Who is taking the biggest beating in this war?

Kijuna69

1,017 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Drai' date='11 February 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1265914738' post='2175246']
Effective by comparison to the expectations, not remarkable by any means though.

And really? Lower NS is where all the fun is? Are you saying that in hopes that you'll have some footing in this conversation?
[/quote]

Nope, saying it because its an honest opinion. Its not the size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nedved I' date='11 February 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1265921228' post='2175435']
Nope, saying it because its an honest opinion. Its not the size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog.
[/quote]
Morally, unfortunately statistics prove otherwise on this particular type of battlefield.

[quote name='Nedved I' date='11 February 2010 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1265914006' post='2175220']
I think Legion haters are just surprised to see The Legion is actually an effective fighting force. Besides the lower NS is where all the fun is.
[/quote]
We don't hate the Legion, we pity you.

[quote]and MK because the worst is likely over for them as most of their enemies are in nuke anarchy or peacemode[/quote]

Uh....

ANYWAYS, NSO's been pretty much ground to dust already. Invicta's getting hard, as are MK and TOP, but I think IRON takes the cake.

[quote name='Penkala' date='11 February 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1265926999' post='2175660']
Uh....

ANYWAYS, NSO's been pretty much ground to dust already. Invicta's getting hard, as are MK and TOP, but I think IRON takes the cake.
[/quote]
We're actually still putting up a damn good fight.

Maybe if grinding us to dust were part of the game plan, you could have deployed capable alliances at us? We're at 7-to-1 odds, and somehow our losses haven't been horrible.

But sure, say whatever you like to justify your vitriol.

I know I shouldn't comment and probably let sleeping dogs lie, but, I can't.

It's very difficult for me to disagree with the sentiments expressed by BOTH Bud and PhysicsJunky. It's a miserable position. First, it's not as if UPN hasn't rode off into a losing proposition before. UPN fought against Karma when it was clear that was a losing proposition. UPN was also engaged with RnR in this monstrosity of a war and prepared for the obvious SF counterattack.

Second, our MDoAP allies were aggressively attacked. Then, almost immediately, a member of CDT was also hitting an MDoAP ally by honoring its treaty. Within 24 hours, more or less, ODN had been aggressively attacked and FEAR was hitting CnG, including ODN.

Third, now there has emerged a "purple curbstomp", as it's been referred to by the Stickmen, and I believe every other member of CDT is now engaged in the war. I'm not even quite sure what front that is -- it seems mostly separate from the CnG-TOP/IRON front and it is of significant consequence to UPN.

That's where UPN is. UPN can honor all treaties and more or less "Go Polar" -- which, of course, has been ridiculed. UPN can choose one side over the other with obvious ramifications. Or UPN can remain neutral and, well, get criticized -- and frankly, I find it hard to take much offense at anything Bud is saying.

[quote name='Nedved I' date='11 February 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1265921228' post='2175435']
[/quote]
That's fine to have an opinion...doesn't change how small of an impact Legion has been though :P

[quote]No, I think the biggest blow is the realization that Sparta's military would be better suited for a job breaking rocks with other rocks. [/quote]

Dude, you're in [b]LEGION[/b]. Stop talking !@#$ when you're in Legion, please. You just make us all laugh.

@ Drai: lower NS *is* where the fun's at :smug:

[quote]We're actually still putting up a damn good fight.

Maybe if grinding us to dust were part of the game plan, you could have deployed capable alliances at us? We're at 7-to-1 odds, and somehow our losses haven't been horrible.

But sure, say whatever you like to justify your vitriol. [/quote]

Did I say you weren't putting up a fight or did I say you've been ground down and hit hard? Go back and re-read.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='11 February 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1265927805' post='2175697']

Did I say you weren't putting up a fight or did I say you've been ground down and hit hard? Go back and re-read.
[/quote]
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought when you said [quote]ANYWAYS, NSO's been pretty much ground to dust already.[/quote]You were implying that we were relatively the same thing as dust in this conflict. When, in fact, the reality is nothing of the sort.

I apologize for taking your hyperbole at face value. Perhaps next time you say something that is patently wrong, I should assume you're just being unhilariously ironic?

Of course, I never accused you of saying we werent fighting, simply that [quote]We're at 7-to-1 odds, and somehow our losses haven't been horrible. [/quote]

I would repeat your own advice back to you, but I know you were just being ironic, and not being hilariously hypocritical in the slightest.

If were not doing any damage, why are we the only ones that have to pay reps under you ridiculous terms. Which have been summarily rejected. Though if you surrender now we may be lenient :awesome:.

To me it seems Sparta has a case of the macho 'I'm fine syndrome', that many guys get when they have say a board slammed into their legs. In order to save face after being thrashed they're strutting about as if nothing is wrong, when about half of their nations are in anarchy, and have lost about 3 million nation strength.

Edited by Nedved I

[quote name='Chron' date='11 February 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1265930663' post='2175789']
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought when you said You were implying that we were relatively the same thing as dust in this conflict. When, in fact, the reality is nothing of the sort.

I apologize for taking your hyperbole at face value. Perhaps next time you say something that is patently wrong, I should assume you're just being unhilariously ironic?

Of course, I never accused you of saying we werent fighting, simply that

I would repeat your own advice back to you, but I know you were just being ironic, and not being hilariously hypocritical in the slightest.
[/quote]

My nation's pretty much been ground to dust and I'm still fighting (and winning). Taking a beating and giving one back are not mutually exclusive.

And yeah, you've lost half your NS, so I'd say your losses are pretty close to "horrible." Especially considering out of your remaining 2m NS, 775,000 of that is in peace mode and untouchable.

Edit:

[quote]To me it seems Sparta has a case of the macho 'I'm fine syndrome', that many guys get when they have say a board slammed into their legs. In order to save face after being thrashed they're strutting about as if nothing is wrong, when about half of their nations are in anarchy, and have lost about 3 million nation strength. [/quote]

Oh NO! Anarchy? What ever will Sparta do?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='11 February 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1265932038' post='2175828']
My nation's pretty much been ground to dust and I'm still fighting (and winning). Taking a beating and giving one back are not mutually exclusive.

And yeah, you've lost half your NS, so I'd say your losses are pretty close to "horrible." Especially considering out of your remaining 2m NS, 775,000 of that is in peace mode and untouchable.

[/quote]
With 7-1 odds (down from 10-1), fighting since nearly the beginning of this conflict non-stop, and we've lost less than 2 million of our NS at the beginning of this war, I'd say we're doing pretty damn well. Then again, we are fighting folks who think it's a good investment to use nukes every day on an individual with close to 0 infrastructure, 0 standing armies, and 0 tech.

And a [i]Peace Mode argument[/i]? Sure, I mean, why not?

[quote name='Shurukian' date='10 February 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1265817858' post='2172680']
Poll does not have GUN.

I vote GUN.
[/quote]

I'd disagree, GUN has unleashed more of a beating then we have been beaten but if you say so.

[quote name='Nedved I' date='12 February 2010 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1265931803' post='2175822']
If were not doing any damage, why are we the only ones that have to pay reps under you ridiculous terms. Which have been summarily rejected. Though if you surrender now we may be lenient :awesome:.

To me it seems Sparta has a case of the macho 'I'm fine syndrome', that many guys get when they have say a board slammed into their legs. In order to save face after being thrashed they're strutting about as if nothing is wrong, when about half of their nations are in anarchy, and have lost about 3 million nation strength.
[/quote]

Yes- Legion hit Sparta. They had a reasonably good hit on the lower tier- this is what normally occurs in the first round of war, as you are able to declare below you. But to be honest- Sparta has bigger fish to fry- most notably IRON and TOP. They are the ones really doing damage to Sparta. High NS wars are the ones where maximum damage is dealt- low NS wars such as the current Sparta-Legion ones do comparatively little damage and are easy to recover from.

[quote name='Chron' date='11 February 2010 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1265933675' post='2175875']
With 7-1 odds (down from 10-1), fighting since nearly the beginning of this conflict non-stop, and we've lost less than 2 million of our NS at the beginning of this war, I'd say we're doing pretty damn well. Then again, we are fighting folks who think it's a good investment to use nukes every day on an individual with close to 0 infrastructure, 0 standing armies, and 0 tech.

And a [i]Peace Mode argument[/i]? Sure, I mean, why not?
[/quote]

You only have 3 defending slots so that doesn't really matter if it's 7v1. And 2m NS is half of your NS... that's a lot. I'd use nukes on you too, even after you hit zero everything :awesome:

It wasn't a peace mode argument. My point was that there is 775k NS that can't be touched and if we applied the numbers to that NS that we applied to the rest of your NS you'd be 1.5m NS right now. When you have nearly a million NS in peace mode having 2m total NS isn't very impressive.

[quote name='Nedved I' date='11 February 2010 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1265931803' post='2175822']

[/quote]

What have we said. It's pretty much you all being complete idiots acting like you've done a single thing. All we've done is responded by telling you the truth. I'm sorry if we've hurt your feelings so much.:lol1:

I'm sorry but this new bravado from Legion is just too much for me. Legion has not even done close to a million NS of damage to us. Then again if you paint your flag on TOP and IRON's nukes maybe it will make you feel better. Then again, I'm sure you'll find some way to say no u in a slightly different manner in response to this post.

EDIT: You realize most of our anarchies were done via nukes before you even slumped into this war, right? Also, given the way you all are acting in public you wonder why we want reps? I don't know, basic logic skills have escaped you thus far, I don't expect too much of it from you now.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

[quote name='Penkala' date='12 February 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1265935166' post='2175927']
You only have 3 defending slots so that doesn't really matter if it's 7v1. And 2m NS is half of your NS... that's a lot. I'd use nukes on you too, even after you hit zero everything :awesome:

It wasn't a peace mode argument. My point was that there is 775k NS that can't be touched and if we applied the numbers to that NS that we applied to the rest of your NS you'd be 1.5m NS right now. When you have nearly a million NS in peace mode having 2m total NS isn't very impressive.
[/quote]
So...we have nations cycling into peacemode and out of it, and that means what about your calculations?

The way your presenting it only works if those 775k were in peace mode the entire conflict, which is not the case. So I don't really understand what else you could mean with that, aside from making it as a "peacemodelol" argument.

[quote name='Nedved I' date='11 February 2010 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1265931803' post='2175822']

[/quote]
Just to help you conceptualize things.

[IMG]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/mtrinite/Legion.jpg[/IMG]

You've certainly exceeded our incredibly low expectations in the bottom tiers, but your conduct on these boards certainly has not. The only thing more ridiculous than suggesting that we have taken a harder beating than IRON in this war is your implied assumption that Legion is the reason for the damage we have taken. Your ability to not completely suck at war is going to be outshadowed by your attempts to strut your above-terribleness in public as if it is an accomplishment worthy of admiration.

My views do not represent those of The Legion's government or of the Alliance as a whole. So please its [i]my[/i] conduct on this board. I find it funny how sanctioned alliances can get such big headed of their superiority, while the smaller in alliances fight with honor and dignity. I honestly believe that TCI, Asgaard, TOS, TTK, etc. Have more honor and certainly more military prowess than Sparta, with plenty to spare. Than the gaggle of Sparta members that have probably never even clicked the link to a war guide. If you want to minimalize my alliance's contribution to the war, so be it. I honestly couldn't pity you any more. Because seeing a once great alliance in severe denial as they plummet to the ground is a sad affair. Also after trying to get us to pay reps, they tried to offer white peace. I'm still curious about that.

Edited by Nedved I

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1265828769' post='2172925']
We're taking a hit politically?
[/quote]

If there was any "political hit" to ODN, I would say it was a positive. My perception is that ODN is doing a great job, and improving their image.

[quote name='Nedved I' date='11 February 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1265937433' post='2176008']
My views do not represent those of The Legion's government or of the Alliance as a whole. So please its [i]my[/i] conduct on this board. I find it funny how sanctioned alliances can get such big headed of their superiority, while the smaller in alliances fight with honor and dignity. I honestly believe that TCI, Asgaard, TOS, TTK, etc. Have more honor and certainly more military prowess than Sparta, with plenty to spare. Than the gaggle of Sparta members that have probably never even clicked the link to a war guide. If you want to minimalize my alliance's contribution to the war, so be it. I honestly couldn't pity you any more. Because seeing a once great alliance in severe denial as they plummet to the ground is a sad affair. Also after trying to get us to pay reps, they tried to offer white peace. I'm still curious about that.
[/quote]

:facepalm: sigh....

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='12 February 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1265939362' post='2176057']
If you didnt vote IRON Im laughing at you.
[/quote]
I null-voted.

Then again, I could always change my vote, so we cool?

Edited by Chron