Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

Well, there are two differences I can think of: first, you attacked for some tech; we attacked because the owners of said tech were tiny by comparison; second, you decided to spit in our face when we approached you diplomatically, and we decided to smile and smite you. But let's both have fun.

No you attacked because Mr. Grub didn't want to be preceived as someone who bluffs. Ask him.

The war is over \m/'s conduct.

Grub's statements are a whole different matter.

^_^

Just because he says something on the forums doesn't mean it will be contrary to his actions. We all know that deal already.

Though, you admit that some people will leave (or you should), and that he wants \m/ as a community (our ideals of tech raiding) changed, no?

Edited by Earogema

You have no right to judge \m/. They are innovative and fun and great. Just ask the\m/. Plus, being beat down isn't that bad. I'\m/ sure that FoA could have \m/anaged. Why are you getting so uppity about this? You're pretty \m/uch just tech raiding a \m/uch s\m/aller alliance, just like \m/ did. So you really can't pass judg\m/ent here. You're no better than \m/ is. So how about you just give the\m/ peace now and the\m/ do what it is they do. Re\m/e\m/ber, this is different as FoA had no protector. \m/ on the other hand......forget it. Just stop attacking \m/. They don't like it when people do it to the\m/.

\m/ >_< \m/ \M/EEEEEETAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!! \m/ >_< \m/

You're entirely correct. I begin to see now just how daringly origi\m/al \m/ is. I'm p\m/'ing for peace.

There is regret. Their reference to it happening all the time is in regards to the channel itself between themselves so nobody should be offended when they witness the language. If you'd read the thread further or talked to \m/ you'll have seen that they are making sure that doesn't happen again in regards to talking to foreign diplomats.

I have done neither of those. I read the OP and assumed I have all \m/ wished to say about it. It is an alliance announcement, I wished it could have been better written.

I certainly will object against NpO if the war is merely because of \m/ raiding some nations. But this is not. This is due to the profanity action that \m/ admit doing and apologizing for.

When you apologize for some wrong doing you did (which \m/ admit they do), do you require that the others must accept it?

People might find the apology not good enough, not sincere, and chooses to counter your offense.

But if you think that apology should have been good enough, then you two will have to agree in disagree.

Will \m/ fight back hard this time? Will their allies help? If you believe you are being violated, fight for it.

You still have to take into account the choice of the attack. If this were MK, or TOP, or GOD rather than \m/, the situation would have had a much different outcome. NpO chose to exercise it's course of action because they had a firm grasp on the situation and the repercussions to Polaris as an alliance, and the nations of polaris. If they also would have attacked PC, then the can that contains the worms would have been opened for this to move beyond their control. Thus why they are choosing to force PC to attack them and be the "aggressors" when in fact they are still the aggressors regardless of who attacks first.

Might makes right.

If I am not mistaken, PC has MDoAP's to FoB and Athens. Which at the very least gives these two the "option" of aggressing. Meaning that there is the possibility that NpO would leave itself open to attack from at the very least those 2 alliances. Leaving oneself open to the possibility of attack from 2 members of CnG let alone the enitre CnG block is hardly "stat hugging" as far as I am concerned. Maybe your definition is different than mine though, I guess we can debate how much NS required and how much potential NS versus your NS constitutes "stat hugging".

Might indeed does make right in this world of power politics. As a leader of a raiding alliance, I would say that is pretty much the basis of why raiding is OK...

Just because he says something on the forums doesn't mean it will be contrary to his actions. We all know that deal already.

Though, you admit that some people will leave (or you should), and that he wants \m/ as a community (our ideals of tech raiding) changed, no?

From the looks of it, he just wants \m/ to stop being #$#$# and start being intelligent about the things they do.

From the looks of it.

How do you get backpedaling from that? Really? Because I'm pretty sure that the foul language isnt what set Grub off. Didn't you say you were informed?

Clearly that was misleading of you.

So foul language wasn't what set him off to declare war? Okay glad to know you agree.

What is "escalation"? Someone explain it to this guy.

Again another throwaway line with no real argument behind it. Don't you get tired of the same old tactics?

Wha? I'm pretty sure he just pointed out that some folks like to use "Tech Raids" as a convenient cover for attacking alliances these days.

So he thinks all his ally's are just using "tech raids" as a cover for attacking alliances and is going to tell them to stop?

The war is over \m/'s conduct.

Grub's statements are a whole different matter.

^_^

:huh:

I could have sworn the FoA situation was handled well with The Corp.

Didn't you get the memo? GOONS is an Athens sub-alliance that just hasn't been assimilated fully yet. As such any actions undertaken by Athens are also considered to have been taken by GOONS, thus making this GOONS second offense.

I mean, duh.

PC raided California during the Karma war because California was a protectorate of TPF.

also just havta o/ Polaris for attacking \m/.

From the looks of it, he just wants \m/ to stop being #$#$# and start being intelligent about the things they do.

From the looks of it.

That's still the changing/possibly destruction of our community.

You can paint it in whatever colors you want, but that's what it is.

I have done neither of those. I read the OP and assumed I have all \m/ wished to say about it. It is an alliance announcement, I wished it could have been better written.

I certainly will object against NpO if the war is merely because of \m/ raiding some nations. But this is not. This is due to the profanity action that \m/ admit doing and apologizing for.

When you apologize for some wrong doing you did (which \m/ admit they do), do you require that the others must accept it?

People might find the apology not good enough, not sincere, and chooses to counter your offense.

But if you think that apology should have been good enough, then you two will have to agree in disagree.

Will \m/ fight back hard this time? Will their allies help? If you believe you are being violated, fight for it.

I don't get how in good consciousness you can just freely admit you didn't try to obtain clarification for something and instead just base hate off of something that I just proved to you was wrong. If polar didn't find their apology good enough then that's fine, but the fact of the matter is that they did apologize.

So he made himself the Legislature, Executive and Judaical, and admits that many others just don't care.

That's all I see.

This works in boht ways, who made \m/ Legislature, Executive and Judaical to allow themselves to raid who they want?

But no we don't made nothing, we just take a stand for what we believe and attack \m/, we are not asking others to act in the same way, we are just doing our own move as we have the right and sovereignty to do so, the same right and sovereignty you had to attack FoA and now are facing the consequences.

There is regret. Their reference to it happening all the time is in regards to the channel itself between themselves so nobody should be offended when they witness the language. If you'd read the thread further or talked to \m/ you'll have seen that they are making sure that doesn't happen again in regards to talking to foreign diplomats.

Have you considered joining \m/? I hear tell they're a great alliance, and have done fantastic things with typography. Join that with your elegant sophistry and it sounds unstoppable to me.

Have you considered joining \m/? I hear tell they're a great alliance, and have done fantastic things with typography. Join that with your elegant sophistry and it sounds unstoppable to me.

I have not considered joining \m/ but it's easy to overlook some things certain times, just like I just recently did so I had to update my charter ^_^

This works in boht ways, who made \m/ Legislature, Executive and Judaical to allow themselves to raid who they want?

But no we don't made nothing, we just take a stand for what we believe and attack \m/, we are not asking others to act in the same way, we are just doing our own move as we have the right and sovereignty to do so, the same right and sovereignty you had to attack FoA and now are facing the consequences.

I suppose you have a point. We created our standards, you have your own.

Still, it does make me wonder why other alliances weren't attacked.

So Polar's problem with \m/ wasn't at all related to the tech raid on FoA?

You should ask Grub if it isn't just related to the tech raid, but in my opnion reading the OP you can see that the way that \m/ dealed with Grub is one of the reasons too.