Clarification from The Legion

Sparta, why are you still trying to deflect the blame onto Legion for this? You forged their sigs. Period. There's nothing more to it. And your bunch still has the audacity to come in here and rail on Legion for following their charter? How dare they!

They didn't give you sigs. You can't just toss someone's signature on something and pretend that they signed it, because they didn't.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='11 February 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1265946672' post='2176379']
If you don't like the decision your leader made on his own, this is not the type of situation you get to just "take it back" from. Coup him, re-enter, whatever, but as it stands now your leader signed a peace agreement.
[/quote]
None of our guys actually signed... Sparta used a little thing called 'copy and paste' to get the signatures. In the real world, that is called forgery...

[quote name='x Tela x' date='11 February 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1265953367' post='2176909']
Sparta, why are you still trying to deflect the blame onto Legion for this? You forged their sigs. Period. There's nothing more to it. And your bunch still has the audacity to come in here and rail on Legion for following their charter? How dare they!

They didn't give you sigs. You can't just toss someone's signature on something and pretend that they signed it, because they didn't.
[/quote]
x Tela x hereby surrenders to \m/ for no apparant reason.

Signed,
x Tela x

See, that's not so hard. :awesome:

In all fairness the whole thing seems like a communication issue. And considering that Legion's allies have folded, it might be possible that's what Legion originally intended. Though that is only speculation.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1265953290' post='2176900']
In Sparta, a man, even a messenger, is responsible for his words. lol.
[/quote]
[20:37] <Hubb[Legion]> If it's white peace, then it's white peace.
01[20:38] <LW[Away]> It is white peace and you, MASH, Quantum cannot re-enter this war, nor aid your allies until afterwords
01[20:38] <LW[Away]> And if you don't take it tonight, this offer is gone
[20:38] <Hubb[Legion]> Legion and allies have white peace with Sparta and allies.
[20:38] <Hubb[Legion]> I understand that.
How is this proof? All i see is, I understand the terms... not HECK YEAH we want peace why don't you go ahead and copy paste our signatures on it...
This does not equal proof in any way shape or form...

[quote name='assarax' date='12 February 2010 - 05:37 AM' timestamp='1265953041' post='2176879']
Yes, I did. My intention was to state that even though our membership may not fully understand whether or not a decision was made, the point is, a clear and definite answer was never given to Sparta, which makes this Sparta's fault, regardless of whether it was miscommunication or a piss-poor attempt at forging Legion government signatures to a peace agreement.

Indeed, we were ordered to seek white peace, though that does not mean we accepted it.
[/quote]

It doesn't mean you accept it, but it does me he accepts it, especially considering the offer of white peace was already on the table.

Anyway as I said I don't know or care about any of that, at worst its a bit of miscommunication which both you and Sparta seem to think is worth going crazy over. The only point I'm making is that every Legion poster is contradicting the other and even if this is all Sparta's fault you lot need to sort your self out because you're only making yourselves look like a mess right now.

EDIT: I'm I the only one assuming that

[20:38] <Hubb[Legion]> I understand that.

was referring to the 'dont re enter/this is a one time offer' part? The line above it seems like he's accepting peace to me, at the very least you can see why anyone would assume he's accepted peace.

Edited by Kindom of Goon

[quote][20:38] <Hubb[Legion]> Legion and allies have white peace with Sparta and allies.[/quote]
this is a clear reply to this:
[quote][20:37] <Hubb[Legion]> If it's white peace, then it's white peace.
01[20:38] <LW[Away]> It is white peace and you, MASH, Quantum cannot re-enter this war, nor aid your allies until afterwords[/quote]

While this:
[quote][20:38] <Hubb[Legion]> I understand that.[/quote]
is a clear reply to this:
[quote]01[20:38] <LW[Away]> And if you don't take it tonight, this offer is gone[/quote]

Everyone in the room knew this, don't act like it wasn't the agreement after the fact. Your members vetoed you, and in failing to inform you and us of the fact, until well after, they have performed deliberate, dishonorable, and hostile acts, at a Table of Peace. Claiming peace was never had, when it clearly was, doesn't not change this fact at all.

Enjoy your wars, I hope you like them, because I don't see you getting peace until long after the rest of this war has ended. You don't get terms. You fall.

Edited by LucasSnow

[quote name='T.Hubb' date='11 February 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1265953277' post='2176897']
Hi there. :awesome:

Guess what? We were discussing peace. I discussed it with members of my government and another member of Asgaard's government. I was listening to the terms, and never said "Yes, we fully accept white peace."

Where, in there, does it say I accepted. Oh, that's right, it didn't. I was stating what was on the table. Troll if you will, it's what most of you are good at. We entered into negotiations with Sparta and others in good faith. No decision was made, and my signature (along with the sigs of our government) were forged without our consent.

Guess what, trolls: Keep quoting it for lulz. I might even put it in my sig. Not our fault you prematurely ejaculated onto the BB's.
[/quote]

There you have it. Game on, Sparta. I'm going to enjoy feeding you my nukes. I'll see you all in hell.

Edited by assarax

[quote name='LucasSnow' date='11 February 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1265953827' post='2176965']

While this:

Everyone in the room knew this, don't act like it wasn't the agreement after the fact. Your members vetoed you, and in failing to inform you and us of the fact, until well after, they have performed deliberate, dishonorable, and hostile acts, at a Table of Peace. Claiming peace was never had, when it clearly was, doesn't not change this fact at all.

Enjoy your wars, I hope you like them, because I don't see you getting peace until long after the rest of this war has ended. You don't get terms. You fall.
[/quote]

How are you actually trying to keep this argument going? It has been well established that Hubb UNDERSTOOD the terms that were offered yet did not accept them. I realize you are trying to spin this but really? REALLY? He NEVER accepted them! I feel like I am taking crazy pills!

[quote name='LucasSnow' date='12 February 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1265953827' post='2176965']

While this:

[/quote]

..You're condemning to death an alliance who entered the war in defense of their allies because they don't want to peace out early? Wow, Sparta. You suck.

[quote name='unitedblahcentral' date='11 February 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1265954174' post='2176991']
WAT!!?!?! Sparta did not forge the sigs in any way. I did not read through those 11 pages, but i can attest that Sparta is not as low as that.
[/quote]

They did.

[quote name='assarax' date='12 February 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1265953915' post='2176972']
There you have it. Game on, Sparta. I'm going to enjoy feeding you my nukes. I'll see you all in hell.
[/quote]
Legion's already gone back on White Peace, not hard to go back on a few words, eh?

Only for argument's sake, of course. :ehm:

This is clearly a NOU situation. The only thing that is definitive is that Legion and Sparta are still at war, and it'll take more for us to be satisfied with your surrender next time.

[quote name='wandmdave' date='11 February 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1265954074' post='2176985']
Something we can agree on!
[/quote]
Please point me to a log where Hubb said one or a rendition of the following:

Hubb: I accept the terms provided
Hubb: I want white peace now
Hubb: I am leaving my allies in the dust and accepting terms

SPARTA FORGED THE LEGION'S GOVERNMENTS SIGNATURES! How is this not being conveyed? Sparta lied! Plain and simple. How can you defend that point? Sparta put The Legion's government signature on a legal document that it did not ratify. That is a gross incompetence and, honestly, after seeing how Sparta fights a war it is an incompetence that I can wholly believe.

Edited by jacosby

[quote name='pezstar' date='12 February 2010 - 12:56 AM' timestamp='1265954195' post='2176992']
..You're condemning to death an alliance who entered the war in defense of their allies because they don't want to peace out early? Wow, Sparta. You suck.
[/quote]
Not for not peacing out, but for misleading us that they had, and then throwing it back in our faces and trying to put the blame on us. White peace was offered twice, it was thrown back in our faces twice. This is an insult to Sparta and they obviously don't want the peace, so we will fight. Peace will not be offered again.

Edited by LucasSnow

[quote name='T.Hubb' date='12 February 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1265953277' post='2176897']
Hi there. :awesome:

Guess what? We were discussing peace. I discussed it with members of my government and another member of Asgaard's government. I was listening to the terms, and never said "Yes, we fully accept white peace."

Where, in there, does it say I accepted. Oh, that's right, it didn't. I was stating what was on the table. Troll if you will, it's what most of you are good at. We entered into negotiations with Sparta and others in good faith. No decision was made, and my signature (along with the sigs of our government) were forged without our consent.

Guess what, trolls: Keep quoting it for lulz. I might even put it in my sig. Not our fault you prematurely ejaculated onto the BB's.
[/quote]

And your second in command and MoFA stating that they thought you had given them orders to get peace, and the MoFA entering into negotiations to finalize the white peace came from where? Your governments failure to communicate with it's self, both in private and across the number of threads currently active, as well as it's failure to properly communicate with the alliances you were surrendering to is what caused this problem.

As for all the legion members RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGING about the sigs...you guys realize you did the same thing last night right? Are you going to remove your government for being just as incompetent as Sparta?

[quote name='LucasSnow' date='12 February 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1265954450' post='2177013']
Not for not peacing out, but for misleading us that they had, and then throwing it back in our faces and trying to put the blame on us. White peace was offered twice, it was thrown back in our faces twice. This is an insult to Sparta and they obviously don't want the peace, so we will fight. Peace will not be offered again.
[/quote]
please see [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80612&view=findpost&p=2177011"]this[/url] post. In no way did The Legion mislead Sparta or her allies. Never, did The Legion accept peace terms. Sparta forged signatures.

[quote name='pezstar' date='11 February 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1265954195' post='2176992']
[/quote]

Listen to this fine lady. She speaks truth.

[quote name='LucasSnow' date='11 February 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1265954450' post='2177013']
[/quote]

Hey Lucas, just read what Pez said. She pretty much has you guys pigeonholed.

[quote name='LucasSnow' date='12 February 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1265954450' post='2177013']
[/quote]

No,I don't think so. White peace was put on the table once. The night before you wanted us to pay 800 million in reps which we balked at. White peace was on the table today. Quit your posturing and get your facts straight.