Make spying more real-like

Currently if you do a spy operation and it is successful, you either lose spys or don't and either complete your mission or you fail.

I'd like to see the spies get to steal the things they are trying to spy away. Maybe not every time, but enough to make it worthwhile. Spy away someone's nuke, and you gain a nuke, even if you don't have the infra or tech to normally have nukes. Same thing for everything else!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like the steal cash/tech idea. Maybe make stealing tech more expensive than destroying it.

I somewhat like the detonate/steal WMD idea, but I would suggest it be an expensive operation with much lower odds of success (25% of normal spy odds, maybe?).

I don't get how you steal infra, per se. I think that one should remain as a "destroy" option, just for the sake of realism.

[quote name='Robony' date='16 January 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1263661526' post='2109301']
For nukes, I would add the option "Detonate WoMD". Seems realistic enough that if they can target one, they could blow it up, causing nuclear damage to the owner.
[/quote]

I like it :D That'd be fun to watch too, spies on the mission would die though :)

• 4 weeks later...

I think you guys are on to something here, perhaps 3 WMD options [s]steal[/s] detonate, destroy and capture?

Thanks Lurunin I type faster than I think at times (which isn't saying much)

Edited by Thom98

[quote name='Dom Zak' date='23 February 2010 - 03:18 AM' timestamp='1266895087' post='2198400']
Yes, the spies who detonate it would die.
[/quote]

Unless, shock horror, the detonator had this incredible thing called a timer, giving the spies an opportunity to run like hell.

[quote name='Thom98' date='19 March 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1269020511' post='2230378']
I think you guys are on to something here, perhaps 3 WMD options [b]steal[/b], destroy and [b]capture[/b]?
[/quote]

you may want to fix that one, steal and capture are roughly the same thing :P

but i like the idea of more options. It will give the game another strategy element.

And i agree that different options would warrant different success odds

Edited by Lurunin