A pointless announcement from a pointless alliance...

The AUT

[center][img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/Coven87/Carthageflagwarelephantwreath1wa-1.png[/img][/center]

Recently Carthage, well myself in particular, wanted to discuss peace terms with the ODN. We were frustrated with our coalition however the war declarations came. However peace is still being offered and many are asking me if we are going to surrender so this is in response to those questions.

For so long as I remembered when you started to see alliances surrendering you'd have this feeling of the end, at least I did. It signals that the war is about to conclude and some alliances tough it out for longer while some alliances pack it in and resume rebuilding. However I always hated and dreaded reading alliances surrender to the opposition, especially when we could do more damage. However that's not how Cyber Nations works and I was guilty of such an action recently.

However this is to clarify our position in this war. We will fight until the war is clearly lost. There will be no early surrenders, we may always re-buy our infrastructure but we could never re-buy our honor and commitment.

With this, Carthage hereby remains in the war and refuses to surrender until the war is lost completely. We thank the ODN for the generous terms of white peace, but we will reject them for now. I won't be doing what I've hated seeing all these years.

And so yeah, [s]peace[/s] war. :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you had the foresight to realize that this announcement is pointless. That counts for something(but not much).

I would like to take this occasion to announce that my alliance does not have any treaties to declare, any milestones to publicize, nor any announcement to make at all. Just keeping you informed.

Edited by Erich Ludendorff

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='05 February 2010 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1265409573' post='2162190']
[color="#0000FF"]I never knew that the Mushroom Kingdom condoned PZI. Thank you for enlightening me.[/color]
[/quote]
It is commendable for one "side" to refuse surrender as an option, but not the other?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='06 February 2010 - 02:39 AM' timestamp='1265409573' post='2162190']
[color="#0000FF"]I never knew that the Mushroom Kingdom condoned PZI. Thank you for enlightening me.[/color]
[/quote]

you can have eternal war without necessarily being stuck at ZI.

:smug:

[quote name='Gn0xious Jr' date='05 February 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1265409852' post='2162195']
It is commendable for one "side" to refuse surrender as an option, but not the other?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So, the NPO never actually PZIed people but simply refused to surrender to people like Doitzel, and Starfox, and Sponge, and myself? Glad you approve of their former practices. I can only say that I truly hope to see you putting them to use in this new world you are creating.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='05 February 2010 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1265409573' post='2162190']
[/quote]
We also condone EZI, and any other forms of ZI. Why not?

EZI J. Brookbank

[quote name='Gn0xious Jr' date='05 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1265409852' post='2162195']
[/quote]

if the side that is refusing surrender is the side that clearly has the upperhand in the war, so as to be in a clear position of victory, then they are not to be commended. They are to be spit upon and condemned.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='05 February 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1265410026' post='2162200']
[color="#0000FF"]So, the NPO never actually PZIed people but simply refused to surrender to people like Doitzel, and Starfox, and Sponge, and myself? Glad you approve of their former practices. I can only say that I truly hope to see you putting them to use in this new world you are creating.[/color]
[/quote]
okay? never ceases to amaze me on how you can fabricate so much out of nothing... ;)

So, you condone Carthage's announcement that they will not surrender. You also state that FAIL will not surrender. By not surrendering, you are condoning extending the conflict. By never surrendering, you are condoning a path to eternal conflict, which is commendable. A nation from the opposite side declares that they will not surrender, so both "sides" have stated they will not surrender, and in essence are condoning a path to eternal conflict, and I condone PZI? I don't get it.