Clarification from The Legion

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surrender terms accepted then not accepted then who knows what.

We can now all say for sure that this war has seen just about anything.

All we need are some disbandments, insane surrender terms, and moral outrage. I suspect we will see 2 of the 3, and not the last one, I just listed as more surrenders happen to.

I suppose this whole argument is rather moot at this point. The war is back on. For this, there will be no white peace for you Legion. This war will be long, and for you it will be painful. Your alliance will be completely and utterly destroyed. Your tech - pillaged. Your nations - flattened. Your citizens - wiped out.

We will not stop or slow down your destruction until you come to us, all together and together in agreement for once, asking for surrender. And no, you won't be able to pull this veto bullcrap again. Until you are ready to give up properly, enjoy your trip through hell. I know I will.

tl;dr - You're screwed.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Kindom of Goon' date='11 February 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1265950596' post='2176647']
Logs of what? He said it himself earlier in this thread.
[/quote]
I believe he is referring to Hubb, who hasn't posted here yet.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='12 February 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1265950801' post='2176654']
I suppose this whole argument is rather moot at this point. The war is back on. For this, there will be no white peace for you Legion. This war will be long, and for you it will be painful. Your alliance will be completely and utterly destroyed. Your tech - pillaged. Your nations - flattened. Your citizens - wiped out.

We will not stop or slow down your destruction until you come to us, all together and together in agreement for once, asking for surrender. And no, you won't be able to pull this veto bull**** again. Until you are ready to give up properly, enjoy your trip through hell. I know I will.
[/quote]
It's moot because you have seen your own incompetence. Bring it, morale's never been higher; by the way, you Spartans fight like you're allergic to your infra.

Edit - Kingdom of Goon, if you're referring to: "As a subordinate government officer to the Imperator, I proceeded as directed by the Imperator to attend the peace negotiations with Sparta. During the course of said peace discussions, an internal veto of the Imperator's decisions was begun. Final signatures were never provided to Sparta or its allies. Unfortunately I could not issue our final signatures to Sparta with the pending veto action looming."
Nowhere does it say peace was accepted.

Edited by Gunnar Griffin

[quote name='Sulmar' date='12 February 2010 - 04:55 AM' timestamp='1265950529' post='2176642']
Yeah, I get that. I was just pointing out that it probably wouldn't be legit anyways. Suggestion though, clean up your war powers articles, they are confusing and hard to interpret. ;)

Constitutions and charters are also always up for interpretation with the wording of the text. Indeed, the [ooc]U.S. Supreme Court[/ooc] is set up to do just that, interpret the [ooc]U.S. Constitution[/ooc] as the Founders meant for it to be. While a discussion of judicial activism or judicial restrain could be warranted, it seems to me on Planet Bob we most always go by the intent rather than the actual wording.
[/quote]

Aye, I'm just more partial to strict textual interpretations. That being said, it does appear that their Imperator has full plenary authority over matters of war and peace, so I really don't see the issue with him agreeing.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1265950913' post='2176663']
It's moot because you have seen your own incompetence. Bring it, morale's never been higher; by the way, you Spartans fight like you're allergic to your infra.
[/quote]

Are you really trying to call us incompetent? Wow.

[quote name='marcus the great' date='11 February 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1265948218' post='2176488']
Honorable as always Legion.
As for Sparta, Dishonorable as always.
Seriously guys can you expect anything else from lolSparta?
[/quote]
I'm surprised anyone from Polar has the balls to say someone else has mishandled this war.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='11 February 2010 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1265950801' post='2176654']

We will not stop or slow down your destruction until you come to us, all together and together in agreement for once, asking for surrender. And no, you won't be able to pull this veto bullcrap again. Until you are ready to give up properly, enjoy your trip through hell. I know I will.

tl;dr - You're screwed.
[/quote]
Seems a little harsh for what appears to be just a mix up, doesn't it?

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='11 February 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1265950801' post='2176654']

tl;dr - You're screwed.
[/quote]
The good thing about trolls is that you can smell them from miles away, so you at least have time to brace yourself for the worst of the smell when they arrive.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='11 February 2010 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1265950801' post='2176654']

tl;dr - You're screwed.
[/quote]

If we are screwed it won't be because of Sparta's military prowess. Your allies that have declared on us are by far better opponents than yourselves. Honestly you are saying it is our fault yet it was your .gov that jumped the gun? sure...why not. That makes sense in the war that is currently going on.

[quote name='Zyvexal' date='11 February 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1265948428' post='2176503']
THANK YOU.

and just to clarify. I'm the former Inspector General of the Legion, which means I'm the Legion Charter expert. So don't any of you Spartans try to talk to US about OUR charter.
[/quote]
Thats fine, but maybe you should have clued your Imperator in on the process, or perhaps informed anyone that those sigs were not valid.

Either way it doesnt change much other than the terms down the road.

[quote name='wandmdave' date='11 February 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1265951227' post='2176689']
Thats fine, but maybe you should have clued your Imperator in on the process, or perhaps informed anyone that those sigs were not valid.

[/quote]
your right, don't expect us to give you white peace again.

tl;dr - You're screwed.
[/quote]

You can try, but the Legion has faced far worse than [i]Sparta[/i]. It is [b]extremely[/b] funny to me that you think that your alliance can crush the Legion and her spirit. Your forgery and incompetence has brought us to this, and even if the Legion ends this utterly destroyed, I will take great pleasure in knowing that we didn't just roll over and surrender to the likes of you.

Ave Legio!

tl;dr Bring it on, !@#$%*.

Edited by assarax

[quote name='Zyvexal' date='12 February 2010 - 05:04 AM' timestamp='1265951072' post='2176674']
The good thing about trolls is that you can smell them from miles away, so you at least have time to brace yourself for the worst of the smell when they arrive.
[/quote]
Destroying an alliance until they surrender. That's pretty standard for...you know...war.

[quote name='jacosby' date='12 February 2010 - 05:05 AM' timestamp='1265951155' post='2176679']
If we are screwed it won't be because of Sparta's military prowess. Your allies that have declared on us are by far better opponents than yourselves.
[/quote]

I'll take that as a compliment.

o/ Sparta for being generous
o/ Asgaard

[quote name='wandmdave' date='11 February 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1265951227' post='2176689']

[/quote]

FORMER. He resigned a few days ago. We are currently in the process of electing a new IG.

[quote name='SiCkO' date='12 February 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1265951093' post='2176676']
the way this war is currently going, your going to lose much more than we are :smug:
[/quote]
This must be the problem. Legion thinks we posted up a surrender for a different war. :smug:

Edited by wandmdave

[quote name='SiCkO' date='11 February 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1265950539' post='2176643']
we dont leave friends behind[/quote]

Oh stop it. If that were the case you would have fought longer than a week in the Karma War. You can disagree with Sparta and company posting this and whatnot, but don't start acting like Legion is an honorable alliance that is willing to shed all their infra for their friends ... history does not support that claim.

Honestly, none of this matters anymore. Back to war you all go ... :P

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='11 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1265951438' post='2176719']
Oh stop it. If that were the case you would have fought longer than a week in the Karma War. You can disagree with Sparta and company posting this and whatnot, but don't start acting like Legion is an honorable alliance that is willing to shed all their infra for their friends ... history does not support that claim.

Honestly, none of this matters anymore. Back to war you all go ... :P
[/quote]
Please don't make me dig up your own posts from the Karma war. Something about hatchets being buried...etc etc.