'm going to ask that regular members of TEN refrain from posting from here on out

Edited by lenard124578

[quote name='NationRuler' date='14 February 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1266185855' post='2181346']

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So you honored treaties? Am I supposed to be impressed that you are capable of following after someone else leads?[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 February 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1266197631' post='2181780']
[color="#0000FF"]So you honored treaties? Am I supposed to be impressed that you are capable of following after someone else leads?[/color]
[/quote]
no, we don't expect you to be anything. That is for you to decide, unless, you want to follow our lead.

[quote name='Fronz' date='14 February 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1266198307' post='2181803']
no, we don't expect you to be anything. That is for you to decide, unless, you want to follow our lead.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]What exactly is your point? I have a history of doing things, of taking the first steps. I'm a man of action if you will. You, on the other hand, are a member of an alliance of reactive people. That is all you do. Something happens, and you either step away or step with it. You're a rat responding to stimuli.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='14 February 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1266198771' post='2181819']
[color="#0000FF"]What exactly is your point? I have a history of doing things, of taking the first steps. I'm a man of action if you will. You, on the other hand, are a member of an alliance of reactive people. That is all you do. Something happens, and you either step away or step with it. You're a rat responding to stimuli.[/color]
[/quote]
my point was we don't expect you to be anything, that is for you to decide. I'm not sure if i can put that in simpler terms.

As for the rest of your post, not sure how this is related to anything but I'll respond to it none the less.

everyone has a history of doing things, and we have all taken first steps, whether they be small, large, or whatever. We are all persons of action, I'm acting by responding to you, which was your reaction to my initial comment. You may consider this to be "just talk" but talking is an action none the less. We are all reactive creatures, if we weren't, then we would be equivalent to rocks and nothing would happen here on planet bob. I however disagree with your comment about just *us* being rats, according to your statement we all qualify as rats responding to stimuli. While yes we are comparable to rats from a very shallow view, I know there is a much deeper thought process involved when we react to a situation that is far from instinctive, this response being proof.