Clarification from The Legion

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='12 February 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1265951357' post='2176710']
The irony is so very delicious.
[/quote]
Lol, I've heard that one. It's usually the defense of someone who can't counter with any evidence. I haven't seen any logs admitting peace, I haven't seen any logs stating that the signatures were authorized. Speak when you have some proof regarding your assertions. You've said our government accepted peace, give me proof, boy.

Edited by Gunnar Griffin

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wandmdave' date='11 February 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1265951393' post='2176714']
And you let him talk for you, now I'm really confused?
[/quote]
I'm the Legion's resident Chinaman. That's enough of a title to wave around when I'm debating with the likes of you guys.

EDIT: that's a compliment by the way, you should be honored that a Chinaman has deemed you worth of debating against.

Edited by Zyvexal

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='12 February 2010 - 05:00 AM' timestamp='1265950801' post='2176654']
I suppose this whole argument is rather moot at this point. The war is back on. For this, there will be no white peace for you Legion. This war will be long, and for you it will be painful. Your alliance will be completely and utterly destroyed. Your tech - pillaged. Your nations - flattened. Your citizens - wiped out.

We will not stop or slow down your destruction until you come to us, all together and together in agreement for once, asking for surrender. And no, you won't be able to pull this veto bullcrap again. Until you are ready to give up properly, enjoy your trip through hell. I know I will.

tl;dr - You're screwed.
[/quote]
Dude, they fought the NPO at the height of their power, and survived.

You're crazy if you think your threats are going to be taken anymore seriously than a bad joke.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 05:01 AM' timestamp='1265950913' post='2176663']

Edit - Kingdom of Goon, if you're referring to: "As a subordinate government officer to the Imperator, I proceeded as directed by the Imperator to attend the peace negotiations with Sparta. During the course of said peace discussions, an internal veto of the Imperator's decisions was begun. Final signatures were never provided to Sparta or its allies. Unfortunately I could not issue our final signatures to Sparta with the pending veto action looming."
Nowhere does it say peace was accepted.
[/quote]

Well not specifically, but I figured its safe to assume "Imperator's decision" was not him deciding to order a pizza.

[quote name='jacosby' date='11 February 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1265951530' post='2176724']
Please don't make me dig up your own posts from the Karma war. Something about hatchets being buried...etc etc.
[/quote]

Buried hatchets don't mean you get to re-write history, my friend. ;)

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='12 February 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1265951438' post='2176719']
Oh stop it. If that were the case you would have fought longer than a week in the Karma War. You can disagree with Sparta and company posting this and whatnot, but don't start acting like Legion is an honorable alliance that is willing to shed all their infra for their friends ... history does not support that claim.

Honestly, none of this matters anymore. Back to war you all go ... :P
[/quote]
Right, because alliances do not change, and thus, RoK is still part of the hegemony.

Ave Legio. May your nukes hit their targets straight and true

o/ Legion.

[quote name='Chron' date='11 February 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1265951600' post='2176732']

You're crazy if you think your threats are going to be taken anymore seriously than a bad joke.
[/quote]

This. Compared to the rest of the crap we've been through, Sparta doesn't even register as a threat to the Legion's survival. It's hilarious that they've deluded themselves in to thinking so.

I'd really like to hear from Imperial on this. Acting like we didn't think Legion was on board is complete BS and everyone who was in on those talks knows it. If there was a miscommunication at some point for you guys, I could understand that. It happens. Wars back on and no hard feelings, but these accusations are complete crap, and you damn well know it, and I sure as hell won't forget it.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='11 February 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1265951616' post='2176735']
Buried hatchets don't mean you get to re-write history, my friend. ;)
[/quote]
How, prey tell, are we trying to rewrite history?

Edited by jacosby

Here is the problem Legion:

When someone who speaks for an entire government says peace is had, it is assumed peace is had and posts are made. Now you claim a veto vote was taking place, the proper thing to do would have been to immediately mention this so all parties would know that Peace was in fact not had yet, and that voting was in process. In not doing this you allowed for Peace, official Peace I may add, to be had. Now according to your own Charter you have the right to Veto it, I am not disputing that, and you did. But; this is nothing but bad politics and will spell trouble for Legion for years to come.

This is set up so that once Peace is agreed on you have the option to overrule it and redeclare. Many alliances, Sparta included, will take offense to such actions. If there is no peace to be had you must say so, not mislead said governments with false statements or by [b] not speaking up[/b]! You can E-Lawyer all you want, but Peace was had, then you Vetoed it, something that should have been mentioned from the start, you lead us on. Grats on negotiating the wrong way.

This is my personal Opinion and not the Official Sparta Position: We offered you White Peace, you denied it. We offered you White Peace again, you accepted it, failed to inform us that a veto vote was in process and the Peace was not Official until said voting was over, you lead us to believe Peace was had by not speaking up, a failure in [b]your[/b] government process, not our own. You withdrew white Peace. Now to reiterate; this is my opinion and not the official stance of Sparta, though I know many agree. This is a slap in the face and an insult, not only was is bad negotiating but a deliberately misleading and hostile action, during peaceful talks. In my opinion; White Peace is off the table, never to be offered again. I'll fight you for the next 5 years before I sign an offer of White Peace.

Your own government screwed you. Have fun with the results.

Edited by LucasSnow

[quote name='Chron' date='12 February 2010 - 05:13 AM' timestamp='1265951600' post='2176732']

[/quote]
technically, so did Sparta :v:

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1265951549' post='2176726']
Lol, I've heard that one. It's usually the defense of someone who can't counter with any evidence. I haven't seen any logs admitting peace, I haven't seen any logs stating that the signatures were authorized. Speak when you have some proof regarding your assertions. You've said our government accepted peace, give me proof, boy.
[/quote]

This post even makes it all the better. Try rereading this entire thread instead of looking through those rose-tinted glasses you have on. Also, who are you calling a boy? :lol1: Run out of original things to say I see?

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='12 February 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1265951604' post='2176733']
Well not specifically, but I figured its safe to assume "Imperator's decision" was not him deciding to order a pizza.
[/quote]
The Imperator's decision may or may not have been made. However, I know for certain, whether the decision was made or not, it was never broadcast outside the Legion. It wasn't given to Sparta or anyone, otherwise, and I say this again, we'd have logs to prove it. The decision, whether it was made or not, was kept internal as there would have been a veto vote.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='12 February 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1265951735' post='2176748']
This post even makes it all the better. Try rereading this entire thread instead of looking through those rose-tinted glasses you have on. Also, who are you calling a boy? :lol1: Run out of original things to say I see?
[/quote]
Lol, you fail at trolling. I knew you all were incompetent, but even at trolling? GPA trolls better.

[quote name='LucasSnow' date='11 February 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1265951711' post='2176745']

When someone who speaks for an entire government says peace is had, it is assumed peace is had and posts are made. Now you claim a veto vote was taking place, the proper thing to do would have been to immediately mention this so all parties would know that Peace was in fact not had yet, and that voting was in process. In not doing this you allowed for Peace, official Peace I may add, to be had. Now according to your own Charter you have the right to Veto it, I am not disputing that, and you did. But; this is nothing but bad politics and will spell trouble for Legion for years to come.

This is set up so that once Peace is agreed on you have the option to overrule it and redeclare. Many alliances, Sparta included, will take offense to such actions. If there is no peace to be had you must say so, not mislead said governments with false statements or by [b] not speaking up[/b]! You can E-Lawyer all you want, but Peace was had, then you Vetoed it, something that should have been mentioned from the start, you lead us on. Grats on negotiating the wrong way.

This is my personal Opinion and not the Official Sparta Position: We offered you White Peace, you denied it. We offered you White Peace again, you accepted it, failed to inform us that a veto vote was in process and the Peace was not Official until said voting was over, you lead us to believe Peace was had by not speaking up, a failure in [b]your[/b] government process, not our own. You withdrew white Peace. Now to reiterate; this is my opinion and not the official stance of Sparta, though I know many agree. This is a slap in the face and an insult, not only was is bad negotiating but a deliberately misleading and hostile action, during peaceful talks. In my opinion; White Peace is off the table, never to be offered again. I'll fight you for the next 5 years before I sign an offer of White Peace. Your own government screwed you.
[/quote]

You give me logs where any one of my leaders give you their signatures for the peace agreement, and I will stop my arguments. However, since I have not seen [b]one[/b] shred of evidence to that effect, I have to conclude that you are all full of !@#$ and are lying through your teeth to defend what was obviously a blatant forgery.

[quote name='LucasSnow' date='11 February 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1265951711' post='2176745']

This is my personal Opinion and not the Official Sparta Position: We offered you White Peace, you denied it. We offered you White Peace again, you accepted it, failed to inform us that a veto vote was in process and the Peace was not Official until said voting was over, you lead us to believe Peace was had by not speaking up, a failure in [b]your[/b] government process, not our own. You withdrew white Peace. Now to reiterate; this is my opinion and not the official stance of Sparta, though I know many agree. This is a slap in the face and an insult, not only was is bad negotiating but a deliberately misleading and hostile action, during peaceful talks. In my opinion; White Peace is off the table, never to be offered again. I'll fight you for the next 5 years before I sign an offer of White Peace. Your own government screwed you.
[/quote]
In these cases, it's normally the IG who monitors everything and speaks up, but since I resigned a week ago, the legion is currently without an Inspector General.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1265951839' post='2176756']
Lol, you fail at trolling. I knew you all were incompetent, but even at trolling? GPA trolls better.
[/quote]

I'm starting to think you have a random response generator on hand. You are really doing your alliance a service, let me tell you.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='11 February 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1265950801' post='2176654']
I suppose this whole argument is rather moot at this point. The war is back on. For this, there will be no white peace for you Legion. This war will be long, and for you it will be painful. Your alliance will be completely and utterly destroyed. Your tech - pillaged. Your nations - flattened. Your citizens - wiped out.

We will not stop or slow down your destruction until you come to us, all together and together in agreement for once, asking for surrender. And no, you won't be able to pull this veto bullcrap again. Until you are ready to give up properly, enjoy your trip through hell. I know I will.

tl;dr - You're screwed.
[/quote]

Thank you Hype. You live up to your name. You also make me laugh.

You know, Hype is a pretty good description of Sparta in general. All show and no go. You guys post a surrender thread about a surrender that never happened. Then you act all bent when you get called on your shens.

Try harder.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='12 February 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1265951937' post='2176763']
I'm starting to think you have a random response generator on hand. You are really doing your alliance a service, let me tell you.
[/quote]
Really, you're starting to disappoint. I hoped you'd get better as you went on; but this is just becoming useless drivel now (so much for my hopes of being debated or trolled well!). I'm afraid I'll have to stop responding to you now. =[

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' date='12 February 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1265951993' post='2176772']
Thank you Hype. You live up to your name. You also make me laugh.

You know, Hype is a pretty good description of Sparta in general. All show and no go. You guys post a surrender thread about a surrender that never happened. Then you act all bent when you get called on your shens.

Try harder.
[/quote]

You have literally not read any of these threads and posted what you wished had happened. Sorry to disappoint.

[quote name='R3nowned' date='11 February 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1265951663' post='2176737']
Right, because alliances do not change, and thus, RoK is still part of the hegemony.

Ave Legio. May your nukes hit their targets straight and true

o/ Legion.
[/quote]

We were never part of the hegemony.

[quote name='jacosby' date='11 February 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1265951708' post='2176744']
How, prey tell, are we trying to rewrite history?
[/quote]

The individual stated that Legion does not leave friends on the battlefield when in fact you just did so last war. You surrendered one week into the war while the alliance you came in to defend stayed at war for a [b]much[/b] longer period of time.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1265952073' post='2176781']
Really, you're starting to disappoint. I hoped you'd get better as you went on; but this is just becoming useless drivel now (so much for my hopes of being debated or trolled well!). I'm afraid I'll have to stop responding to you now. =[
[/quote]

This is what you think is a debate:

Me: So legion, these events don't make sense how you described them.
You: Haha [insert random words]

Everyone is being ridiculous.

There was a miscommunication between Legion and its opponents, made worse by the fact that Legion's leader was absent. One side understood that peace had been achieved and posted it.

The Legion has decided they will not surrender at this time, that's all that really matters.